Peptides! The *Essendrug Dopers: come smell the bull****! -PART 2

Remove this Banner Ad

This guy has also forgotten to dilute....

https://scarcesense.wordpress.com/2017/01/07/a-divisive-figure/

My brain hurts...
Yeah, I started reading that last night too...but I got to this part and stopped.

"Hird is not a ‘divisive figure’, at least not under any reasonable assessment of the facts. Sure there will be many who hate his mere existence – probably jealous Collingwood or Hawthorn supporters"

Your arguments are pretty non-existent when you decide to say people are just jealous.

My brain hurts...
And that's one reason why they haven't recovered. No accountability at any level so if no problem is acknowledged well conveniently there is none to be fixed. It may sound weird but fans and members are the last line in the check and balance to the extent any exists at club land (Hawk merger for example) and if the fans put dribble out, well rightly or wrongly, the bubble world continues.

I can't tell if you're actually being serious?

Let me guess, when you found out Roughead had cancer you were all over the 'bigger than football' sentiment that was flowing?

Very different stories. Roughie's illness is certainly not any fault of his own, a potential tragedy to have such a young man die so young. While Hird taking his own life would also be a tragedy, there is still the unresolved truth. As hard as the truth might be, it should not be suppressed when it impacts so many others and is essentially the facts of a crime.

Yeah, I started reading that last night too...but I got to this part and stopped.

"Hird is not a ‘divisive figure’, at least not under any reasonable assessment of the facts. Sure there will be many who hate his mere existence – probably jealous Collingwood or Hawthorn supporters"

Your arguments are pretty non-existent when you decide to say people are just jealous.

Why would Hawthorn fans be jealous of Hird? Even Poppy has more premierships than him - there isn't anyone remotely associated with the Hawks that would look at Hird and think "oh man what I would give to have what he had in football".

Very different stories. Roughie's illness is certainly not any fault of his own, a potential tragedy to have such a young man die so young. While Hird taking his own life would also be a tragedy, there is still the unresolved truth. As hard as the truth might be, it should not be suppressed when it impacts so many others and is essentially the facts of a crime.
Don't try and tie the two situations together.

My brain hurts...

"Jealous Hawthorn fans..."???!!! :huh:

Jealous of Essendon???
What exactly are we supposed to be jealous of? Their smaller membership? Their precarious financial position? Their horrible home ground? Their well-deserved reputation for being unethical cheats? Their wooden spoon???

Now before some wild-eyed Scum fan starts frothing at the mouth about 16 premierships, let me remind them that 6 of those were won before Hawthorn joined the League in 1925. Two of those 6 did not even include a grand final. So since Hawthorn joined Essendon in the League, the premiership tally is 13 to 10 our way. Whatever you won in 1897 is hardly relevant now.

Back to the article. He clams Hird is not the "evil mastermind" which may even be true. However the facts are that Essendon tried to gain an unfair advantage by bending the rules, which is commonly known as cheating. James Hird was a key figure in that process. If Hird wasn't the mastermind, then he was a willing pawn, an incompetent desperado consumed by hate who allowed himself to be exploited by an "evil mastermind".

Nobody wants to see a public figure self-harming, but I hope recent events do not cause history to be re-written.

"Jealous Hawthorn fans..."???!!! :huh:

Jealous of Essendon???
What exactly are we supposed to be jealous of? Their smaller membership? Their precarious financial position? Their horrible home ground? Their well-deserved reputation for being unethical cheats? Their wooden spoon???

Their bowls club is pretty good.......

On SM-G935F using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm jealous of James Hird.
I would have quite enjoyed destroying Essendrug* from the inside but that dirty selfish campaigner eyed orange tripod went ahead and had all the fun without me.
You know it's all about Albert, he couldn't risk you stealing his thunder

I thought we had come to a point where we understood each others points of view. I'm not sure why you're trying to fan the flames again, or is this still about something else?
You're the one who originally brought Roughead into the conversation, and when someone has referenced that, you've basically said NOT to bring Roughead into the conversation, and then given some sarcastic advice about seeing a doctor when he explained why he mentioned Roughead.

No-one is fanning the flames, just asking you to be reasonable.

You're the one who originally brought Roughead into the conversation, and when someone has referenced that, you've basically said NOT to bring Roughead into the conversation, and then given some sarcastic advice about seeing a doctor when he explained why he mentioned Roughead.

No-one is fanning the flames, just asking you to be reasonable.
Oh gosh, the whole mod squad is now on board.

I'm happy to move on if you guys are. I'm not the one who started this whole thing off again, but happy to keep it going if you're bored.

How about you focus on the people that think someone should kill themselves rather than continuing with this line?

How about you focus on the people that think someone should kill themselves rather than continuing with this line?

I'll carry on as I see fit, champ...

The righteous indignation that Hird prompts every time he enters a conversation is another reason I resent the Essendrug saga.

So what is your take on the whole situation? I'm sure our opinions are pretty similar and your view is a moderate one.
My take is that everyone has a different view, and that they're all valid; no-one has said they hope Hird dies; from what I gather, most people want him to get better, On the other hand, the other opinion being expressed is that people don't want his current situation to suddenly elevate him back to sainthood so that his contribution to the mess he created doesn't get whitewashed.

If people have different levels of sympathy for Hird, so be it. It's not our job to choose a set standard of feelings on Hird which we deem in line with our 'approved' angle.

Ultimately, the recent situation has muddied the waters about what this thread is about, but it will carry on in some way, I expect, until we get some actual truth out of them regarding the drug program

This is still the Essendon drug scandal thread, and it will come back to that in due course, after the current situation has settled down

Remove this Banner Ad

Back