Religion Ask a Christian - Continued in Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have answered the question about science and faith a couple of times.

I and many others believe there is strong evidence for the resurrection of Jesus.

Of course you want to.....dare I say it.....'believe'.....but you have no basis for that belief other than a self-serving and subjective one.

There is nothing else with any substance that adds weight to that argument, but when we add the word 'believe' it somehow is supposed to add credibility to an argument. It used to. It just doesn't any more and nor will it as we move on through life.

again, look into the church mate

its more pro science than what you anticipate

some shady larrikinism going down too

Which church? Is there only one?

The Catholic church will twist and bend to popular opinions as otherwise it will become redundant.

Watch them marrying gay couples in the not too distant future. They're a fraud and the gig is almost up.

Of course you want to.....dare I say it.....'believe'.....but you have no basis for that belief other than a self-serving and subjective one.

There is nothing else with any substance that adds weight to that argument, but when we add the word 'believe' it somehow is supposed to add credibility to an argument. It used to. It just doesn't any more and nor will it as we move on through life.
I believe there is basis for that view and so do many others but I definitely accept that you Disagree.

Which church?

the one that is a country, has heaps of gold and owns the earths largest telescope that just happens to be named Lucifer (lol)

large_binocular_telescope-500x330.jpg

Is there only one?

The Catholic church will twist and bend to popular opinions as otherwise it will become redundant.

Watch them marrying gay couples in the not too distant future. They're a fraud and the gig is almost up.

there are heaps mate,

the catholic church are the ones that say what the popular opinions are

meet you @ the history subforum

gay marriage is unimportant (sorry, anyone offended) and a nothing issue in the grand scheme of things.

Mikey...that word keeps propping up.

Why simple 'believe'? So what if it's tougher not believing?

You sought out God because you needed him. Even a bad truth is better than a good lie.
I never said I sort God cause I needed him. I was and am interested in the truth.

the one that is a country, has heaps of gold and owns the earths largest telescope that just happens to be named Lucifer (lol)

large_binocular_telescope-500x330.jpg

there are heaps mate,

the catholic church are the ones that say what the popular opinions are

meet you @ the history subforum

gay marriage is unimportant (sorry, anyone offended) and a nothing issue

You trust the Catholic church with the reputation it has garnered over all these years........because it has a telescope?

Your prerogative I guess, but they're not on the top of my good guy list.
All that gold whilst allowing gods children to die across the world after fleecing their own followers. Sounds like a good one to me.

You trust the Catholic church with the reputation it has garnered over all these years........because it has a telescope?

i think you miss-understand my position of such matters ;)

the earth is 5000 years old or whatever is very much a minority of christians-dudes i beleive, you had might as well bait the OP on Mormons being a bit weird and germanish or 'flat earthers' in Zion, Idaho, america

as it doesnt reflect much of the total 100%

furthermore the catholic church that is a more powerful body than most, are very much invested in education, science, darwin-theories of evolution, finding aliens, fake picture from space and all that rubbish

Your prerogative I guess, but they're not on the top of my good guy list.
All that gold whilst allowing gods children to die across the world after fleecing their own followers. Sounds like a good one to me.

can i see your list? :thumbsu:

i think you miss-understand my position of such matters ;)

the earth is 5000 years old or whatever is very much a minority of christians-dudes i beleive, you had might as well bait the OP on Mormons being a bit weird and germanish or 'flat earthers' in Zion, Idaho, america

can i see your list? :thumbsu:

To be honest, I came here to ask questions of someone who requested questions being asked of him.

Anything further should be taken up in more appropriate threads before we make mikey redundant in his own thread. :)

To be honest, I came here to ask questions of someone who requested questions being asked of him.

Anything further should be taken up in more appropriate threads before we make mikey redundant in his own thread. :)

fair enough i will leave you to it

ill just conclude

turned your back on science and chose a primitive cult.

does not reflect , i reckon, the reality maybe mike can clarify

when you say "hey're not on the top of my good guy list." on such matter it is a bit tantalizing somewhat given the situation around us, such an elusive list

I have some questions too Mr. Mikey!

1. Biblical infallibility. Yes or no?

2. Do you feel guilty after having a wank?

I... believe marriage is between a man and a woman but what I would say about the whole debate is the irony is that it is a debate about lve and neither side is being loving towards the otherside. My aittude is we disagree but we love you.
a. If you love someone, why would you persecute them?
b. Have you ever in your entire life heard a LGBTQI person say that men and women shouldn't be allowed to marry? And if not, how can you say: "neither side is being loving towards the otherside(sic)" when it's literally only heterosexuals who are complaining about same-sex marriage?

Early in the morning, as Jesus was on his way back to the city, he was hungry. Seeing a fig tree by the road, he went up to it but found nothing on it except leaves. Then he said to it, “May you never bear fruit again!” Immediately the tree withered.
I said the same thing to an ex after she had an abortion. Immediately, she withered.

Am I Jesus, or am I a prick? Why would the Son of God tell a fruit tree that it should never bear fruit? What the * was the fig tree supposed to do afterwards? Couldn't Jesus just create a fig out of thin air, or does that only work with dough and crustacean?

5. Have you ever read the bible and thought to yourself: "Ok, this is getting a bit weird now..."?
a. If so, at which point?
b. If not, how did you feel about the bible advocating slavery, offering stoning your own children to death as a reasonable punishment for being a "glutton", never trimming your beard, or abstaining from bacon?

6. I just realised my priest doesn't have a beard, is he a sinner? Should I stone him?

7. Re: taxing churches
Because of the crucial role they play in terms of welfare etc.
So how about we put the "welfare etc." in a separate column the gold chair the Pope reclines on in another? Is that a reasonable idea?

I didn't come to faith overnight and searched for a lot of answers to a lot of questions.
What were the questions, and would you mind telling me the answers as well? I need all the help I can get.

Thanks Mikey!

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

fair enough i will leave you to it

ill just conclude

turned your back on science and chose a primitive cult.

does not reflect , i reckon, the reality maybe mike can clarify

when you say "hey're not on the top of my good guy list." on such matter it is a bit tantalizing somewhat given the situation around us, such an elusive list

Religions aren't your friend.
Individuals may be but religions are insidious by nature and false by their actions.

The resurrection of Jesus.
There is no historical evidence that jesus of nazareth even existed,little own rose from the dead 3 days after having been crucified,presumably because humanity was no good.
Considering that he was the son of god,or being god himself,given we were created in his image,would that not make him therefore,imperfect?
So if he created us imperfect,why come here to punish yourself for your own imperfection?
Is this the same reason he allows children to die of hideous diseases and abuses from his creations?

And you've tried em all, i'm guessing.:rolleyes:

Why leave out the rest of my quote?

I haven't 'tried' them all, as much as I haven't tried murder or rape or paedohilpia............in order to know them to be misleading at best.
I know, I know: How dare I put those traits into the same sentence when speaking religion?

Unfortunately some of those said traits are quite intertwined with some said religions. Religion is not your friend.

Which church? Is there only one?

No and thats what will make it strong

That's the stuff of minor religions. Look at the Church of England. Disintegrating while it adopts flavour of the month Northcote style fly by night 20 cent thinking

Thread should be retitled to "Attack a christian".

if he created us imperfect,why come here to punish yourself for your own imperfection?
This really is the crux of the matter, isn't it?

If God didn't want me to covet my neighbour's wife, then why did he make her hot af and give me an outrageous boner every morning?

Why should I suffer an eternity of damnation because of a design flaw?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back