80​
-​
-​
78​
-​
Sorrento​
Cups WR​

Last edited:
Practice putting at home. Never underestimate the importance of being able to putt straight from 10ft.
Practice short game chip at home.

Benefits will be massive

I'm one of those weirdos who actually doesn't really like going to the range. Would much prefer to hit the chipping and putting green for 90min than I would the range. I find I make more progress (quicker and more efficiently) on the practice chipping and putting greens than I do spending hours on the range.

Changed my grip and takeaway 2 weeks ago though...so have had to go to the range and try and grind it in. Keep hitting the ball out of the bottom of the club which is a pain.

I'm one of those weirdos who actually doesn't really like going to the range. Would much prefer to hit the chipping and putting green for 90min than I would the range. I find I make more progress (quicker and more efficiently) on the practice chipping and putting greens than I do spending hours on the range.

Changed my grip and takeaway 2 weeks ago though...so have had to go to the range and try and grind it in. Keep hitting the ball out of the bottom of the club which is a pain.

Agree on the range, have been to one in 15 years (that was in Fiji)
I need to practice my chipping more tho

Practice putting at home. Never underestimate the importance of being able to putt straight from 10ft.
Practice short game chip at home.

Benefits will be massive

good advice. looking at parts of my carpet there are little raises in it due to (a) poor quality and or (b) someone (me) pushed heavy objects along hence its wrinkling. would make putting interesting

Wiped my first two holes today, terrible start, then completely ran out of legs with 4 holes to go. Played in a group of 4. Me and a mate walking and two blokes in a cart. Trying to keep up in the heat was hard yakka.

Need to try play/practice more. When I took up the game I was addicted to it and would go hit balls at any opportunity. Now it's hard to find the motivation outside of playing outside of competition times.
I had 15pts on the front then went birdie, bogey, par on 10, 11 and 12 for 9pts. I washed 5 of the last six holes. Finding it hard to motivate myself to practice. I have the time. Also, the last three weeks of golf since I hurt my back on holidays at the Gold Coast have been disastrous. The chiro hasn't been able to fix the pain in my left tricep so I am thinking I might of strained the muscle. Me thinks I should take a break.

good advice. looking at parts of my carpet there are little raises in it due to (a) poor quality and or (b) someone (me) pushed heavy objects along hence its wrinkling. would make putting interesting

What is it stimping at?

Played today. Really really struggling with these swing/grip changes on my irons, I just can't seem to strike the ball at all. Everything is out of the bottom of the club.

One guy in my group gave up after 8 today and I was about to do the same after 9 (for the first time ever) but one of the guys convinced me to stay. Was 14 points after 9 (with a birdie on 9). Ended up shooting 21 points on the back with another 3 birdies for a 35...never give up people.

The ball striking is still trash but my tee shots and short game carried me.

Played today. Really really struggling with these swing/grip changes on my irons, I just can't seem to strike the ball at all. Everything is out of the bottom of the club.

One guy in my group gave up after 8 today and I was about to do the same after 9 (for the first time ever) but one of the guys convinced me to stay. Was 14 points after 9 (with a birdie on 9). Ended up shooting 21 points on the back with another 3 birdies for a 35...never give up people.

The ball striking is still trash but my tee shots and short game carried me.

Why did you change swing/grip?

Why did you change swing/grip?

When I was at setup and at the beginning of my swing I was pushing my hand/wrists outwards and bowing my wrists...so by the top of the backswing my wrists were so bowed and my clubface was so far shut my coach didn't know how I was able to hit the ball. He basically said that during my swing I was recognising the fault and moving to compensate...he said I have extremely good hand eye coordination to do whatever it is I was doing.

Anyway he had me change my grip, fix my takeaway and get a bit more weight towards my toes at setup (I was very much on my heels).

The grip is just a time thing I think and I'm hoping it will improve. I completely changed my putting grip about 2yrs ago and it felt strange for about a month and was fine afterwards. The takeaway swing change is a big struggle at the moment. I'm having another lesson in a week or two.

EDIT: part of the reason I had the lesson is because I was hitting everything left. My alignment was fine. Setup, grip, swing the issue.

On twitter there are videos from a web.com tour competition that is currently underway. The winds are so strong that players are hitting 6 irons into 80m par 3s.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

46 would be about right for 2BBB wouldn't it? Is that format a pairs thing? Killing it if it were single stableford.

46 would be am ambrose score minimum one may think.

single score, off 19, its possible of course. only
HirdsTheWord can answer

46 would be am ambrose score minimum one may think.

single score, off 19, its possible of course. only
HirdsTheWord can answer

Ah. I thought 2BBB was where you just take the best persons stableford score for the hole. So not necessarily the case that he shot 9 over. Would be an epic single stableford score.

Ah. I thought 2BBB was where you just take the best persons stableford score for the hole. So not necessarily the case that he shot 9 over. Would be an epic single stableford score.

I think 2bbb is as you described it.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Mornington GC. Hear about great views, but I was left deflated. Can see Melb skyline, which is cool, but overall vista? shugs shoulders.

The course itself was patchy in parts on fairways. Bare patches, dirt, hard. Bunkers not great either, onconsistent sand levels. Tee boxes were not well maintained, weeds here and there and grass that resembles what we grew up with in backyards. a touch long.

Fairways slope all the time laterally, meaning you aim to land high, it ends up lower. Feel for members there in this case, it's not the fairest.

greens are ok. slow for me, but that's a personal thing. Like saying something is too salty, when according to your mate it's not salty enough. So yeah, gets a pass.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back