No high frees when player with the ball is responsible for the high contact

Remove this Banner Ad

Aug 22, 2009
AFL Club
West Coast
That's the rule change as announced today.

But when is the player with the ball "responsible for the high contact"?

Does it cover the arm raise? The more shruggish arm raise?

Jake Niall has reported:

"This covers situations of ducking, driving the head into the tackler or slipping down on contact."

I assume this is slipping down?

IMG_0509.JPG

Will laugh when oppo fans come to the realisation it won't stop Joel. He shrugs tackles to evade them not for FK purposes.
Have to wonder though, 2/3 new rules are areas we excel at, I wonder which club has sooked to the AFL :rolleyes:

Will laugh when oppo fans come to the realisation it won't stop Joel. He shrugs tackles to evade them not for FK purposes.
Have to wonder though, 2/3 new rules are areas we excel at, I wonder which club has sooked to the AFL :rolleyes:

I don't think anyone with a brain actually thinks Selwood relies on the high frees to be an elite mid.

I don't think anyone with a brain actually thinks Selwood relies on the high frees to be an elite mid.
You clearly haven't seen a main board gameday thread (or the numerous threads about him), rest assured many on here think exactly that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That's the rule change as announced today.

But when is the player with the ball "responsible for the high contact"?

Does it cover the arm raise? The more shruggish arm raise?

Jake Niall has reported:

"This covers situations of ducking, driving the head into the tackler or slipping down on contact."

I assume this is slipping down?

View attachment 321575
Be interesting to see if that type of 'breaking the tackle' still happens as much. I doubt it.

You clearly haven't seen a main board gameday thread (or the numerous threads about him), rest assured many on here think exactly that.

While there are some that are serious, I think a lot more are doing it purely to troll.

While there are some that are serious, I think a lot more are doing it purely to troll.
Some would be frustration in the heat of the moment. Just frustrating as freekicks aren't the motivation.

It's win-win, because we all can laugh at the Geelong supporters at Kardinia Park doing their nut when Joel doesn't receive his usual gimme frees.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back