Farewell to GG.exe

After many years in the post, GG.exe is no longer mod of the NFL board.

This has been on the cards for a little while and we have a couple of new moderators in the works.

GG did a power of work, and anyone who would like to pick up any of the useful work he did is welcome to discuss it, or just jump in if you are confident you can do so seemlessly.

NFL is only growing more popular in Australia so I foresee good things for this board well into the future.

Apr 8, 2008
PollieCentral
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Fulham/76rsPhilsNovaDrexel/Atalanta
This isn't the NFL board, it is the GG board - his style, personality and amazing dedication to making it a place where everyone felt welcome is a key reason why it is so popular with so many different people. I feel very fortunate to have discovered this board during the GG era...

I hope we can maintain the sense of tolerance, community and genuinely interesting discussion, without losing the unique brand of good humoured trash talking that GG was such a big part of developing.

Look after yourself, GG, and hopefully you will still pop in from time to time.

To everyone else, welcome to 2017. Let's try to appreciate (or at least not hate) each other a little more this year.

Sometimes, you don't know how lucky you are to have what you've got until it is gone...

This isn't the NFL board, it is the GG board - his style, personality and amazing dedication to making it a place where everyone felt welcome is a key reason why it is so popular with so many different people. I feel very fortunate to have discovered this board during the GG era...

I hope we can maintain the sense of tolerance, community and genuinely interesting discussion, without losing the unique brand of good humoured trash talking that GG was such a big part of developing.

To everyone else, welcome to 2017. Let's try to appreciate (or at least not hate) each other a little more this year.

Sometimes, you don't know how lucky you are to have what you've got until it is gone...

Well said BPG and this board is a very fast and free flowing one that needs to be kept the same going forward.

Very quirky bunch of blokes on here and we are all like one big NFL family. :thumbsu:

Now how are we going to pad our like totals :(
I think he single-handedly got me from being 1000 likes behind total posts to about 300

It is made up of its regulars, not just the mod. You all get credit for it.

On a serious note, credit to GG for how his work and how he's moderated the board for a number of years. Always a difficult job, and I'm sure that I've given him his fair share of grief over the years, but he's handled it with aplomb and diligence. He always struck the right balance between having a board which was safe for people to contribute on, and a board that was fun and able to protect it's integrity against people who weren't here to genuinely contribute.

I hope he'll stick around the board, even as a non mod.

Damn you 2016!!! Oh hang on.

Hopefully this does not mean you won't be still around posting G.

giphy.gif

Farewell sweet prince.

Back