News Poster's Favorite Movies - Latest Movie Seen

Remove this Banner Ad

No I'm not a spoiler. ;)
anyone who hasn't seen it by now doesn't care and wouldn't be reading a movie thread anyway.

if you're desperate to see something spoiler free two weeks is plenty of time IMO, especially with all the Christmas and New Year public holidays.

besides, at least half the movies plot is spoiled in the title crawl of a movie that came out in the 70's so I don't see the big deal.

They're saying now that we are to expect more celebrity / star deaths in the future ......i know that makes no sense, but the explanation was that the internet / media has promoted celebrities to a degree never known b4 & so we know them so much more intimately than stars pre 1970's ....so their deaths are much more impactful ?

Debate that as you will
I think it's more to do with the fact the WE are getting old. If we are getting old, then it makes sense that the celebrities that we admire(d) are also getting older. I used to watch MASH 40 years ago. Read the entire series too. Was one of my all time favourites.

I think it's more to do with the fact the WE are getting old. If we are getting old, then it makes sense that the celebrities that we admire(d) are also getting older. I used to watch MASH 40 years ago. Read the entire series too. Was one of my all time favourites.
I still subscribe to the massive influence of PR machines now ......pickup any paper and all we get are bikini photo's of girls i've never heard of, but belong to the Block, Neighbors, obscure TV and movie shows .....the public is clambering for information like never b4, half the stuff is fabricated, but people are eating it up

just have a gander at this and you'll understand my point .....look down the right hand side ;)
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/auhome/index.html

I still subscribe to the massive influence of PR machines now ......pickup any paper and all we get are bikini photo's of girls i've never heard of, but belong to the Block, Neighbors, obscure TV and movie shows .....the public is clambering for information like never b4, half the stuff is fabricated, but people are eating it up

just have a gander at this and you'll understand my point .....look down the right hand side ;)
Firstly, who the bloody hell reads the "daily mail"? It's absolute shite. And yes, look I know and I agree about the media created frenzy for celebinfo. But I do think that as we get older (and as death is the only certainty in life) the folk we followed in movies/tv etc. are ageing too and dropping off like flies.

I agree add to that people now making huge money and becoming "celebrities" from Instagram and Youtube - most I have never heard of. I went to the Mayfair rooftop bar the other night to meet some friends and seated next to us were a group of four young lads {18-20} and their entourage drinking $50 champers and being treated like royalty, I assumed they were a visiting boy band as they had a couple of young girls sneak up to the bar and snap a few photos - they were also receiving calls from the bar - turns out they are Youtube hits. What they do or who they are is still unknown to me but they weren't struggling for a dollar or the groupies that went with it. This type of "celebrity" was unheard of ten years ago.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Watched "Star Trek Beyond" last night .....really loved the movie & the current franchise offering is better than the Trekky movies with William Shatner, that ended up being a bit of a farce

Then backed it up with the South Korean movie "Too Beautiful to lie"
.....a 2004 Rom Com that was very enjoyable

Remove this Banner Ad

Back