2nds 2017 - Peel Thunder

Apr 16, 2014
AFL Club
Fremantle
upload_2016-12-20_15-16-9.png

The fixture is out and being the reigning premiers has its benefits. We have 4 televised matches between Round 1 & round 16. The later rounds will depend on which teams are in form. We are in the season opener against East Perth at Medibank Stadium.

- After all the uproar with us fielding so many Freo players not much really changed. During WAFL finals Peel/EP can only field a maximum of 15 AFL listed players. The 5 game minimum remaining in place.

Games in red are televised.

upload_2016-12-20_15-45-15.png

Will be interesting to see the lineup come round 1. Would love to see Balic and Logue as our onballers.

meima

Cancelled
10k Posts
Jun 5, 2015
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Liverpool
As much I like to see freo boy front up for peel, I also interested who is the local new peel boy who step up .

Eg milward , t.bennell,hora if he still with peel .

meima

Cancelled
10k Posts
Jun 5, 2015
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Liverpool
Bump this up !

Is it possible to play
Balic, grey and deluca inside mid all at once for peel ?

Contender for sandover medal?
D.Pearce , suban ?

Scham

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 19, 2004
AFL Club
Fremantle
Bump this up !

Is it possible to play
Balic, grey and deluca inside mid all at once for peel ?

Contender for sandover medal?
D.Pearce , suban ?

With no Suban or MDB I'd say yes, easily. Is OBrien playing in 2017?

The bigger question is whether they can play Collins, Dawson, Apeness, Strndica, Darcy, Griff, Cox and possibly Tabs all in the same side?

meima

Cancelled
10k Posts
Jun 5, 2015
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Liverpool
With no Suban or MDB I'd say yes, easily. Is OBrien playing in 2017?

The bigger question is whether they can play Collins, Dawson, Apeness, Strndica, Darcy, Griff, Cox and possibly Tabs all in the same side?
I think if freo really serious about rebuild for the future don't see the benefit to play Dawson and Griff with peel full time. If both train well should be up for freo selection .

I will definitely put Darcy as first ruck for peel as a lot of people think he is too good for reserve . strnadica will be playing the position left by tanner Smith .

Gu- replace by grey
Deboer- balic
C.Pearce - deluca
Silva- Dawson
Boostma - cox

Griff ,Dawson , MJ all should not be consider for peel if the young players perform.

Demons09

Premiership Player
Jan 12, 2009
rockingham
AFL Club
Fremantle
I think if freo really serious about rebuild for the future don't see the benefit to play Dawson and Griff with peel full time. If both train well should be up for freo selection .

I will definitely put Darcy as first ruck for peel as a lot of people think he is too good for reserve . strnadica will be playing the position left by tanner Smith .

Gu- replace by grey
Deboer- balic
C.Pearce - deluca
Silva- Dawson
Boostma - cox

Griff ,Dawson , MJ all should not be consider for peel if the young players perform.

I would of thought if Freo are looking forward Dawson and Griff will be playing for Peel not the other way round.

meima

Cancelled
10k Posts
Jun 5, 2015
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Liverpool
I would of thought if Freo are looking forward Dawson and Griff will be playing for Peel not the other way round.
If there is a plan not to renew their contract end of 2017 , what the point giving game time to them with peel and hidden youngster the chance/ to develop to play in wafl. 2016 season is a one off with deboer , Barlow , c.Pearce and GU , silvagni all around.

Demons09

Premiership Player
Jan 12, 2009
rockingham
AFL Club
Fremantle
If there is a plan not to renew their contract end of 2017 , what the point giving game time to them with peel and hidden youngster the chance/ to develop to play in wafl. 2016 season is a one off with deboer , Barlow , c.Pearce and GU , silvagni all around.

Because Peel isn't there to develop Peel youngsters, Peel is there to keep Freo players not playing in the senior side together .

meima

Cancelled
10k Posts
Jun 5, 2015
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Liverpool
Because Peel isn't there to develop Peel youngsters, Peel is there to keep Freo players not playing in the senior side together .
nothing wrong with your opinion I will agree with you as long peel keep winning flag and perth keep losing matches.

meima

Cancelled
10k Posts
Jun 5, 2015
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Liverpool
Why mention Perth this is a Peel thread, I'm just amused how you think that Freo continuing with its rebuildi has Dawson and Griff in the line up.
I accept your opinion. Sorry for mentioning Perth .

