Peptides! *The * Dopers: come smell the bull****! ESSENDON FANS NOT WANTED

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dank worked to the brief.

The brief said "Whatever it takes".

There may have been some small print about legalities but the conversations and "the vibe" were all along the lines of pushing the boundaries, gaining an advantage and doing whatever it takes.

However, despite Hird's faults, suicide prevention is MUCH more important than footy.

Hirds brief was 'big, quick, but it can't fail the code....what are Collingwood, West coast and Hawthorn on?'.

Hird thought those three clubs were using HGH. He wanted something that gave the same benefits, but wouldn't fail the code......hence, he recruited Dank who was well known for bending the rules.
Hird then stood by while a convicted drug dealer and PED pusher who gloated about 'beating the code' worked closely with his sport scientist.

You have to swallow a whole heap of busllhit to believe Hird didn't know exactly what Dank was doing.
I read that 'big, quick, but can't fail the code... what are Collingwood, West Coast and Hawthorn on" report in the Herald Sun as well. It was compelling. No doubt Hird was, as I said, complicit... But if you also read the emails between the doctor and coach you would have seen there was a (possibly wilful) turning of a blind eye.
Everything you wrote after that is your conjecture.

For mine, James should have fessed up to everything that he knew and put it to bed.

I don't think he meant to dope his players or put them in any harm .
Further, I am not sure the doping program actually harmed any of the players physically... No-one does as no-one knows what they were given... The greatest harm was mental. And that is all on Dank

He instituted a drug regime with the aim of enhancing performance. Performance enhancing drugs - PEDs. He wanted to push it to the limit, but just didn't want to be caught. There is nothing in the info that has come out to suggest that he was concerned that pushing the limit might have put players' health in danger.

I read that 'big, quick, but can't fail the code... what are Collingwood, West Coast and Hawthorn on" report in the Herald Sun as well. It was compelling. No doubt Hird was, as I said, complicit... But if you also read the emails between the doctor and coach you would have seen there was a (possibly wilful) turning of a blind eye.

For mine, James should have fessed up to everything that he knew and put it to bed.

Further, I am not sure the doping program actually harmed any of the players physically... No-one does as no-one knows what they were given... The greatest harm was mental. And that is all on Dank
I have a really big bridge in Sydney that I am willing to sell to you today.

On SM-G935F using BigFooty.com mobile app

"No one knows what they were given". That's bullshit.

The players know, the club knows, Dank knows. Any organisation on a professional level that is measuring and monitoring GPS, sleep patterns, food intake, etc doesn't inject months of drugs without being able to record, analyse and review.
To state no one knew what the drugs were and no one knew what anyone got is the biggest lie in this entire thing.

Everyone played dumb, and the AFL accredited journo's played by the rules and didn't push it any harder than that.

There's a reason the AFL were so quick to close up there tribunal findings with "we will never know what the players took", and it's the same reason not a single person has touched Dank.

"No one knows what they were given". That's bullshit.

The players know, the club knows, Dank knows. Any organisation on a professional level that is measuring and monitoring GPS, sleep patterns, food intake, etc doesn't inject months of drugs without being able to record, analyse and review.
To state no one knew what the drugs were and no one knew what anyone got is the biggest lie in this entire thing.

Everyone played dumb, and the AFL accredited journo's played by the rules and didn't push it any harder than that.

There's a reason the AFL were so quick to close up there tribunal findings with "we will never know what the players took", and it's the same reason not a single person has touched Dank.
Abasi, if it is known... Other than Jobe's admission of an illegal substance, what was given?

Abasi, if it is known... Other than Jobe's admission of an illegal substance, what was given?
Are you serious right now?

Did you miss the point completely.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My point is Dank is the bad guy. He was the one with the knowledge. My guess is that Hird was complicit but not wilful. Do you KNOW better or are you guessing as well?
Hird knew everything that Dank was using. He would report to Hird by text what drugs he intended to use, who was getting them and what they did.

Hird also vouched for the safety of these drugs when players queried them.

But you think Dank didn't record any of these down? And that no one knows what the players took?

