news The General MMA & Combat Sports Discussion Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

But actually though. If someone can provide a legitimate reason why a bloke who has only fought twice in a year, with one of those fights being a 13 second ko and the other an unconvincing win against another bloke past his prime, and a man who has thrown his toys out of his cot because he didnt get exactly what he wanted and threatened to retire or leave the organisation. Can someone tell me why that person shouldnt just fight at their weight class for the belt they were (undeservedly) given. Why would such a person deserve a title shot at a higher weightclass? And a title shot NOT EVEN AGAINST THE CHAMPION.

Its also very funny how Aldo was happy to bum around whinging waiting for McGregor but now cant wait an extra month for a Holloway fight. What a joke. * Jose Aldo

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

But actually though. If someone can provide a legitimate reason why a bloke who has only fought twice in a year, with one of those fights being a 13 second ko and the other an unconvincing win against another bloke past his prime, and a man who has thrown his toys out of his cot because he didnt get exactly what he wanted and threatened to retire or leave the organisation. Can someone tell me why that person shouldnt just fight at their weight class for the belt they were (undeservedly) given. Why would such a person deserve a title shot at a higher weightclass? And a title shot NOT EVEN AGAINST THE CHAMPION.

just on not waiting for a extra month that is a norm I mma, last week many fighters had to wait a month cose of the canceled fight night an they were upset..

how is Frankie past his prime? on form he was in line for a title shot till the aldo fight...

just on not waiting for a extra month that is a norm I mma, last week many fighters had to wait a month cose of the canceled fight night an they were upset..

how is Frankie past his prime? on form he was in line for a title shot till the aldo fight...
I understand not waiting a month if you are an active fighter with plans and goals. But when Aldo has spent most of his career dictating times and taking large chunks out... see last year... i dont think he has the right to complain

**** Aldo. The snake doesnt deserve s**t. Fight at your weightclass for your undeserved belt you pleb

Its also very funny how Aldo was happy to bum around whinging waiting for McGregor but now cant wait an extra month for a Holloway fight. What a joke. **** Jose Aldo
Maybe a civil discussion would take place once you've ceased sounding like a petulant child fanboy regarding one of the greatest MMA fighters of all time?

Maybe a civil discussion would take place once you've ceased sounding like a petulant child fanboy regarding one of the greatest MMA fighters of all time?
I dont consider him a great. Why would i treat him with respect? Somebody who carries themselves like Jose Aldo does not deserve to be treated with an ounce of respect

I dont consider him a great. Why would i treat him with respect? Somebody who carries themselves like Jose Aldo does not deserve to be treated with an ounce of respect
And that'd be because you're an ignorant blow in fan that's actively choosing to gloss over and ignore the legacy of one of the greats of all time because it conflicts with your boyfriend's agenda.

Aldo's legacy stacks up comparatively with the likes of future hall of famers in Anderson Silva, GSP etc.
Your argument of him not deserving anything absolutely reeks of fairweather supporter logic and mentality.

And that'd be because you're an ignorant blow in fan that's actively choosing to gloss over and ignore the legacy of one of the greats of all time because it conflicts with your boyfriend's agenda.

Aldo's legacy stacks up comparatively with the likes of future hall of famers in Anderson Silva, GSP etc.
Your argument of him not deserving anything absolutely reeks of fairweather supporter logic and mentality.
Oh yed the standard argument of "ive been here longer therefore i know better" yeah i couldnt care how much history you think you know.

Personally. I do not rate, and will not consider the achievements of, fighters who have shown a pattern of pulling out of fights, either deliberately, unintentionally or otherwise. Add to that. I do not respect fighters who avoid fights and or drug tests.

I.e i do not like Jose Aldo. I mean if you are fine with supporting a man who spits in YOUR face as a consumer by pulling out of cards and avoiding the necessary fights then go right ahead, but I will not.

That is the same reason i dont like Cormier either.

Oh yed the standard argument of "ive been here longer therefore i know better" yeah i couldnt care how much history you think you know.
I didn't mention anything of the sort, I can't help if your inferiority complex is surfacing.
Truth of the matter is what i've said is true - you've admitted as such in the past on this forum that you're recent to the sport and that's no reflection of anyone else's knowledge but purely the ignorance of your own comments over time.And these comments are no exception.

Personally. I do not rate, and will not consider the achievements of, fighters who have shown a pattern of pulling out of fights, either deliberately, unintentionally or otherwise. Add to that. I do not respect fighters who avoid fights and or drug tests.

I.e i do not like Jose Aldo. I mean if you are fine with supporting a man who spits in YOUR face as a consumer by pulling out of cards and avoiding the necessary fights then go right ahead, but I will not.

That is the same reason i dont like Cormier either.
The rest is just arguments to suit your love for 1 man, barely valid and strawman at best..

Interested by what "avoiding the necessary fights" means. The guy's been champion and has been defending his belt against number 1 contenders for years. He loses his belt and fights the next best guy in the division... what fights were necessary? I mean it's hard to compare to Conor who had to defeat the mighty Dennis Siver to get his title shot, but Jose's done OK for himself.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I didn't mention anything of the sort, I can't help if your inferiority complex is surfacing.
Truth of the matter is what i've said is true - you've admitted as such in the past on this forum that you're recent to the sport and that's no reflection of anyone else's knowledge but purely the ignorance of your own comments over time.And these comments are no exception.

