Shane Yarran in trouble

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure what the virgin dog means.

Young guy who has money, famous and good looks can't get a woman. That seems bs to me.

At the Brownlow, he seemed pretty funny and witty.

Seems like he would be pushing away the girls with a stick.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

He has one of the higher profiles in WA, is young and rich. He could look like Quasimodo, have the personality of a rock and still pick up.

I would put my money on some high school keyboard coward. Fits the profile. Any tiny morsel that can get a negative spin for Freo or any of our players will allways get big press from the West Coast media in this town.

Not sure what the virgin dog means.

Young guy who has money, famous and good looks can't get a woman. That seems bs to me.

At the Brownlow, he seemed pretty funny and witty.

Seems like he would be pushing away the girls with a stick.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Its defs by choice he didn't concentrate on relationships as he is career focused.

People like Yarran are "alpha dogs" so he not taking a girl to brownlow would be perceived as a 'virgin or gay'.

I don't care if F7 has taken a vow of celibacy as long as he keeps dragging three opposition players along while he gets rid of the ball, and takes a hanger standing on someone's head once a game.

As for his popularity, when you're losing relationships fracture. Start winning and everyone is slapping each other on the back and professing their undying love for everyone from the captain to the property man. In professional sport winning is everything.

Lyon doesn't give the media much because they are a pack of campaigners. And why should he? They are seduced by the dark side of West Coast with all their bum fluff stories and the media largely ignore the Kerr, Cousin, Chick, Hunter etc etc issues and magnify everything anti Freo
You jest surely, Cuz's misadventures were the biggest media circus of all time.
Never change.

Never change.

You were around in '04 (according to your join date). Do you remember a media circus about Cousins about his drug use when he first got to West Coast? How about when he first got the captaincy?

The rumours of his drug use and criminal links were widespread from 1999 onwards, but the media circus only started winding up after the swim in the river - about 2004/5.
Before that the club did their best to cover for him, moving away perceived bad influences from the club, as long as they weren't as good as Cousins and Kerr.

Never change.

Is it a media circus if you earn the attention? Given that most of Perth knew Ben was on the gear long before he was stripped of the Eagles captaincy, it's hardly surprising Ben received a lot of coverage. Associating with "Northbridge identities" is not the way to stay out of the limelight.

Sadly we know that it was all true. Now he's a shell of what he was and all the sycophants and parasites that happily followed him around have disappeared.

Ben made his choices and he'll have to pay for them. It's a pity that some of the people who might have been able to help him were happy to look the other way as long as he kept performing on the field.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So this isn't the glassing right? This is the domestic incident from last year? Didn't realise it was a stabbing. He'd want to hope the judge or jury think he's not guilty too!
I thought the glassing was in Camilo

Looks like Hannah has forgotten we are in 2017 and the glassing was 2015

That actually does beg the question whether he could come back mid-season if the matter was fully resolved, given that he remains on the playing list. Not that it will happen, obviously...
I afraid The Facebook thing totally burn the bridge.

Anyone think that the main reason we gave Yarran the chop, as opposed to 'indefinite personal leave', was because he had the attitude that was displayed in the facebook post?

Maybe the rant is more of an explanation as to why we let him go, as opposed to simply a response to it. If Fyfe is about to be made captain, don't need characters like Yarran around the place. The whole virgin thing is weird and just reeks of jealousy.

I don't think we'll know either way. I presume our lawyers have had a chat to his lawyers, though.

Shane was up in the Kimberly with his family when it happened. He then said that he didn't have a Facebook page when they finally got a hold of him.

It was reported that the AFL and the club were both investigating the incident, however things have since gone quiet.

I understand that Shane is still denying any involvement in that post and is still hoping to play with Subiaco this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back