news The General MMA & Combat Sports Discussion Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Not correct on newer posters and if Conor did bring you hear I wouldn't have a problem. What Many do dislike are flogs that say every other MMA fighter in history, especially some of the all time greats are just bums who deserve no credit. Mostly it's just to troll but you can also see their undying love for Conor. Posters on this board have strong opinions and will air them but don't look down on those who are new.

Fortunately we only have one who has lost complete touch with reality.
You're such a crack up Crimson.

Always getting your panties in a bunch because you backed the wrong horse.

Anyway. How about Rousey not doing any media for 207.

Its been over a year and she is STILL ducking critics and sulking.

Interesting that the UFC have allowed this after pulling Conor off of 200 for the same thing.

Rousey is truly their little princess. Her head isnt in it and i predict Nunes will destroy her because of it.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

You're such a crack up Crimson.

Always getting your panties in a bunch because you backed the wrong horse.
I don't bet, especially on horse racing.

Merry christmas hater ;)

I your post before this, You just had a red hot crack at the fighter that from a media standpoint, allowed Conor to enjoy the life he has at the moment :)

What do u mean?
I think he meant the he called me a hater but FBI's the one having a crack at Ronda for doing what his lover boy couldn't get away with.

I think he meant the he called me a hater but FBI's the one having a crack at Ronda for doing what his lover boy couldn't get away with.
Ah k, the way i interpreted it was the only reason Conor is as famous and has the media profile he has, is because Ronda paved the way.

I was thinking surely not.

Last edited:
Ah k, the way i interpreted it was the only reason Conor is as famous and has the media profile he has, is because Ronda paved the way.

I was thinking surely not.

Going to claim Christmas hangover with the grammar :D

No, just pointing out the irony in the vigour of which a lot apply their angst towards Ronda but not Conor. They're both equally the golden kids of the UFC. (Still fans of both of them despite the over reliance the UFC has of them of their own (UFC's) doing)

Conor getting pulled from 200 wasn't exactly a 'punishment' and while I'm disappointed Ronda hasn't faced the media, don't think we're missing much with the same repeated questions the UFC media tend to give.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Going to claim Christmas hangover with the grammar :D

No, just pointing out the irony in the vigour of which a lot apply their angst towards Ronda but not Conor. They're both equally the golden kids of the UFC. (Still fans of both of them despite the over reliance the UFC has of them of their own (UFC's) doing)

Conor getting pulled from 200 wasn't exactly a 'punishment' and while I'm disappointed Ronda hasn't faced the media, don't think we're missing much with the same repeated questions the UFC media tend to give.

I'm not "applying agnst" to Rhonda. I just thought it was interesting and another example of the UFC hypocrisy we all know and experience.

On a sepparate but related note.

Is anyone a Rhonda fan these days? The way she handled the loss really turned me off her.

I can't say I'm that disappointed that this is the end for Goldberg. He has a good voice, and I know he's only "play by play" guy - but you'd like your main voice to have learned a little something about the sport in nearly 20 years.

Yeah the McGregor/Rousey media stuff is a bit hypocritical by the UFC.

I'm not fussed, her not talking probably adds more intrigue in the fight.

It's not at all hypocritical if Rousey got an agreement that she wouldn't have to do media, public workouts etc when she signed the fight. Because that wasn't the case with McGregor - he decided he didn't need/want to do the media stuff after he'd agreed a deal for 200.

And that's the other key point. With a McGregor fight his pre-fight hype is a bit part of the schtick, and a big part of what sells the fight. That isn't, and has never really been the case with Rousey (sans maybe here in Melbourne) - in fact, if she spoke "poutily", if she gave any impression of lingering depression/shellshock/apathy from the Holm loss, it would probably cost them buys.

It's probably the best for all involved - including Nunes who got the floor to herself in the build up to the fight - that Rousey didn't do media.

It's not at all hypocritical if Rousey got an agreement that she wouldn't have to do media, public workouts etc when she signed the fight. Because that wasn't the case with McGregor - he decided he didn't need/want to do the media stuff after he'd agreed a deal for 200.

It was one press conference.

It was one press conference.

It still doesn't change anything that I posted - with McGregor it's a key element of building and selling the fight, and he presumably agreed to do it when he agreed to fight. Rousey presumably didn't agree to do it when agreeing to fight, and it's nowhere near as important for Rousey to talk before the fight to sell it as it is with McGregor.

It still doesn't change anything that I posted - with McGregor it's a key element of building and selling the fight, and he presumably agreed to do it when he agreed to fight. Rousey presumably didn't agree to do it when agreeing to fight, and it's nowhere near as important for Rousey to talk before the fight to sell it as it is with McGregor.

Everything he does/doesn't do...say/doesn't say sells. He shows up to presser, shows up late, doesn't show up at all....it all sells. The only thing the UFC is concerned about is the perception that Conor controls them.

Taking him off the card was their way of showing everyone who's boss and allows 205 to be an even bigger/historic card with Conor on it.

Everything he does/doesn't do...say/doesn't say sells. He shows up to presser, shows up late, doesn't show up at all....it all sells. The only thing the UFC is concerned about is the perception that Conor controls them.

Taking him off the card was their way of showing everyone who's boss and allows 205 to be an even bigger/historic card with Conor on it.

Yeah... that's probably a fair call actually, I don't really disagree with any of that (except it was 202 that they rescheduled the Diaz fight for.)

Dana was ok at the media scrum, and naturally they asked the same question 10 times over with Ronda not doing a presser.

Still maintain that Luke Thomas bloke is a miserable prick, hates mostly everything about the sport and would rather be a needling prick then ask hard hitting questions.

Think Goldberg was probably looking to move on by the sounds of things, and with WME on board they haven't wanted him and made the decision quicker.

Goldberg and Rogan have been great for the sport, but it's outgrown them now. Will be good when guys like Anik, Stann and Hardy get regular PPV gigs....hopefully.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back