The rest is just arguments to suit your love for 1 man, barely valid and strawman at best..
Inferiority complex.. settle down mate, i dont consider my self inferior to you at all ;) and it was "implied", heavily even, from your statement.

I may be recent supporter. But i know who i like over the history of MMA, (i used to watch back in the Tito/Liddell/Couture days btw) and Jose isnt one of them.

And my argument is perfectly valid

Jose's been a dominant UFC champion, the only UFC FW champion, and undefeated for 10 years.
This detail on it's own speaks volumes. Furthermore the fact that you choose not to rate or consider this speaks more of you as a McGregor fan than the regular MMA fan. A resounding majority of fighters have historically pulled out of fights due to injuries - again, the fact that you pin this claim to 1-2 people says more about you than any single fighter.

Even Anderson Silva got an immediate rematch with the same circumstances. The only difference was, Silva didn't lose to an egomaniac dictating terms to the UFC and picking his own fights.

Love him or hate him, Jose Aldo will retire in the same caliber of the fighters you just mentioned. Albeit with a better record.

if you don't rate aldo then wonder how you rate dom cruz, if he gets beaten next week many will forget just how good he is/was ...

I seen the last post on the last page a thought.. "oh boy".. i wasnt disapointed with what i read next lol

FlowersByIrene its ok to think its ridiculous that Jose would even be offered a interim LW title fight, because if it was to happen, it would immediately be the least valued title in UFC history, and thats saying something after what happened 2 weeks ago in canada, and i doubt anyone here would disagree.

But i dont understand how you could even remotely blame Aldo for that. Not only is Aldo undoubtably top 5 pound for pound greatest of all time, but he doesnt get to make a decision on what belt is given to him, or what prospective LW interim title fight is offered.

Any and all of your anger should be directed at the UFC.

And before you direct it there, take conors dick out of your mouth, because they may not understand you ;) (just playin)

Last edited:
its ok to think its ridiculous that Jose would even be offered a interim LW title fight, because if it was to happen, it would immediately be the least valued title in UFC history, and thats saying something after what happened 2 weeks ago in canada, and i doubt anyone here would disagree.

Getting a title shot in a new weight class with only a one fight winning streak to your name sure does sound ridiculous. It would be even more ridiculous if the current title holder at that weight hadn't just had the exact same treatment. ;)

Seriously though with Ferguson seemingly waiting for a better offer (which may or may not come from the UFC) and forgetting the interim title rubbish, who does Khabib fight in the meantime? Barboza and Chiesa are his options in the top 10 for guys not coming off a loss or who he hasn't already beaten. If Aldo is serious about a move to 155 in order to get his rematch with Conor a fight with Khabib would sell and sell well. He's shown an incredible ability to neutralise his opponents wrestling game and given that is Khabib's major strength you've got an interesting match up.

I'd love to see a bout between Khabib & Jose Aldo. Aldo's TDD has proven over time to be truly elite, and he'd face his toughest grappling task of his career. I could see Khabib having a rough day.

I think Khabib would give Nate Diaz a LOT of trouble however. Nate would probably get stopped similarly to how Michael Johnson did.

I'd love to see a bout between Khabib & Jose Aldo. Aldo's TDD has proven over time to be truly elite, and he'd face his toughest grappling task of his career. I could see Khabib having a rough day.

I think Khabib would give Nate Diaz a LOT of trouble however. Nate would probably get stopped similarly to how Michael Johnson did.

Nate has been out-grappled plenty of times before (admittedly when he was younger) and has poor take down defence. I doubt Khabib would have any trouble man-handling him and winning a lopsided decision. Nate is a much better match up for Ferguson though and if Tony is after more money, a Diaz fight may make more sense.

Getting a title shot in a new weight class with only a one fight winning streak to your name sure does sound ridiculous. It would be even more ridiculous if the current title holder at that weight hadn't just had the exact same treatment. ;)
Lol the key word was interim. If Aldo wants to go to 55 and win that undisputed title, im all for it. I wish he did it when pettis was champ, with hindsight he probably would have won and something like that could have made him a huge draw.

Having only gotten into mma this year I always find myself trying to convince people I'm not just one of the typical Conor McGregor band wagoners that are just starting to jump on board. Not saying I don't like Conor I think he highly entertaining. Cormier and jones rivalry is kinda what really caught my attention and made me start watching initially. I guess what I'm trying to say is it's hard to voice an opinion as a newer fan without people just thinking your a McGregor fan boy

Having only gotten into mma this year I always find myself trying to convince people I'm not just one of the typical Conor McGregor band wagoners that are just starting to jump on board. Not saying I don't like Conor I think he highly entertaining. Cormier and jones rivalry is kinda what really caught my attention and made me start watching initially. I guess what I'm trying to say is it's hard to voice an opinion as a newer fan without people just thinking your a McGregor fan boy
Not correct on newer posters and if Conor did bring you hear I wouldn't have a problem. What Many do dislike are flogs that say every other MMA fighter in history, especially some of the all time greats are just bums who deserve no credit. Mostly it's just to troll but you can also see their undying love for Conor. Posters on this board have strong opinions and will air them but don't look down on those who are new.

Fortunately we only have one who has lost complete touch with reality.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back