Stadium Redevelopments

Remove this Banner Ad

Your new setup does look good. It will set you back financially short term though. Look at Arsenal post Emirates Stadium - if they didn't have Wenger's nous in the transfer market they really would've struggled considering how little they could spend.
We've run at bloody net profits in the transfer windows and overall as a club for the past 4-6 years. A lot of that has been pre work to finance this so that should help limit the Arsenal effect a bit. Plus the tv money has gone up at a higher rate than building costs since then also

We've run at bloody net profits in the transfer windows and overall as a club for the past 4-6 years. A lot of that has been pre work to finance this so that should help limit the Arsenal effect a bit. Plus the tv money has gone up at a higher rate than building costs since then also

Will be interesting to see what happens. I reckon Arsenal would've been stuffed without Wenger - he got them top 4 and was stil making profits in the next 6 windows after their stadium was completed.

Will be interesting to see what happens. I reckon Arsenal would've been stuffed without Wenger - he got them top 4 and was stil making profits in the next 6 windows after their stadium was completed.
A lot harder for us to get constant top 4s but the EPL brand is massive now so stadium rights and tv money for the league is much more lucrative now than it used to be

A lot harder for us to get constant top 4s but the EPL brand is massive now so stadium rights and tv money for the league is much more lucrative now than it used to be

Your new setup does look good. It will set you back financially short term though. Look at Arsenal post Emirates Stadium - if they didn't have Wenger's nous in the transfer market they really would've struggled considering how little they could spend.
Interesting the Emirates is mentioned, this isn't trying to s**t all over the Emirates, I watched a doco on how it was built and was impressed with how club/constructor/council worked in unison to get it built and the surrounding bridges etc... but alas the atmosphere isn't great, even small things like how long it took to erect the clock. Things add up and the focus needs to always be on making it feel like home as quick as possible.

From our club director to L'equipe: Tottenham’s Donna-Maria Cullen was asked for comment, and told L’Equipe: “The atmosphere of an enclosure depends very much on its architecture. We work to optimise that in the new stadium, working especially with the team that manages the acoustics of U2 concerts.

“That is why, for example, the corners of the stadium will be closed, unlike the Emirates. In addition, we insisted to the architects that the stands be close, as at White Hart Lane. In our stadium, the pitch will be five metres closer to the fans than it is at the Emirates.”

I do like that they're actively trying to learn from the problems of those that have trail blazed previously and it's obvious that fan proximity is part of the Emirates problem, at either end fans are some distance away from the pitch. I do also hope they learn from West Ham who've had problems with fan allocation. Fans that used to be grouped together at the Boleyn are now separated, whereas before they had sections for standing, sections for day trippers, sections for those that want to sing and create atmosphere and areas for families with kids who want a quieter and more peaceful experience. Now they're all over the shop. I hope that's not the case here.

Interesting the Emirates is mentioned, this isn't trying to s**t all over the Emirates, I watched a doco on how it was built and was impressed with how club/constructor/council worked in unison to get it built and the surrounding bridges etc... but alas the atmosphere isn't great, even small things like how long it took to erect the clock. Things add up and the focus needs to always be on making it feel like home as quick as possible.

From our club director to L'equipe: Tottenham’s Donna-Maria Cullen was asked for comment, and told L’Equipe: “The atmosphere of an enclosure depends very much on its architecture. We work to optimise that in the new stadium, working especially with the team that manages the acoustics of U2 concerts.

“That is why, for example, the corners of the stadium will be closed, unlike the Emirates. In addition, we insisted to the architects that the stands be close, as at White Hart Lane. In our stadium, the pitch will be five metres closer to the fans than it is at the Emirates.”

I do like that they're actively trying to learn from the problems of those that have trail blazed previously and it's obvious that fan proximity is part of the Emirates problem, at either end fans are some distance away from the pitch. I do also hope they learn from West Ham who've had problems with fan allocation. Fans that used to be grouped together at the Boleyn are now separated, whereas before they had sections for standing, sections for day trippers, sections for those that want to sing and create atmosphere and areas for families with kids who want a quieter and more peaceful experience. Now they're all over the shop. I hope that's not the case here.
By all reports the club is working with 1882 already so would imagine they'd continue to do so

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah initially it'll be 3 games a year. Eventually could be a ground share for a London based NFL team with WHL and Wembley hosting 3-4 games each.
Well, we're just a step closer then:
latest

(Like the little country identifer oval used there as well)

I'm still wondering how the heck would this even work. I think they had plans for a Sydney(Pfft) team as well. I get Super Rugby, but at least the teams are all over the place, with 5 nations and it being split between the hemispheres (the Sunwolves being the exception. It won't be the case in the NFL though.

London to the east of the us isn't that massive a flight. Plus with bye weeks potential 10 day break between games (thurs-tues) scheduling it'll be pretty easily managed

Pitch is too far away from the supporters. But I guess it has to be with all the crap the NFL needs pitchside.
NFL dimensions are smaller than football. Behind the goals it's as close to the pitch as the current stadium. Wings look slightly further away when it's configured for football and then even further away when it's marked out for NFL

Well, we're just a step closer then:
latest

(Like the little country identifer oval used there as well)

I'm still wondering how the heck would this even work. I think they had plans for a Sydney(Pfft) team as well. I get Super Rugby, but at least the teams are all over the place, with 5 nations and it being split between the hemispheres (the Sunwolves being the exception. It won't be the case in the NFL though.
that actually looks like stamford bridge

NFL dimensions are smaller than football. Behind the goals it's as close to the pitch as the current stadium. Wings look slightly further away when it's configured for football and then even further away when it's marked out for NFL
Ill have to see when it's built. The sidelines looked very far away from the fans. Nothing worse than killing atmosphere than a break between the pitch to the fans. I hate stadiums with running tracks for that reason.

Ill have to see when it's built. The sidelines looked very far away from the fans. Nothing worse than killing atmosphere than a break between the pitch to the fans. I hate stadiums with running tracks for that reason.
Are you talking about when Spurs are playing or the NFL franchise? It's been specifically designed so that the crowd are very close when Spurs are playing. I'd assume for NFL it wont be as the dimension of the pitch is much narrower

Are you talking about when Spurs are playing or the NFL franchise? It's been specifically designed so that the crowd are very close when Spurs are playing. I'd assume for NFL it wont be as the dimension of the pitch is much narrower
I guess we will see, that video was deceiving. Good luck with it. Ground sharing is a horrible idea reserved for smaller clubs who need money. So Spurs play at NFL's London's home stadium. That's nice I guess.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back