Mod. Notice Competitions: READ BEFORE POSTING A COMPETITION

Remove this Banner Ad

With the BBL on and with my Word T20 Circuit portfolio, I was hoping of starting up a Cricket Designing Comp.

Aussie Bash Cricket League (Other Names could be considered)

'Franchises' from Australia compete in a tournament where everyone plays each other once.

There will be no limit of teams to let as much people possible play. Once the Team numbers are announced then we will determine how many teams progress to the Finals Series to find out who is Champion!

Designers will be required to submit 1 T20 Cricket Kit (Shirt, Pants, Cap). A logo will also need to submitted.

Rules for the Kit will be must have a sponsor with presence in your chosen city/area. Sponsors are to be placed on chest and pants. Back Sponsor is not mandatory. A real-life manufacturer must appear on the kit somewhere. League Logo (To be designer maybe in a Vote) will need to be placed on Left Breast (like CWC) and on Left Side of Pants (like BBL) . Player Numbers and Names must appear on back with no set font.

We will hold a Colour Draft for Primary Colours so that there is NO COLOUR CLASHES. Draft Places will be decided in a Lottary.

Thoughts? Any interest?

If this goes ahead, I'd suggest doing it like Spanna_'s ARWC to keep it short and sweet. I mean this in this nicest possible way but it's tough to keep the commitment to getting this competitions going, and it'll be during a point where you've got NAFL finishing/FIRA season starting/FLO design starting.

If this goes ahead, I'd suggest doing it like Spanna_'s ARWC to keep it short and sweet. I mean this in this nicest possible way but it's tough to keep the commitment to getting this competitions going, and it'll be during a point where you've got NAFL finishing/FIRA season starting/FLO design starting.
so like pools?

There will be home, away and cup. The two-one offs will be revealed when the pre-season hub drops. This season will be different though in that it will be a 10-16 team competition with the same sort of qualification as FIRA. The top two or four teams from last season qualify (or in the case of no stormy, top 5), and then the other 6-12 spots will be decided by the people.

I haven't flushed it all out 100%, but we will see how we go.

Hopefully heritage is staying, the Makos are really into the very late 80's and early 90's fashion vibe at the moment.

I would love to give tournament running a crack so....
You'll need to start with a much more concrete proposal.

Obviously your age and tendency to disappear from the board at times will concern the mods. Running a competition is a big commitment where you need to be posting regularly for a few months at a time.

You probably want to keep the first competition fairly tight and small in scope to prove you can do it, and it might be worth getting some help from Freight Train for your first comp with how to run it.

With the BBL on and with my Word T20 Circuit portfolio, I was hoping of starting up a Cricket Designing Comp.

Aussie Bash Cricket League (Other Names could be considered)

'Franchises' from Australia compete in a tournament where everyone plays each other once.

There will be no limit of teams to let as much people possible play. Once the Team numbers are announced then we will determine how many teams progress to the Finals Series to find out who is Champion!

Designers will be required to submit 1 T20 Cricket Kit (Shirt, Pants, Cap). A logo will also need to submitted.

Rules for the Kit will be must have a sponsor with presence in your chosen city/area. Sponsors are to be placed on chest and pants. Back Sponsor is not mandatory. A real-life manufacturer must appear on the kit somewhere. League Logo (To be designer maybe in a Vote) will need to be placed on Left Breast (like CWC) and on Left Side of Pants (like BBL) . Player Numbers and Names must appear on back with no set font.

We will hold a Colour Draft for Primary Colours so that there is NO COLOUR CLASHES. Draft Places will be decided in a Lottary.

Thoughts? Any interest?
Can we call it the Reasonably Sized Smash Association?

Can we call it the Reasonably Sized Smash Association?
It will be called T20 Australia
Logo:
upload_2017-1-5_21-50-9.png

Revised Tournament Details:
T20 AUSTRALIA

This Twenty20 tournament is set in Australia and will have 16 participating teams in a 4-group round-robin/knockout format to determine the champion.

Designers will have to nominate their franchise in the thread below, with a city, a team name and their colours. Designers will then have to design ONE uniform to wear through the whole tournament (shirt front/back, pants front/back and cap)

The design rules are:

- There is to be a team sponsor across the middle of the shirt and on the pants (front right-facing) - rear sponsor optional
- The league logo is to be on the upperchest (left-facing) and pants (front left-facing)
- Your team logo (can be original or recolour) is to be on the upperchest (right-facing)
- Player name and number is to be on the rear of the shirt with no set font

Voting for each round will be up for 48 hours, to keep with the fast-paced nature of T20.

It will be called T20 Australia
Logo:
View attachment 324913

Revised Tournament Details:
T20 AUSTRALIA

This Twenty20 tournament is set in Australia and will have 16 participating teams in a 4-group round-robin/knockout format to determine the champion.

Designers will have to nominate their franchise in the thread below, with a city, a team name and their colours. Designers will then have to design ONE uniform to wear through the whole tournament (shirt front/back, pants front/back and cap)

The design rules are:

- There is to be a team sponsor across the middle of the shirt and on the pants (front right-facing) - rear sponsor optional
- The league logo is to be on the upperchest (left-facing) and pants (front left-facing)
- Your team logo (can be original or recolour) is to be on the upperchest (right-facing)
- Player name and number is to be on the rear of the shirt with no set font

Voting for each round will be up for 48 hours, to keep with the fast-paced nature of T20.

You might want to tweak the font on the logo a little, the R and the small gaps in the R and A's makes the wording look off. The rest of the logo looks great though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I like the original concept of a colour lottery, can we keep that idea?
How many colours are there though? Not enough for 16 to have unique colour schemes, that's for sure.
Besides, I've personally decided on a colour scheme and have a rough design made up.

I like the original concept of a colour lottery, can we keep that idea?
How many colours are there though? Not enough for 16 to have unique colour schemes, that's for sure.
Besides, I've personally decided on a colour scheme and have a rough design made up.
If we had a colour scheme the colours would be
1. Blue
2. Lime
3. Green
4. Orange
5. Magenta/Pink
6. Purple
7. Teel
8. Red
9. Indian Pacific Blue
10. Gold
11. Grey
12. Black
13. Bottle Green
14. Yellow
15. Navy Blue
16. Sky Blue

Also these colours would only be for PRIMARY colours

If I did a Lottary then I would have to put a video up randomly selecting teams.

But overall i will ask perspective designers for T20A

Yeah that is true, however I thought it'd be a point of difference compared to other competitions.

Lynton has already said it, but yeah 16 colours that are different is fairly easy;

1) Sky Blue
2) Royal Blue
3) Navy Blue
4) Silver/Grey
5) Gold
6) Red
7) Maroon
8) Dark Pink/Magenta
9) Light Pink
10) Lime Green
11) Dark Green
12) Teal
13) Brown
14) Yellow
15) Purple
16) Orange

I dunno about this tbh, there are only so many distinctive colours people can use, and with the proposed 16 entrants...

Also, is there a template for cricket kits around anywhere?

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
It's cricket. There's no need for clash jumpers when the only players in a similar colour (but opposite team) are 2 blokes with helmets and bats

Remove this Banner Ad

Back