Universal Love 2016/2017 Pre-season Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Walker is not better than J Cameron. Jenkins maybe equal to Lobb or Patton - not better. Doubt this will be true foe 2017 though. Eddie is better than anyone they have got. Agree on Lynch=Greene and Cameron < Delidio. Menzel is our wild card which is why we need to get him into the team and firing.
Based on Walker vs Cameron stat comparison. It Walker for the last 4 years.
Jenkins should be compared to Lobb due to both being Forward Rucks where his stats are better than Lobb and interestingly Far better than Patton.
McGovern vs Patton is a slight win to Patton but not by much. And I would expect improvement from both these players this year.
It not just Improvement from Menzel that we need But CC need a big lift in Output, He has to jump from Potential to actual this year consistently.

I posted on the other thread that Sam Jacobs used the term ( in his tweet) ''all the players I have played with'' I wanted to know if Shiel had actually done so.
Izzy Daniel/Jacobs and Georgie Williams are best friends.
Georgie Williams is Mark Williams Daughter and girlfriend to Dylan Shiels.

I posted on the other thread that Sam Jacobs used the term ( in his tweet) ''all the players I have played with'' I wanted to know if Shiel had actually done so.
Sauce is psychic...

Based on Walker vs Cameron stat comparison. It Walker for the last 4 years.
Jenkins should be compared to Lobb due to both being Forward Rucks where his stats are better than Lobb and interestingly Far better than Patton.
McGovern vs Patton is a slight win to Patton but not by much. And I would expect improvement from both these players this year.
It not just Improvement from Menzel that we need But CC need a big lift in Output, He has to jump from Potential to actual this year consistently.

I am not sure how you do your stats but for the last 4 years I am pretty confident that Cameron scored more goals than Tex in at least 3 of them, but I suspect all 4. Cameron is also better suited to full forward and Tex to CHF but in any case I would take Cameron over Tex in a who would you rather.

JJ cant ruck for s**t, but is definately the more effective goal kicker. But GWS dont want for much with Patton and Lobb. Personally I think Gold Coasts key forwards edge both ours and GWS in terms of tall forwards with Lynch and Peter Wright.

But Eddie carries us a long way and he is a titan of a small forward.

Izzy Daniel/Jacobs and Georgie Williams are best friends.
Georgie Williams is Mark Williams Daughter and girlfriend to Dylan Shiels.
What's his contract status?

Also where is Choco living these days?

That's a couple of things going in our favour if we were to have a crack and he would be ideal.

I am not sure how you do your stats but for the last 4 years I am pretty confident that Cameron scored more goals than Tex in at least 3 of them, but I suspect all 4. Cameron is also better suited to full forward and Tex to CHF but in any case I would take Cameron over Tex in a who would you rather.

JJ cant ruck for s**t, but is definately the more effective goal kicker. But GWS dont want for much with Patton and Lobb. Personally I think Gold Coasts key forwards edge both ours and GWS in terms of tall forwards with Lynch and Peter Wright.

Use two sites the AFL comparison and the AFL tables. And I compare all the stat, including Goal Assist. adding Goal assist to Goals and Walker's ontop. It even better for Walker when you compare score involvements. ie adding the points. Walker does need to Kick straighter.
Therefore I would take Tex over Cameron because he brings other into play he creates more opportunities for the Crows to Score.
Guess it down to what more important Score involvement or Indivual Goals. To me it a big mistake in just judging a forward on Goal alone.
Note since 2012 Walker has only missed getting over 100 score assist, in two years due to knee recon 2013 and 2014. Cameron has only reached that mark once in 2015. And I have not added the Points other's kick as GA only count goals
As for JJ for someone that cannot ruck he hold his own when compare to the rest of the Forward/ Rucks in the competition, And he has more score involvements than most.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not to mention all the organic growth
You know how they fertilise organic growth?

100515_soil_martian_1024.jpg

Jeremy Cameron is similar player to Josh Jenkins. Pure goal scorer, contributes little else to the team. Can't find a link but IIRC Cameron came about 15th in the GWS best and fairest despite all the goals. Like Jenkins, if he's not kicking goals then he's not helping the team.

Absolutely zero in common with Taylor Walker, who is a vital team facilitator in addition to goal kicker, and a way more valuable player overall.

Jeremy Cameron is similar player to Josh Jenkins. Pure goal scorer, contributes little else to the team. Can't find a link but IIRC Cameron came about 15th in the GWS best and fairest despite all the goals. Like Jenkins, if he's not kicking goals then he's not helping the team.

Absolutely zero in common with Taylor Walker, who is a vital team facilitator in addition to goal kicker, and a way more valuable player overall.
Yes and no.

For score involvement, these are the rankings:

Tex 5th
Jenkins 15th
Cameron 96th

You've undersold Jenkins a fair bit there.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back