BF Awards The 2016 Unofficial Preview of the Year - In Memory of the Melbourne Bandwagon, Rd1-Rd22, 2016

Who wins?

And thus we have two. Two magnificent previews, worthy of POTY accolades on the Bay.

The first told a magnificent story, of a raid on the Bathwater drinkers of Footscray. The strange appearance of Troy Pannell was...expected under the circumstances.

The latter featured two magnificent illustrations, and the story of Noir Melbourne created a world of darkness and despair, only spared by a giant Max Gawn.

So...who will win?

Drumroll, please...

Proper Gander - Round 12 v Collingwood.

A tale of darkness, destinations and crime, the noir thriller saw a giant Max, an attempt to lure a hero and jokes at Howe's expense.

Thank you to Proper Gander and Benwah83 for your previews. And thanks to everyone who submitted this year!

Proper Gander - Round 12 v Collingwood.

A tale of darkness, destinations and crime, the noir thriller saw a giant Max, an attempt to lure a hero and jokes at Howe's expense.

Thank you to Proper Gander and Benwah83 for your previews. And thanks to everyone who submitted this year!
Congratulations to Proper Gander, well done. commiserations to Benwah, both would have been worthy winners, both previews were of the highest quality and it is a pity there could be only one winner. Well done to everyone. the previews made for excellent reading over the course of the year.

Feb 15, 2015
South Yarra
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Mt Buller Demons
Wow. Thanks all. Unofficial previews are a lot of fun. I enjoyed reading all of them. Thanks Striker475 for coordinating the year of previews, and I think the mystical bandwagon really brought something this year. I don't think any other board has anything quite like our previews which is more solid evidence about why we are awesome and everyone else ordinary. Congrats to all the other finalists. I think you should all get something for your efforts (money would be my first choice).

And thanks to Jack Watts for genuinely elevating yourself to plausible hero status in 2016. I expect even more awesomeness next year.

Feb 15, 2015
South Yarra
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Mt Buller Demons
All badges including POTY UPOTY RS Trident are on the way.
Does Topkent wear 2 POTYs or does he swap his current POTY for a replacement POTY? If the second, will he be able to distinguish between them? How does he know he's not just getting lumbered with a used POTY?

Actually, why am I pursuing this?

Does Topkent wear 2 POTYs or does he swap his current POTY for a replacement POTY? If the second, will he be able to distinguish between them? How does he know he's not just getting lumbered with a used POTY?

Actually, why am I pursuing this?
All valid questions PG.

Admin originally wanted this to be a badge the winner would hold for the year and it would then be relinquished and given in to the next winner and so is on.

As a result it doesn't contain the yr (unlike say a UP badge) although if you tap/click it you can view the details on the BF awards page.

Anyway, there was significant feedback that posters keep the badge in perpetuity like other badges. Admin then decided that they would shrink the badge on prior winners (see Tulip for example) and have full size on current winners.

As for Topkent I assume he'll have both and each will redirect to appropriate year.

astrodee

Team Captain
Jan 26, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Aston Villa. Melbourne renegades
For aged lazy lurkers like me who didn't read any of the previews (mea culpa) could the winning entry (and runner up) be posted on this thread please.
I can then, on the basis of their undoubted excellence, justify spending some of the minutes left to me on this mortal coil reading next year's missives.
Thank you

astrodee

Team Captain
Jan 26, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Aston Villa. Melbourne renegades
For aged lazy lurkers like me who didn't read any of the previews (mea culpa) could the winning entry (and runner up) be posted on this thread please.
I can then, on the basis of their undoubted excellence, justify spending some of the minutes left to me on this mortal coil reading next year's missives.
Thank you
Assuming, of course, that i survive the preseason.

Thank you

All five links are in the opening post astro :)

Feb 15, 2015
South Yarra
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Mt Buller Demons
Proper Gander looks like you have your UP badge now. :thumbsu:
Looking good. I just need some more badges for sponsoring Collingwood hacks and assorted spuds. I like the trident badge. Looks cool, but you have to do something worthy to earn it so I guess I'll just admire from a distance.

Back