upload_2017-1-1_14-21-17.png
    35.2 KB · Views: 7
Nov 6, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
🇦🇺 🇦🇺 🇦🇺 West Adelaide
They're saying now that we are to expect more celebrity / star deaths in the future ......i know that makes no sense, but the explanation was that the internet / media has promoted celebrities to a degree never known b4 & so we know them so much more intimately than stars pre 1970's ....so their deaths are much more impactful ?

Debate that as you will

They're saying now that we are to expect more celebrity / star deaths in the future ......i know that makes no sense, but the explanation was that the internet / media has promoted celebrities to a degree never known b4 & so we know them so much more intimately than stars pre 1970's ....so their deaths are much more impactful ?

Debate that as you will
Makes perfect sense. Number of celebrities havr been increasing rapidly over past 50 years, both in relative terms and with population growth. Of course more celebrities will be dying each year.

Just saw Rouge One on your recommendation.
Really liked it. yes better than the force awakens.
K9 my new favourite droid.

Bolded bit worries me greatly, but glad you enjoyed it!

I'm no Richard Wilkins, and am scared that anyone would do anything on my recommendation.

I'm no Richard Wilkins, and am scared that anyone would do anything on my recommendation.
I dunno, as it would be more worrying to go on a Wilkins recommendation...

mistylake

Cancelled
10k Posts
Mar 21, 2014
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood, Canadiens, Maroons.

I must have been living under a rock. I hadn't even heard there was a new Star Wars movie out, until I read your post.
No where near the promotion of force awakens.

mistylake

Cancelled
10k Posts
Mar 21, 2014
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Same rock as me. Woke up one day and they've gone from 4 to 7. It's like Fast and Furious.

I made my Kids watch in the same order as me. 4561237. Like the firing order in a 4 stroke engine. So what number is this last one 3.5?

DD#23

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 31, 2013
AFL Club
Adelaide
I made my Kids watch in the same order as me. 4561237. Like the firing order in a 4 stroke engine. So what number is this last one 3.5?
essentially yes, but technically important to point out its not an episode in the saga as it were, but a "Star Wars Story"

as far as the must have been living under a rock is concerned, just so you know the Disney release schedule from the beginning was to do 7,8,9 two years apart with "Star Wars Stories" going in between and most likely more to come afterwards just like we're being swamped by Marvel movies.

so this Christmas we get Episode 8 (catching up with Luke and Rey), and in 2018 they're doing a Han Solo origin story, like the Wolverine Origins movie they made after the first handful of X-Men movies.

mistylake

Cancelled
10k Posts
Mar 21, 2014
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
essentially yes, but technically important to point out its not an episode in the saga as it were, but a "Star Wars Story"

as far as the must have been living under a rock is concerned, just so you know the Disney release schedule from the beginning was to do 7,8,9 two years apart with "Star Wars Stories" going in between and most likely more to come afterwards just like we're being swamped by Marvel movies.

so this Christmas we get Episode 8 (catching up with Luke and Rey), and in 2018 they're doing a Han Solo origin story, like the Wolverine Origins movie they made after the first handful of X-Men movies.

Not really sure how it's not part of the saga.
I thought it was integral and answered a question I've had in my head since I was in grade 5 when I saw Star Wars '77.

As long as the stories are coherent and there well made and entertaining. They can make as many as they like.

DD#23

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 31, 2013
AFL Club
Adelaide
Not really sure how it's not part of the saga.
I thought it was integral and answered a question I've had in my head since I was in grade 5 when I saw Star Wars '77.

As long as the stories are coherent and there well made and entertaining. They can make as many as they like.
the general idea is that the saga's are about the balance of the force between the jedi and the sith - Anakin being seduced by Palpatine and the fall of the jedi order, Luke becoming strong with the force and defeating the Emperor, and now the Knights of Ren and the hologram sith lord vs Luke and Rey.

the plight of the rebellion is kind of secondary (which isn't to say its unimportant...) to all that, much like a lot of the stuff going on in The Lord of the Rings trilogy is kind of secondary to Froddo's journey with the ring.

so while the events in Rogue One are incredibly relevant or you might even say critical to the events in A New Hope, its purpose is really to provide a hell of a lot of great flavour and backstory to pad out the "universe" in a supporting role. If you don't really care about the distinction it doesn't make much difference, but they are being designed that way and to hold up as standalone movies.

Jun 7, 2011
Mount Gambier
AFL Club
Adelaide
the general idea is that the saga's are about the balance of the force between the jedi and the sith - Anakin being seduced by Palpatine and the fall of the jedi order, Luke becoming strong with the force and defeating the Emperor, and now the Knights of Ren and the hologram sith lord vs Luke and Rey.

the plight of the rebellion is kind of secondary (which isn't to say its unimportant...) to all that, much like a lot of the stuff going on in The Lord of the Rings trilogy is kind of secondary to Froddo's journey with the ring.

so while the events in Rogue One are incredibly relevant or you might even say critical to the events in A New Hope, its purpose is really to provide a hell of a lot of great flavour and backstory to pad out the "universe" in a supporting role. If you don't really care about the distinction it doesn't make much difference, but they are being designed that way and to hold up as standalone movies.

Biblical

Back