Universal Love 2016/2017 Pre-season Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

I posted on CC in 2014 - so what!

We are talking about the now & your posts are contradictory... on 1 hand his future is in the midfield, but on the other he is no fitter as witnessed by your own eyes.

I have read your posts carefully, but you haven't done the same with mine... as your not even responding to what I posted as you have gone off on tangents yet again!
Then quote me if you think that's what i said :rolleyes:

And at training Charlie looked shorter and thinner .....but it's just the training gear he was wearing that gave that impression

Players look smaller, thinner, and fatter ...depending on which Guernsey they're wearing

I hope our hoops don't make us look fat.

Then quote me if you think that's what i said :rolleyes:
I did - twice.

Even asked you to clarify, but instead you go off on tangents that you are CC's #1 & only fan & bring the Laird in to the midfield into the discussion, rather than actually clarify your post.

Sounds right .....i had it playing squash & it's an awful thing to have & bloody painful in the days after playing ....tried cortisone injections and an array of quacks to no avail
I've got it due to cricket.
A night splint helps a lot.. cheap on eBay, also exercises with a golf ball under the foot helps.

Sounds right .....i had it playing squash & it's an awful thing to have & bloody painful in the days after playing ....tried cortisone injections and an array of quacks to no avail

I think he means plantar fasciitis. I also had it, not as a result of any sport. Correct me if I'm wrong, but it's more of a "condition" than an injury, involving bone spurs, and is completely self limiting given the effluxion of time. So, if indeed this is what Tex had, he should be right by now. Mine took many months to resolve by itself.

p.s. I believe Harvey (ST Kilda) had it and tried to resolve it by jumping off the kitchen table!

I think he means plantar fasciitis. I also had it, not as a result of any sport. Correct me if I'm wrong, but it's more of a "condition" than an injury, involving bone spurs, and is completely self limiting given the effluxion of time. So, if indeed this is what Tex had, he should be right by now. Mine took many months to resolve by itself.

p.s. I believe Harvey (ST Kilda) had it and tried to resolve it by jumping off the kitchen table!
Correct in what you're saying

Has A.Keith been training well? What's he look like out their, any chance to play a game in the 1's?

Has A.Keith been training well? What's he look like out their, any chance to play a game in the 1's?

We've only had one open session so hard to comment. Keaths a little difficult to place at the moment, has really impressed since committing to footy, but there's no clear opening in the side. At present it's a bit of a case of "watch this space".

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Id prefer our forward line to GWS by a fair bit. Their mids s**t on ours though. Our defence is better.
I think they are looking at personnel only. Not how they actually work together & ball movement further up the ground.

IMO they have it right but wrong at the same time. Individually GWS might have slightly better forwards than us, but as a group our forwards function better. Our forward group is so unselfish, hardly ever get in each other's way and the structure is pretty well balanced. Teague has done a great job.

I think they are looking at personnel only. Not how they actually work together & ball movement further up the ground.

IMO they have it right but wrong at the same time. Individually GWS might have slightly better forwards than us, but as a group our forwards function better. Our forward group is so unselfish, hardly ever get in each other's way and the structure is pretty well balanced. Teague has done a great job.
Disagree.

Walker > Cameron
Jenkins > Patton
McGovern > Lobb (based on output last year)
Betts > Johnson
Lynch = Greene
Cameron < Deledio but different player with better pace and defensive abilities. Arguably both wont play forward that much. Menzel in for Cameron would make the matchup even.

Disagree.

Walker > Cameron
Jenkins > Patton
McGovern > Lobb (based on output last year)
Betts > Johnson
Lynch = Greene
Cameron < Deledio but different player with better pace and defensive abilities. Arguably both wont play forward that much. Menzel in for Cameron would make the matchup even.

Walker is not better than J Cameron. Jenkins maybe equal to Lobb or Patton - not better. Doubt this will be true foe 2017 though. Eddie is better than anyone they have got. Agree on Lynch=Greene and Cameron < Delidio. Menzel is our wild card which is why we need to get him into the team and firing.

f08fce60d908dc4c16a03797d47ef476.jpg

Hopefully Gibbs is telling Shiel to come on over with him next year.
Anyone know why Shiel is even there?

Awfully optimistic to suggest Gibbs coming is a thing that's going to happen. That ship has long sailed along with Justin Reid's credibility.

Hopefully Gibbs is telling Shiel to come on over with him next year.
Anyone know why Shiel is even there?
I posted on the other thread that Sam Jacobs used the term ( in his tweet) ''all the players I have played with'' I wanted to know if Shiel had actually done so.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back