The Official Week 11 'Rajon Rondo Benchwatch' Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Sep 7, 2005
Firing GarPax
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool, Chicago Bulls
So another week and another year pass us by in the NBA.

After back to back 3-1 leads went down in the playoffs (hey i had to remind you all) to Harden and Westbrook putting up some epic lines in the last games of the year it certainly was a crazy 2016.

In 2017 we should be seeing Ben Simmons play (Feb was the latest word) and BJ Armstrong be stripped of his agent credentials....

and hopefully Rondo playing in Kazhakstan :D

So. Trade moves are surely afoot soon.

Brandon Knight
Goran Dragic
Nerlens

Whose worth what and where do they go?

And then this

Looks like Atlanta might be in blow it up mode
Puts a spanner in the works for Thibs' plan, which many presume has been signing Millsap in the offseason given some of his comments during the year.

Couple of Wolves media sources have mentioned Dragic as a guy to keep an eye on too.

Puts a spanner in the works for Thibs' plan, which many presume has been signing Millsap in the offseason given some of his comments during the year.

Couple of Wolves media sources have mentioned Dragic as a guy to keep an eye on too.
I'll be honest I don't really get either move from a wolves perspective

Dragon will cost a first you would think, which may be over the odds, unless the deal involves Ricky.

Does millsap shift the needle enough defensively to justify the cost?

Dragon will cost a first you would think, which may be over the odds, unless the deal involves Ricky.

I don't get Dragic, so I'm with you on that.

Millsap I think is a great target - but provided it's as a free agent and not in a trade. Starting Millsap over Dieng is a huge improvement any way you cut it in my opinion. Better spacing, better passing, better defence. Dieng coming off the bench gives us a much-needed extra scoring threat in that second unit and allows us to play Bjelica at his natural position on the wing. Not to mention that it gives us a veteran presence that eats up salary now rather than when Towns/Wiggins/LaVine etc are due for extension.

But if we have to give up a first...I don't think it's worth it either.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Honestly, Millsap is like 100% what we need. However what do Atlanta get? probably a future first and someone like Shabazz/Jones are the best they get from us due to Millsap being a FA next year, and they could get a lot better elsewhere

Rubio / LaVine / Wiggins / Dieng / Towns
Dunn / Muhammad (FA) / Rush / Bjelica / Aldrich

vs.

Rubio / LaVine / Wiggins / Millsap / Towns
Dunn / Muhammad (FA) / Bjelica / Dieng / Aldrich

Imo that's a huge improvement. Isolating it to the defence of Dieng vs. Millsap doesn't do it justice I don't think.

ahh..so why is kawai on the bench in the final 2 minutes of a 1 point game?

And with Atlanta down by 1..20 seconds left, 2 second difference on shot clock..Schroder drives into the paint which was packed with 3 spurs and shoots with 12 seconds left?

We often use Milsap to guard guys like Lebron (eg elite wings). He can probably guard 3.5 positions the half being big 2 guards like Derozen.

If we lost him for nothing we'd be pretty stuffed. You could do a lot worse than him.

Kawai game winner rolled in around, down and popped back out again.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back