Crows Chat That 'Doesnt Deserve Its Own Thread' Thread part 2

Jun 7, 2011
Mount Gambier
AFL Club
Adelaide
Not sure about Thommo and Dougie in defence.

I'd prefer them on the other side of defence.

If Dougie can make a fist of it, it'll allow him to be in the same rotation as Laird, which puts Laird into the middle more often. No one seriously thinks Thommo will be rotating through half back and spending time looking after an opposition small forward. He'll either be playing the stoppage to stoppage role or he'll be in the 2's.

ThreeLeggedCrow

Debutant
Aug 7, 2015
AFL Club
Adelaide
..the Crows are at their most potent when playing two 60m kicking rebounders .... think Smith/Jaensch ... Smith/Seed ...now Smith/Seed/Hampton ( can Dougie still kick 60m? )... so playing at least two is a must imo.

Nov 24, 2007
DTC Frat House
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Team Lambda Variant
..the Crows are at their most potent when playing two 60m kicking rebounders .... think Smith/Jaensch ... Smith/Seed ...now Smith/Seed/Hampton ( can Dougie still kick 60m? )... so playing at least two is a must imo.

Dougie can still kick 60m, Assuming you mean straight up

He has that horribly awkward style, I wouldn't think so

Nov 6, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
🇦🇺 🇦🇺 🇦🇺 West Adelaide
This is when you know the world officially is mad & everyone in it self centred .......glad this lady is so religious .....or maybe she just wants a refund on the contributions she's made :rolleyes:

Church-goer sues over a wet leaf

AN ELDERLY woman is suing after slipping on a wet leaf while leaving her Melbourne church, saying it was negligent for failing to warn her of the leaf’s presence or remove it.

Mar 21, 2016
Down South Corvus Tristis
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Sturt, White Sox
May 20, 2001
Kufa, Iraq
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Banhammer Big House Under 70s
Quote...With one of the most dangerous attacks in the competition, it's no surprise the Crows were only team to convert over 50 per cent of their inside 50s last season. Eddie Betts (75), Josh Jenkins (62) and Taylor Walker (47) featured in the top-10 goalkickers in 2016, while Tom Lynch chimed in with a handy 42 majors for the year. The three big forwards in Jenkins, Walker and Lynch are a nightmare for any defender one out, when the ball is being sent forward quickly. Unquote

Not a bad stat.:thumbsu:

RJ8812

Draftee
Jan 13, 2017
Canada
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Philadelphia Flyers
Great to have you aboard. How do you come to be a Crowie from Canuckville?
I had just been a casual fan and would watch any game involving any team that was on TV here. This past June I took a vacation to Australia and a buddy and I went to a game while in Perth. He was rooting for the Eagles, so I decided to root for the Crows. It was the game where the Crows came from behind to win while blanking the Eagles like 30-0 in the 4th quarter. I had a great time and just decided to stick with the Crows since! Still learning the game, but I have the basics down. I wish I could play it here!!

DD#23

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 31, 2013
AFL Club
Adelaide
Quote...With one of the most dangerous attacks in the competition, it's no surprise the Crows were only team to convert over 50 per cent of their inside 50s last season. Eddie Betts (75), Josh Jenkins (62) and Taylor Walker (47) featured in the top-10 goalkickers in 2016, while Tom Lynch chimed in with a handy 42 majors for the year. The three big forwards in Jenkins, Walker and Lynch are a nightmare for any defender one out, when the ball is being sent forward quickly. Unquote

Not a bad stat.:thumbsu:
would like to see how many goals per inside 50 we concede compared with everyone else, and the differential

DD#23

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 31, 2013
AFL Club
Adelaide
I had just been a casual fan and would watch any game involving any team that was on TV here. This past June I took a vacation to Australia and a buddy and I went to a game while in Perth. He was rooting for the Eagles, so I decided to root for the Crows. It was the game where the Crows came from behind to win while blanking the Eagles like 30-0 in the 4th quarter. I had a great time and just decided to stick with the Crows since! Still learning the game, but I have the basics down. I wish I could play it here!!
to be honest mate there are heaps of amateur clubs spotted all over the world, you might have a chance depending on where you live

RJ8812

Draftee
Jan 13, 2017
Canada
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Philadelphia Flyers
to be honest mate there are heaps of amateur clubs spotted all over the world, you might have a chance depending on where you live
Unfortunately, not where I live. The closest amateur league is the Toronto area, which is 4 hours away from my location

beartoo

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 27, 2004
Moana Heights Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Adelaide

Great stuff. I was just going to suggest you start a league over there. :D

DD#23

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 31, 2013
AFL Club
Adelaide
Unfortunately, not where I live. The closest amateur league is the Toronto area, which is 4 hours away from my location
ah well, you'll just have to get a footy to kick around once all the snow melts :p

seeing as you're a new supporter I feel like we need to get you up to speed with some legendary Crows history... there's plenty of good and bad lol

this is one of my favourites, 200 gamer Ben "Truck" Rutten who kicked 3 goals with his first three kicks in AFL footy got on the end of this one for his last kick in his last game :thumbsu:

then to keep with the good and bad theme this is a classic lol

Back