Tell me, how do you verify a program is a success if you have no record of what went into anyone?

Wow. Someone tried to kill themselves and you guys are still carrying on arguing of who knew what...
Whether James is sick or sitting on a beach in Bermuda....this thread and what is written here has no influence on his well being or his state of mind.

If you think that we should sit in silence, feel fee to.

Wow. Someone tried to kill themselves and you guys are still carrying on arguing of who knew what...

Still zero confirmation that this was a suicide attempt. The updated Age report and Rohan Connolly sympathy piece both have zero 'seek help' disclaimers. All signs point to regular overdose here. Not saying that isn't tragic - but I don't think this was a suicide attempt.

Whether James is sick or sitting on a beach in Bermuda....this thread and what is written here has no influence on his well being or his state of mind.

If you think that we should sit in silence, feel fee to.
I can't tell if you're actually being serious?

Let me guess, when you found out Roughead had cancer you were all over the 'bigger than football' sentiment that was flowing?

Worth noting that only Channel 7 have run with this story, no official word on what's going on has been given and other outlets are simply referencing channel 7 instead of stating it as fact.
Not saying it's not a bad situation but not much is really known other than speculation.

This south park clip should explain it:

Still zero confirmation that this was a suicide attempt. The updated Age report and Rohan Connolly sympathy piece both have zero 'seek help' disclaimers. All signs point to regular overdose here. Not saying that isn't tragic - but I don't think this was a suicide attempt.
Not sure if it's the place to be talking about our different interpretations of the medias code of ethics...But if in doubt, let's not kick the guy who *may* have tried to kill himself while he's down.

I can't tell if you're actually being serious?

Let me guess, when you found out Roughead had cancer you were all over the 'bigger than football' sentiment that was flowing?
WTF?

How is this even similar?

We're in a thread about a doping investigation, and you're suggesting that because one of the main instigators may have hurt himself we should all just sit in the corner and not discuss the topic.

Hird knew everything that Dank was using. He would report to Hird by text what drugs he intended to use, who was getting them and what they did.

Hird also vouched for the safety of these drugs when players queried them.

But you think Dank didn't record any of these down? And that no one knows what the players took?

Tell me, how do you verify a program is a success if you have no record of what went into anyone?
You say Hird vouched for the safety of the drugs... How do you know this? On what evidence?
I'm sure Dank did record all info on what he gave to players... And I believe he did not give over any records. Again: he is the bad guy
IF Hird vouched for the safety of the drugs then bad on him. But again complicit and not the real bad guy.

On the success of a program: on performance ... Not on what the players ate or bench pressed.

Just a note on that....
I do remember a distinct lack of compassion by a certain group of supporters when Dean Robinson told the media that he had contemplated suicide throughout this doping investigation for all the pressure it put on him and his family after he was stood down.

Far from some of the poorly timed cheap puns I've read tonight, some posters actively thought that was quite hilarious and posted as such without a care in the world.

Now, I'm not suggesting this should be a free for all for trolling Hird now, but it's just really interesting how one person matters while another doesn't.

And fwiw, I'm not saying the Bombers who have visited here this afternoon are some of those who poked fun at Robinson or dressed up in Sombrero's when it became known that an 'unknown' drug from Mexico was given to players, but there's a fair level of hypocrisy thats been on display over the journey from all sides.

By the way, the "media caused this" angle that I am now reading elsewhere is a bit much.
Hird has been out of the limelight for a long time, and it must be remembered that he was allowed to walk off into the darkness after that shambles of a scripted interview with the fraudulent journo from NSW, Tracey Holmes.

Maybe if she'd had actually asked some real questions and got some real answers he'd have ripped the band aid off right there and then and got some closure. Instead it's been allowed to fester, and no doubt eat at him over time.
Contemplating suicide is a long, long way from attempting suicide. Not really even slightly comparable

WTF?

How is this even similar?

We're in a thread about a doping investigation, and you're suggesting that because one of the main instigators may have hurt himself we should all just sit in the corner and not discuss the topic.
Yes, spot on. 100% correct.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back