Mega Thread News of the Day / Interesting Articles & Links

Remove this Banner Ad

Do a little research on the white flight in both South Africa and Zimbabwe and you'll learn. White farmers in both countries have been targeted by civilians, and in Zimbabwe's case, the government too.
You dont give a s**t about the farmers. You made it pretty clear its a race issue for you.

Did you see his last one? Started off about the plight of farmers in SA and how we don't hear about it in aus.
Then became that it isnt reported in SA either, and isnt given historical reference each time either.
Then it ended up with him having only posted it, because he thought it was black on white crime. And he assumed that because a crime was committed that it was blacks.

Cant believe it. The most openly racist person ive ever been engaged with.

Probably time to move him on.

Again.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...e-dead-prison-half-way-12-month-sentence.html

Kevin Crehan, 35, was halfway through a one-year prison sentence he received in July after admitting the racially-motivated attack on the Jamia Mosque in Bristol earlier this year.

This isn't an attack on Islam, as I'd be equally perplexed if it was regarding any other religion, but really? A year in jail for leaving a bacon sandwich in front of a mosque and it's classed as a 'racist attack'. I also understand that this wasn't in Australia, but we have people guilty of assault that face less punishment.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...e-dead-prison-half-way-12-month-sentence.html

This isn't an attack on Islam, as I'd be equally perplexed if it was regarding any other religion, but really? A year in jail for leaving a bacon sandwich in front of a mosque and it's classed as a 'racist attack'. I also understand that this wasn't in Australia, but we have people guilty of assault that face less punishment.

What does it say in the article about what they actually did?

What does it say in the article about what they actually did?
Had a flag saying 'no mosques' and put bacon sandwiches out the front from memory.

Do you think they should've spent time in prison?

I'd feel the same dismay if it was directed at Christians, Jews, Hindus, Buddhists, Jainists, Taoists, Sikhs, Zoroastrians (I'm out of religions).

Perhaps something like community service would be better than more tax payers money on something like this. Admittedly, maybe they have a history considering the surprisingly harsh sentences.

Had a flag saying 'no mosques' and put bacon sandwiches out the front from memory.

Do you think they should've spent time in prison?

I'd feel the same dismay if it was directed at Christians, Jews, Hindus, Buddhists, Jainists, Taoists, Sikhs, Zoroastrians (I'm out of religions).

Perhaps something like community service would be better than more tax payers money on something like this. Admittedly, maybe they have a history considering the surprisingly harsh sentences.

And put ham on the door knobs etc.

Not political, just racially motivated vandalism.

Two years is rough though.

Mark Bennett, 48, claimed he was not a racist and did not take bacon to the mosque in Green Street on January 17, 2016, intending to cause offence.

Instead, he said, he was trying to raise awareness about the plight of British armed forces veterans and homeless people who he felt deserved more attention.​

But the two men involved denied being racists, said there was no bacon thrown, and they did not hear any racial abuse. They claimed their protest was peaceful. Crehan said it was an attempt to get Muslims to “integrate”. “I grew up in Totterdown and I have got many, many Muslim friends,” he said.

Bennett drew a parallel with charitable activities.

In my own time I go to the city centre and take coffee and bacon sandwiches to people who live on the streets,” he said.

Judge Julian Lambert asked Bennett if he expected people at the mosque to eat his bacon sandwiches and be grateful for them.

“Possibly,” Bennett replied.​

The barrister for the prosecution, Ian Fenney, asked Bennett: “Did you expect people to eat raw bacon?

No,” said Bennett. “Where was the bacon going to be cooked?” asked Mr Fenney.

It possibly could have been cooked in the mosque. I wouldn’t know, would I?” said Bennett.​

Just a peaceful protest by throwing raw bacon sandwiches at them. In case they were hungry.
These guys must post on bigfooty!

It is not Crehan’s first brush with the law, which has included assaulting a police officer.

In 2010 he was sentenced to seven months in prison for breaching a three year football banning order.

At the time Bristol Crown Court heard the then 28-year-old was caught with a sawn-off pool cue down his trousers.​

Sounds like its football hooligans who can no longer partake in anti social behaviour with soccer, so now they are pretending to be patriots.

How was he back out on the streets after assaulting a police officer?

Bennett was presented with several Facebook pages, posted in April 2016, in the name Marc Bennet, which contained offensive statements about Muslims and references to a recent attack on a mosque.

Bennett said the pages were not his and suggested they had been created to frame him by left-wing activists.

Mark Bennett, 48, claimed he was not a racist and did not take bacon to the mosque in Green Street on January 17, 2016, intending to cause offence.

Instead, he said, he was trying to raise awareness about the plight of British armed forces veterans and homeless people who he felt deserved more attention.​

But the two men involved denied being racists, said there was no bacon thrown, and they did not hear any racial abuse. They claimed their protest was peaceful. Crehan said it was an attempt to get Muslims to “integrate”. “I grew up in Totterdown and I have got many, many Muslim friends,” he said.

Bennett drew a parallel with charitable activities.

In my own time I go to the city centre and take coffee and bacon sandwiches to people who live on the streets,” he said.

Judge Julian Lambert asked Bennett if he expected people at the mosque to eat his bacon sandwiches and be grateful for them.

“Possibly,” Bennett replied.​

The barrister for the prosecution, Ian Fenney, asked Bennett: “Did you expect people to eat raw bacon?

No,” said Bennett. “Where was the bacon going to be cooked?” asked Mr Fenney.

It possibly could have been cooked in the mosque. I wouldn’t know, would I?” said Bennett.​

Just a peaceful protest by throwing raw bacon sandwiches at them. In case they were hungry.
These guys must post on bigfooty!

It is not Crehan’s first brush with the law, which has included assaulting a police officer.

In 2010 he was sentenced to seven months in prison for breaching a three year football banning order.

At the time Bristol Crown Court heard the then 28-year-old was caught with a sawn-off pool cue down his trousers.​

Sounds like its football hooligans who can no longer partake in anti social behaviour with soccer, so now they are pretending to be patriots.

How was he back out on the streets after assaulting a police officer?

Bennett was presented with several Facebook pages, posted in April 2016, in the name Marc Bennet, which contained offensive statements about Muslims and references to a recent attack on a mosque.

Bennett said the pages were not his and suggested they had been created to frame him by left-wing activists.
So my earlier assumption that he must've had priors turned out to be correct. I'm not entirely surprised because a year was a long time for a one-off offence.

So my earlier assumption that he must've had priors turned out to be correct. I'm not entirely surprised because a year was a long time for a one-off offence.
Took me like 5 mins to read your article, google the guy, and find out that it wasnt just for "leaving a bacon sandwich outside a mosque" as you state in your original post. Even the article you posted says they did more than that.

Not judging you. We might just have different abilities with the internet and google.

Took me like 5 mins to read your article, google the guy, and find out that it wasnt just for "leaving a bacon sandwich outside a mosque" as you state in your original post. Even the article you posted says they did more than that.

Not judging you. We might just have different abilities with the internet and google.

I was admittedly pretty lazy about looking further into it, but these last two sentences are contradictory. By suggesting that you have better 'abilities with the internet and google', you've clearly made a judgement.

I was admittedly pretty lazy about looking further into it, but these last two sentences are contradictory. By suggesting that you have better 'abilities with the internet and google', you've clearly made a judgement.
I disagree. I suggest that it might be the reason for it, because I wasn't judging you.

In fact it was the best excuse I could find to justify your current position vs the position you took when you posted the article.

But sure, lets have a semantics issue over what it is to judge.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back