mistylake

Cancelled
10k Posts
Mar 21, 2014
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood, Canadiens, Maroons.
The Laws of Australian Football need to be overhauled with respect to enforcement by umpires. I think as many of the subjective and interpretive grey areas need to be scrubbed out of the rule book and replaced with objective things which give a good equivalent.

'Genuine attempt', 'did not reasonably', 'dangerous', 'under pressure/not under pressure' ... toss the lot of it. You can't expect a human being to meaningfully officiate a fast sport like this if they're expected to exercise the discretion of a judge in the space of one second.

This subjective rubbish is the root cause of 'rule of the week' and basically changing of the rules in the middle of the season.

I'll second that motion.
Why is it sooo obvious to most of us.
Yet dumb rule after another comes our way.

subaru

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts Bay 13: Flog of the Year
Nov 14, 2007
AFL Club
Adelaide
Ok, don't know where else to post this....

Does anyone else have a subliminal advertisement flash onto their screen (particularly reading bay13 threads).

I always see a flash of a bloody awful-looking greasy fried chicken nugget.

LOL. If anything it turns my stomach. I'm guessing it's supposed to make me rush out and buy some chicken nuggets. Well BF, cut it out.

I ain't never going to buy that crap.

Yes.
I've had that !

And ...and this is even weirder ...it started after I posted that OneGreatClubs avatar looked like

a big greasy chicken mcnugget!

Jun 7, 2011
Mount Gambier
AFL Club
Adelaide
Helps us & Sauce, as we rarely go 3rd man up.

I'm generally a traditionalist when it comes to rules, but I'm behind any rule which stops a midfielder giving away a free kick for taking the front position and denying another midfielder their run at the ruck contest when there's 2 7 foot giants jostling for position awaiting the umpire to throw the ball up.

May 24, 2006
Car 55
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Redbacks, Sturt, Liverpool, Arizona
Isn't Yarran that flog who tried to kill someone with a broken bottle
He sounds like a winner

I wonder if Fyfe pointed out what a douche he was? Shits me that flogs like this at least get a taste of AFL football whereas kids that live and breathe it and are conplete professionals like Zane Kirkwood or even Jonty Scharenberg don't.

Why? He was only in the system for a fleeting moment and all of his woes are self inflicted....
The AFLPA have a welfare role, regardless of the years a player is in the system.

It's actually more important for those who have a shorter playing career.

Sep 30, 2014
AFL Club
Adelaide
The AFLPA have a welfare role, regardless of the years a player is in the system.

It's actually more important for those who have a shorter playing career.
I agree in principle but this peanut was already a loose unit before he became an AFL player.

Terrible recruiting by Freo though. Their recruiting department should be sacked.

I agree in principle but this peanut was already a loose unit before he became an AFL player.

Terrible recruiting by Freo though. Their recruiting department should be sacked.
Agree Freo's recruiting is questionable, but that doesn't absolve AFLPA's welfare role.

Mar 21, 2016
Down South Corvus Tristis
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Sturt, White Sox
Ex-Carlton coach makes off the cuff remark about the Crows "stitching up" one of their players = full AFL investigation.

Recently retired Fremantle players makes accusation about massive drug problem at the club. Expect this to be swept aside.
You forgot the Bulldogs coach who said a player said something to his brother

Jul 9, 2013
AFL Club
Adelaide
He sounds like a winner

I wonder if Fyfe pointed out what a douche he was? Shits me that flogs like this at least get a taste of AFL football whereas kids that live and breathe it and are conplete professionals like Zane Kirkwood or even Jonty Scharenberg don't.
I still think Jonty gets a go, he just needs another 12 months to completely prove himself. Rookie selection next year if he has a good year. Picked up in the national draft if he tears it up and wins the Magarey medal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back