news The General MMA & Combat Sports Discussion Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

With a McGregor fight his pre-fight hype is a bit part of the schtick, and a big part of what sells the fight. That isn't, and has never really been the case with Rousey (sans maybe here in Melbourne)

The first Misha Tate pre-fight s**t talk, which was basically all initiated by Rousey is what launched the Rousey celebrity. Womens MMA probably wouldnt be in the UFC without Rondas ability to draw attention to herself and her fights, basically off very little hype.

The 2nd Misha prefight was huge.

The Bethe pre fight s**t talk would have at least added 300,000 buys imo.

Rondas prefight "shtick" is a massive part of who she is/was.

Last edited:
Still maintain that Luke Thomas bloke is a miserable prick, hates mostly everything about the sport and would rather be a needling prick then ask hard hitting questions
I love the guy. He is my go to for mma news and opinion. Also out of most "media", his knowledge of actual technique is basically unmatched, especially BJJ.

I dont always agree with him but he is hilarious at times.

And he definitely loves the sport.

There is no such thing as a sure bet but this is as close as you will get. Whilst Nunes doesn't posses the stick and move ability of Holly, she punches so much harder - going toe to toe is by no means an option for Rousey. And there is no way she would have improved so much in 12 months that she will be able to outbox Nunes. A submission is her only chance, easier said than done though with Nunes being a highly skilled grappler plus she might even be physically stronger than Rousey.
:D:D:D- money, money, money !!!

Does anyone know if Goldberg got a nice send off after 207?
Dont think so, unless it was behind closed doors.

Even his sign off at the end of the ppv broadcast seemed very impromptu.

Im not his biggest fan because he could have done his job better but his voice, and his catch phrases are apart of some of the greatest moments in MMA history, and he will be strangely missed.

"JUST.LIKE.THAT!"

Dont think so, unless it was behind closed doors.

Even his sign off at the end of the ppv broadcast seemed very impromptu.

Im not his biggest fan because he could have done his job better but his voice, and his catch phrases are apart of some of the greatest moments in MMA history, and he will be strangely missed.

"JUST.LIKE.THAT!"
I quite liked the guy, and I thought him and Rogan worked very nicely together.

Not to get a fitting send off after his long career as a main commentator is extremely poor by the ufc imho.

What do we think of CroCop winning the Rizen NYE Grand Prix at what age? 42?

He did it quickly and easily too. The question is.. how much gear, if any is he on?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
Lots... but still less than Gabi.

He did it quickly and easily too. The question is.. how much gear, if any is he on?

All of it.

But then, that's how Japanese MMA has always rolled. Kudos to him, he's a superstar there, so it's probably fitting that's where the rest of his career should play out.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Don't normally come into this part of bigfooty, but thought that I would drop by to see if anybody watched the Rizin GP. I loved Pride but this is the first Rizin I have watched. I must say that I was very pleasantly surprised at the quality and presentation, and will definitely be tuning in from now on. In my opinion it was one of the best events of the last year or so, very entertaining and reminiscent of early 2000s Pride just before they hit their straps. It's great to have a new alternative product, and if they keep putting shows like that on the promotion will really go places and should draw more and more talent in. The format and rules are also very conducive to entertaining fights.

Would be interested to know what others thought of it.

Oh and yeah, Crocop would have been juiced to the gills no doubt. But I don't really care, he put on a great show and it was a beautiful way to end his career.

Whats with the Bisping vs Woodley s**t? Kinda a nothing event considering there isn't a lot of beef there and there are massive fights to be made for both champions. Personally think the UFC and Bisping want to duck Romero for as long as possible.

Whats with the Bisping vs Woodley s**t? Kinda a nothing event considering there isn't a lot of beef there and there are massive fights to be made for both champions. Personally think the UFC and Bisping want to duck Romero for as long as possible.
I think it was Woodley who initiated the whole idea to fight Bisping but yeah I'd rather just see him defend the title against Romero.

I think it was Woodley who initiated the whole idea to fight Bisping but yeah I'd rather just see him defend the title against Romero.

Yeah Woodley is scrambling for a big money fight. Don't think Bisping will be that as interesting as it would be. Nick Diaz comeback fight is where the money is.

Woodley vs Wonderboy Thompson 2
Headlining UFC 209 :fire:

Khabib-Ferguson interim LW title fight looking pretty close to done for 209 also.

We've already got the Hunt-Overeem fight, Bektic gets a tougher assignment in Elkins which should be interesting and we'll get another look at Vannata.

Shaping up nicely.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back