Gym & Misc Irritating people/things that annoy you in the gym II

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Didn't recognise one person in the gym last night. Saw one guy doing decline bench press in the squat rack with 10 kg on one side and 15 on the other. :S

I don't mind newbies. Give them advice/smile at them etc. I remember when I first joined up, the regulars scared me, it made it hard to go when you felt like the regular gym goers were judging you.
Help educate new people and this thread will have a lot less in it in the future

Didn't recognise one person in the gym last night. Saw one guy doing decline bench press in the squat rack with 10 kg on one side and 15 on the other. :S

Lol don't know how
I feel like the bar has been misloaded when it hasn't, let alone having 15% more one end

Lol don't know how
I feel like the bar has been misloaded when it hasn't, let alone having 15% more one end
So it's not just me haha

So it's not just me haha

Not at all
Once I get over 90% on squats I get someone to line up the bar on my shoulders, if I'm off I'm as much chance of falling over as I am successfully completing a rep lol

Not at all
Once I get over 90% on squats I get someone to line up the bar on my shoulders, if I'm off I'm as much chance of falling over as I am successfully completing a rep lol
I'm not that bad but I occasionally get the feeling that I've mismatched the sides. I never have but it just feels like it

I'm not that bad but I occasionally get the feeling that I've mismatched the sides. I never have but it just feels like it

It doesn't take much (particularly squats as you can't see where the bar lines up)
If you're setting your hands close to your mobility limits and you're unevenly restricted right vs left invariably you probably will have the bar offset slightly unless you consciously know to correct it or have someone correct it for you
Bench I sometimes struggle in globo gyms as they tend to be really narrow and low compared to comp benches and in particular mine at home which is 36cm wide

It doesn't take much (particularly squats as you can't see where the bar lines up)
If you're setting your hands close to your mobility limits and you're unevenly restricted right vs left invariably you probably will have the bar offset slightly unless you consciously know to correct it or have someone correct it for you
Bench I sometimes struggle in globo gyms as they tend to be really narrow and low compared to comp benches and in particular mine at home which is 36cm wide
I think mines just paranoia lol

I don't mind newbies. Give them advice/smile at them etc. I remember when I first joined up, the regulars scared me, it made it hard to go when you felt like the regular gym goers were judging you.
Help educate new people and this thread will have a lot less in it in the future

Agree with this. I wish my parents would one day finally come to the gym with me (or do any form of exercise for that matter) ... it's right across the road! lol

Don't get me wrong, I didn't give him a dirty look or anything for it. All the power to him. Just thought I'd share it here as it was appropriate for this thread.

I generally don't watch what other people are doing in the off chance they become self conscience or feel I'm judging them.

Another newbie (at least haven't seen him before) today doing some weird yoga- esque stretches in spandex bike shorts and no shoes/socks. Was directly across from where I was on the machine chest press and he remained directly in my line of sight as I did my sets. Was doing the most absurd stretches that highlighted the fact he was wearing skin tight pants. Couldn't really look anywhere else so I just closed my eyes as I did my sets. Pretty sure I caught him staring at me a couple of times too.

Fair to say it was pretty uncomfortable.

Another newbie (at least haven't seen him before) today doing some weird yoga- esque stretches in spandex bike shorts and no shoes/socks. Was directly across from where I was on the machine chest press and he remained directly in my line of sight as I did my sets. Was doing the most absurd stretches that highlighted the fact he was wearing skin tight pants. Couldn't really look anywhere else so I just closed my eyes as I did my sets. Pretty sure I caught him staring at me a couple of times too.

Fair to say it was pretty uncomfortable.
Instantly reminded me of this

upload_2017-1-4_8-56-35.jpeg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Really don't like people at the gym who believe they know everything and try to correct your program.

Last night I had two body building types come up to me and "advise" me to stop doing so much leg work and to do more upper body weights with less repetitions.

I am not trying to bulk up, I am trying to build more strength/ agility in my legs and when I do upper body work I am following a program to build lean muscle not big bulky muscles that will be detrimental for my sport.

I don't mind people helping others with technique or spotting, but if someone is following a set program you shouldn't try to change it.

Really don't like people at the gym who believe they know everything and try to correct your program.

Last night I had two body building types come up to me and "advise" me to stop doing so much leg work and to do more upper body weights with less repetitions.

I am not trying to bulk up, I am trying to build more strength/ agility in my legs and when I do upper body work I am following a program to build lean muscle not big bulky muscles that will be detrimental for my sport.

I don't mind people helping others with technique or spotting, but if someone is following a set program you shouldn't try to change it.
I agree with most of this

Just hate when people say the bolded

Sorry, didn't mean to annoy you.
Just one of those things that isn't really accurate to say. No annoyance just discussing :)

This bro-dude will do a set of whatever exercise I am doing after I'm done with my sets ... Didn't know what his intentions were but for laughs I went and did a heavy set of face pulls figuring he'd probably never done any before. As predicted he went for a set after me, struggled, did half a rep, then walked away like nothing happened LOL. And that was the end of that.

I agree with most of this

Just hate when people say the bolded

Agree with you, all muscle is lean. What gives the bulky or better described as bloated look is to much body fat.

not sure I agree with this

only need to look at pro bodybuilders to see that too much muscle can also give you a bulky frame

The ones that take an array of drugs that make them look like monsters. Also the whole aim of pro body builders and I'm talking about the top level is to have freakish size muscle mass.

I was only talking about your regular natural gym goer.....how big is to big will vary from one person to another, it's very subjective

Last edited:
Putting in a complaint to management at Goodlife Mooroolbark when I finish this session. Going to cause an absolute s**t storm :p

Gotta laugh at people who say they don't want to look too bulky. As long as you keep your bf% down in the single digits or low teens, the only way you can look too bulky is by juicing.

Natty life = be huge or be shredded. Can't be both.

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back