English Premier League - Matchday 20 (Second half of the season begins)

At this stage, Who do you think will get relegated? (Pick 3)

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Untitled.jpg

At the halfway point of the season now.

The week opens up with a relegation battle between Middlesbrough and Leicester.

After getting belted, Sunderland now face Liverpool. Can Defoe snatch a point?

Man City will be desperate to bounce back against tricky opposition in Burnley.

Everton and Soton should be a good contest, both have hopes of getting a possible Europa spot.

Hull need every point they can against overachievers West Brom.

West Ham look to be out of the relegation battle and heading towards mid table, Man United would be loving a win here to put some pressure on the top 4.

Arsenal should do fine against Bournemouth.

Stoke and Watford are both in safe ground at the minute but if one of them lose they could see themselves in a relegation battle.

Another relegation battle in Palace and Swansea here. Fat Sams mob should do alright here.

Match of the round is obviously Spurs vs Chelsea, 4th vs 1st. Chelsea going for 14 wins straight. Spurs would be hoping to get some revenge for what happened last season.

Last edited:
Middlesbrough 0 - 1 LEICESTER CITY
EVERTON 1
- 1 SOUTHAMPTON
MAN. CITY 2
- 0 Burnley
Sunderland 1 - 2 LIVERPOOL
WEST BROM 2
- 0 Hull City
West Ham 1 - 2 MAN. UNITED
Bournemouth 0 - 2 ARSENAL
CRYSTAL PALACE 1
- 0 Swansea
STOKE CITY 1 - 1 WATFORD
Tottenham 1 - 2 CHELSEA

Think Spurs will beat Chelsea and do everyone, especially Liverpool, a favour. Chelsea have been good enough in their last few matches but they've appeared a tad complacent for mine (which is natural given their position and run so far). A few 1-0s and letting Stoke back into the game twice are examples of this.

2-0 Tottenham, but would love a draw.

5-3 Spurs again would be nice. Would really start to think we are back close to our best if we managed to break the streak

Got a feeling Spurs will do us this time around, they are due to beat us and we are due to finally lose one.
I'm sure you will be pleased for your brother Chef? You must feel rotten for him. Family is important at this time of the year :)

1-1 is the most likely result. Don't think we've conceded 2 at home all season.

chef have you guys been challenged as much as you were against us in the first half at the bridge in this run? Really should have led at HT at the bridge that night. After that it was inevitable

I'm sure you will be pleased for your brother Chef? You must feel rotten for him. Family is important at this time of the year :)

TBH he doesn't have interest in sport nowadays, the only time he hears of the Spurs/North combo he goes for is when I fill him in on whats happening.

1-1 is the most likely result. Don't think we've conceded 2 at home all season.

chef have you guys been challenged as much as you were against us in the first half at the bridge in this run? Really should have led at HT at the bridge that night. After that it was inevitable

You guys are easily the best team we have played since we changed formation. That first half was probs the best football we have faced this year.

There isn't going to be many goals in this game. It'll be 1 nil either way IMO.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tottenham look the goods. I have a bad feeling about this one.

Spurs Chelsea (2 - 0)
Me if Spurs win.
giphy.gif

Who would have thought after the first month of the season both Manchester sides would be sitting outside the top four come the halfway mark of the season? They must be pretty frustrated to be sitting in the positions they are.
I do remember at the start of the season a lot of people + media were saying the title will be the battle of Manchester, Pep vs Mou.

Then again, At the start of last season not many people said Leicester would win the league.

The unpredictability of this league is great.

Relegation battle? I don't personally think we're in one, only due to some of the teams in the league.

Slimani and Mahrez depart after this game - Vardy's suspension finishes with the Boro game which is very helpful haha.
I don't think you will go down. But it's not a good position. A win though would shoot you up a few spots which will lessen the pressure a bit.

Back