Sailor

Team Captain
Feb 13, 2005
perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
South Fremantle, Man U
Freo have a few loyal, long serving players who may or may not have passed their prime. That doesn't mean they don't have a lot to contribute to the club. I cannot understand why so many "supporters" have to be so critical and make derogatory comments. If our young players are to develop in the way that we would like they will rely on the leadership and experience of their team mates playing for Peel. I hope that Peel win the next premiership, one of our players wins the Sandover medal and this time next year we are talking about the promise of our new crop of hopefuls - not putting down our own players. Let's face it, anyone who can get an AFL game is an elite footballer, they deserve to be regarded as such.
Happy new year all.

M_rash

Club Legend
Jan 20, 2016
AFL Club
Fremantle
You're not alone there, what meima just said........well only meima would say something like that.

117190.jpg
I think what #meima is eluding to (and I'm probably wrong, but it's a good point anyway) is if the kids aren't quite ready for AFL, you'ld play them at Peel until they are ready. This may mean playing older blokes in AFL regardless of form if there's no young kid ready - kids still gotta earn their AFL experience so to speak.

Alternatively, you feed them to the wolves and hope they swim :drunk:

Superkoops

Norm Smith Medallist
May 7, 2009
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
There will be injuries and I'm happy to be be pleasantly surprised but I expect strnadica, darcy, cox and dumin to start in the reserves. Although either of strnadica or darcy may be fast tracked to league to cover absence of Zarke.

My understanding is that Apeness and Griffin are good to go soon in the new year. Let's hope that proves to be the case.

meima

Cancelled
10k Posts
Jun 5, 2015
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Liverpool
I think what #meima is eluding to (and I'm probably wrong, but it's a good point anyway) is if the kids aren't quite ready for AFL, you'ld play them at Peel until they are ready. This may mean playing older blokes in AFL regardless of form if there's no young kid ready - kids still gotta earn their AFL experience so to speak.

Alternatively, you feed them to the wolves and hope they swim :drunk:
Kind of what I mean , I think is more beneficial if Dawson and Griff playing regularly with peel , some young players playing in the reserve league . is better for some of them

eg big Darcy put what he learn from training ( from Sandi , Clarke and Griff against wafl opponent week in week out ) .

Sometime players wont learn much if experience player do all the work for them . eg south Fremantle got mason shaw as forward , will be more beneficial for a young players to take him on then Dawson .

Last edited:

mike91

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 13, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Fremantle
Kind of what I mean , I think is more beneficial if Dawson and Griff playing regularly with peel , some young players playing in the reserve league . is better for some of them eg big Darcy put what he learn from training ( from Sandi , Clarke and Griff against wafl opponent week in week out ) .
I think I kinda get what you mean now. Personally, I'd rather not see any freo player playing for Peel Reserves.

meima

Cancelled
10k Posts
Jun 5, 2015
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Liverpool
I think I kinda get what you mean now. Personally, I'd rather not see any freo player playing for Peel Reserves.
I can understand your reluctant to play them in reserve.

I put it in another scenario.

If peel senior and reserve make it to final series and freo can only field limited players for senior peel, I don't think freo young players who miss out will mind playing for peel reserve assault to GF . My intention is hoping younger players to play as much match as possible, also will push some of them to be leader as they train professionally as compare to local reserve peel boy .

Dawson , griff experience pass on to freo young players .

Freo young players experience and knowledge pass on to some peel young hopeful draftee.( some colt players that is good to play reserve or senior earlier)

Last edited:

estibador

purple haze
Mar 2, 2007
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Liverpool, Cowboys, Packers, Scorchers
If peel senior and reserve make it to final series and freo can only field limited players for senior peel, I don't think freo young players who miss out will mind playing for peel reserve assault to GF .

I doubt Peel reserves will be playing finals. That's one of the drawbacks of the alignment - the club lacks depth because a lot of decent WAFL players don't want to hang around.

meima

Cancelled
10k Posts
Jun 5, 2015
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Liverpool
I doubt Peel reserves will be playing finals. That's one of the drawbacks of the alignment - the club lacks depth because a lot of decent WAFL players don't want to hang around.
Fair enough , I think that the alignment will not benefit both club long term if that is the case. Peel won the flag first time last year , if the reserve and the colt do make the final series this year , then it will prove that the alligment always strike to improve .

I rather see sean Darcy and strnadica improve in their actual position in reserve league then play out of position in senior to accompanied griffin and Clarke . these two got a lot of game experience ( afl and wafl) and body size , if you are peel coach, strategy wise will always prefer to win then development freo young kids ( play them out of position).

Last edited:
Back