Shane Yarran in trouble

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is just further reason why Freo should have never drafted Yarran and then having made that mistake, should have cleaned it up and cut ties with him in June last year. It is because of Yarran's history plus the extra fuel of the latest charges that we are even talking about this. That is, if a similar Facebook post came out from Pav, everybody would be ignoring it, immediately writing it off as fake and giving it no attention at all ... but the fact that some people can even consider that it was Yarran clearly shows how easy a player with poor history and character can bring trouble to a football club.

Personally, I very much doubt he wrote it, but how will we ever know the real truth? Without a considerable number of witnesses coming forward, we are not able to just take Yarran's word and I'm quite sure Freo (and Yarran) will just want the whole incident to just go away.

Just like all the other bad Fyfe media ... this is totally unsubstantiated crud ... yet it will still add fuel to the whole story of Fyfe and his poor relationship with other Freo players. Open your eyes and look for motives. There is no benefit to any Freo current or ex to publicly bag Fyfe. So who does benefit by bagging Fyfe ... the media, especially WA media, West Coast Fans and other teams trying to cause unrest with Freo and Fyfe.

Media and speculation about Fyfe was always going to happen right up until his contract is resolved, just as it did with Dangerfield and Neale.

Bennel will be a media target because he does have previous reports about his behavior, but mainly because he is one of the most talented players in the AFL; there is a story being told every time he turns around.

Yarran has prior conviction for a violent crime, and demonstrated precocious talent during the wafl grand final. Getting on an AFL list is definitely news worthy. Really love to read one day about how he turned himself around and how his time at Freo helped him do that.

I love this stuff. Real life dramas.

Last edited:
Sometime you can enjoy a good movie without believing the story.

I don't really enjoy real life drama , because I believe what go around come around . one day is your turn people enjoy your life drama.

The club is definitely being persecuted, but some of this is self inflicted.This state has a history of Freo bashing, and Ross Lyon doesnt do himself any
favours with the media, AFL in general.
The Saints had plenty of off field issues, and even though Ross reckons he is not seduced by talent, winning at any cost comes with a price, just look at
West coast.
We need to rise above it all, learn from the past, and stop the internal bleeding, a few feel good stories wouldnt go astray.

Let's hope few of the rookie listed players perform above expectations to cover his lost ( talent only )

The club is definitely being persecuted, but some of this is self inflicted.This state has a history of Freo bashing, and Ross Lyon doesnt do himself any
The Saints had plenty of off field issues, and even though Ross reckons he is not seduced by talent, winning at any cost comes with a price, just look at
West coast.
We need to rise above it all, learn from the past, and stop the internal bleeding, a few feel good stories wouldnt go astray.
Lyon doesn't give the media much because they are a pack of campaigners. And why should he? They are seduced by the dark side of West Coast with all their bum fluff stories and the media largely ignore the Kerr, Cousin, Chick, Hunter etc etc issues and magnify everything anti Freo

I know it's off season but this thread is becoming boring. Shane Yarran is now in the "Shane Who" basket which is next to the "Josh Who", "Jayden Who" baskets. We will never know their worth so no need to keep wondering. Time to move on.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

West coast.

The Saints had a question mark over their culture for a long time before Ross came along and they continued to well after he left. Some of the staff changes such as getting rid of Rod Butters changed that.

I still think we should keep taking punts on talented but troubled players with the view that perhaps they are on the edge of wanting to change their lives for the better. For every idiot kidding himself like Yarran, we also get a Walters. So it *s up every now and then but I like that we're willing to have a look and I think our club culture can take the blows. At least for now.

I still think we should keep taking punts on talented but troubled players with the view that perhaps they are on the edge of wanting to change their lives for the better. For every idiot kidding himself like Yarran, we also get a Walters.

We've had a Yarran and a Simpson now vs 1 Walters so your calculation is a bit off.

Plus I think you are overstating Walters' issues. It wasn't like he had off-field issues or was in legal trouble. He turned up at pre-season slightly above the skinfold threshold and was sent back to do some running and given a stricter diet program. That's it.

Literally the knock on Walters was that he kept sneaking in kebabs and pies when away from the club. Hardly the end of the world.

Last edited:
I know it's off season but this thread is becoming boring. Shane Yarran is now in the "Shane Who" basket which is next to the "Josh Who", "Jayden Who" baskets. We will never know their worth so no need to keep wondering. Time to move on.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Little bit rough on Jayden Who to mention him in the same sentence as Josh Who and Shane Who...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We've had a Yarran and a Simpson now vs 1 Walters so your calculation is a bit off.

Plus I think you are overstating Walters' issues. It wasn't like he had off-field issues or was in legal trouble. He turned up at pre-season slightly above the skinfold threshold and was sent back to do some running and given a stricter diet program. That's it.

Literally the knock on Walters was that he kept sneaking in kebabs and pies when away from the club. Hardly the end of the world.
Sonny had to drop out of of his social circle to turn it around, it wasn't just because he was a fatty. He's said as much himself. There was an incident a few years back where he was hanging out with his mates at Burswood and a few of them were arrested for causing trouble, IIRC.

Yarran is in his own league in terms of trouble. I still don't think we should shy away from giving players of his calibre a chance but I doubt we will go down the track of taking a punt on a player with his volatility again.

People forget your failures if you win premierships. See Hawthorn with Dayle Garlett or Mitch Thorp. Both peanuts, never made it, and in the long run it cost Hawthorn little.

You have accept these losses as part of the process of football. It's the perceived 'safer' picks failing to produce that hurts more. What would we give for Suban, Clarke, Crozier, or Sheridan to perform something close to what their longevity in football demands?

Yarran 'failing' doesn't hurt that much - he was a mature age fourth round pick that played a handful of decent games in a struggling side. That rings too much like a Drum-era hope, but in a professional side that aims higher he was most likely destined to be nothing special.

This has been very interesting But really not that funny. My first instinct was that he wrote it off his face. If he didn't well that's a shame too but if it was a fake status, someone has clearly taken the time to try make it not just funny but quite realistic. It's a little stain on our club now and shamefully our strong aboriginal culture. But if he/ they didn't say dog and misspell everything it could have actually been damaging. Anyway I'm sure Fyfes missus can confirm he's not a virgin lol

This has been very interesting But really not that funny. My first instinct was that he wrote it off his face. If he didn't well that's a shame too but if it was a fake status, someone has clearly taken the time to try make it not just funny but quite realistic. It's a little stain on our club now and shamefully our strong aboriginal culture. But if he/ they didn't say dog and misspell everything it could have actually been damaging. Anyway I'm sure Fyfes missus can confirm he's not a virgin lol

Virgin wasn't meant to be taken literally.

It was intended to take a dig at him for been bad with the ladies. Perhaps there is truth as he didn't have a girl for brownlow night.

Virgin wasn't meant to be taken literally.

It was intended to take a dig at him for been bad with the ladies. Perhaps there is truth as he didn't have a girl for brownlow night.

Not sure what the virgin dog means.

Young guy who has money, famous and good looks can't get a woman. That seems bs to me.

At the Brownlow, he seemed pretty funny and witty.

Seems like he would be pushing away the girls with a stick.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back