Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

M_rash

Club Legend
Jan 20, 2016
AFL Club
Fremantle
My buddy Spurr telling everybody how it is - Freo will play finals this year! Get excited peeps - the lid is off!!! Shout it from the roof tops, and we'll still manage to surprise the rest of the competition when we return to September action :rolleyes:

"We're aiming to play finals – that's our goal – and as (coach) Ross (Lyon) has mentioned where you aim is where you land"

http://m.afl.com.au/news/2017-01-06...y-offfield-incidents-says-lee-spurr.mobileapp

This made me laugh.

16e541921f78f009baa651f458c6199b.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My buddy Spurr telling everybody how it is - Freo will play finals this year! Get excited peeps - the lid is off!!! Shout it from the roof tops, and we'll still manage to surprise the rest of the competition when we return to September action :rolleyes:

"We're aiming to play finals – that's our goal – and as (coach) Ross (Lyon) has mentioned where you aim is where you land"

http://m.afl.com.au/news/2017-01-06...y-offfield-incidents-says-lee-spurr.mobileapp
There's a couple of nice pre-season cliches in that article but here's the gold medal winner for the week.
http://www.afl.com.au/news/2017-01-...o-speed-development-of-mids-says-mitch-duncan

Here's a couple of my favourite pre-season cliches.
1. Consistency
A. Inconsist players declare they are suddenly going to become more consistent.

"...Duncan, Cam Guthrie, Mark Blicavs and Steve Motlop, needed to become more consistent... blah blah blah"

B. Good player declares he can be gooderer if he can be good more often.
"All Australian selection is not out of the question if he plays consistently at the high level he's capable of playing... blah blah blah"

2. HBF'ers and HFF'ers declare they want to spend more time in the middle.
"If other guys can then get through there we are going to have more development through the middle."

3. Midfielders declare they need to push forward to snag some more sausage rolls.
"Paddy and Joel are predominantly midfielders, but if one of them can push forward... blah blah blah"

4. Finally my all time favourite... Player declares that he just wants to... well the quote says it all.
"I just want to earn the respect of my teammates and things like [All-Australian] cap off a good year... blah blah blah"

God, I love the pre-season.

Funny how a lot of us would love to see him in there, but then Spurr talks about S.Hill and Neale as young blokes knocking on the leadership team door. Does anyone think maybe son son doesn't want to be in the group? He rarely gets mentioned by other players, but I think RTB has mentioned him before...?
I think he is showing every sign that he is champing. I'm reluctant to add that Ryan Daniels was just on 7 news reporting that son son will be elevated to the leadership group and that was just after the lead into their sports report by Barich with "an injured eagle takes to the sea and gets help from some dolphins....."
IMG_0813.JPG

I think he is showing every sign that he is champing. I'm reluctant to add that Ryan Daniels was just on 7 news reporting that son son will be elevated to the leadership group and that was just after the lead into their sports report by Barich with "an injured eagle takes to the sea and gets help from some dolphins....."
View attachment 325631
Any unicorns or seahorses sighted

AFL.com rates our midfield as the 5th best in the league - and the weagles at 9th (lack of pace and depth). Hopefully our midfield can carry us back up into finals contention.

5. FREMANTLE
B: Tommy Sheridan, Joel Hamling, Lee Spurr
HB: Michael Johnson, Alex Pearce, Garrick Ibbotson
C: Bradley Hill, Lachie Neale, Stephen Hill
HF: Harley Bennell,
Cam McCarthy, Danyle Pearce
F:
Michael Walters, Michael Apeness, Hayden Ballantyne
Foll: Aaron Sandilands, Nat Fyfe, David Mundy
I/C: Lachie Weller, Connor Blakely
, Griffin Logue, Darcy Tucker

Depth

Midfield: Harley Balic, Zac Clarke, Sean Darcy, Jon Griffin, Ed Langdon, Nick Suban, Josh Deluca
Forwards:
Brennan Cox, Hayden Crozier, Shane Kersten, Matt Taberner, Luke Strnadica
Defenders: Sam Collins, Zac Dawson, Ethan Hughes, Luke Ryan, Cam Sutcliffe, Taylin Duman, Brady Grey, Ryan Nyhuis, Matthew Uebergang

Fremantle's starting centre square set up is arguably the best in the game, with a dominant ruckman in Aaron Sandilands and three genuine ball magnets in Nat Fyfe, Lachie Neale and David Mundy. Throw in the ball carrying ability at speed of Stephen and Bradley Hill, Danyle Pearce, and – fingers crossed for the Dockers – Harley Bennell, and Ross Lyon's unit looks fantastic. With Michael Walters also set for more midfield time, and young stars Lachie Weller, Darcy Tucker and Connor Blakely showing some great signs this year too, depth at Freo isn't an issue.

No way D Pearce should be in that starting 22 imo

(Log in to remove this ad.)

:mad:
So he claims it's OK because he was invited in an official capacity as Trade minister. Who invited him? Why are they not footing the bill for travel expenses if they wanted him to attend.

Or is it more likely the AFL just gave a quota of tickets to the government and these greedy *ers thought great stuff we can charge the taxpayer for our travel expenses. There are some really serious issues going on in the world right now that need addressing but if an electorate has no faith/trust in their representatives the whole democratic process just falls down before it even gets going. This is an important issue and could and should be fixed quickly.

After round 4 yes we did.
Remember before our first win, the media were starting to seriously question if we were tanking. Those 3 wins in a row threw them off the scent just enough to get our desired result. Ross deserves some credit for that - especially when McCarthy and Logue become dominant forces within the AFL :cool:

Remember before our first win, the media were starting to seriously question if we were tanking. Those 3 wins in a row threw them off the scent just enough to get our desired result. Ross deserves some credit for that - especially when McCarthy and Logue become dominant forces within the AFL :cool:

And our last win against the premiers put the rest of it to bed (even though it was a nothing game)

But hey - you're only as good as your last game, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back