Religion The God Question - part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

It's nice to see an acknowledgement from you that all our knowledge/wisdom flows from man's understanding....Which is ultimately, but one aspect of consciousness.

I knew you'd come to the light, eventually podgey.:thumbsu:

You are either a troll or you arent too bright. Why do you think nothing in science is a "proven fact"? and everything is a theory that can be falsified? humans know very little and its radicals like you who turn against science while claiming to be knowing the objective truth.

Having said that i will put my faith in science ahead of anything you have ever written or claimed.

Being a man how can you something outside of a man? you got nothing, despite asking for evidence time and again you came back with nothing but ad-homs. If you are a part of a system how is it possible for you to know outside of the system? laws of thermodynamics will not allow that, but yeah keep claiming the objective truths, based on god of gaps.. :drunk:

You are either a troll or you aren't too bright. Why do you think nothing in science is a "proven fact"? and everything is a theory that can be falsified? humans know very little and its radicals like you who turn against science while claiming to be knowing the objective truth.

Having said that i will put my faith in science ahead of anything you have ever written or claimed.

Being a man how can you something outside of a man? you got nothing, despite asking for evidence time and again you came back with nothing but ad-homs. If you are a part of a system how is it possible for you to know outside of the system? laws of thermodynamics will not allow that, but yeah keep claiming the objective truths, based on god of gaps.. :drunk:

Blah, blah, blah....Keep trying.:straining:

Blah, blah, blah....Keep trying.:straining:
Just pointing out the obvious hypocrisy in your post, science doesnt state "objective truth" anywhere. No scientist will ever tell you that. As i said before only bitter fundies like you would like to claim that.

Just pointing out the obvious hypocrisy in your post, science doesnt state "objective truth" anywhere. No scientist will ever tell you that. As i said before only bitter fundies like you would like to claim that.

Nah....I'm a happy-go-lucky, chilled-out moderate.:thumbsu:

Nah....I'm a happy-go-lucky, chilled-out moderate.:thumbsu:
Nah,, you are at war with science/scientists, despite claiming to be knowledgeable in philosophy, you dont seem to understand that they can co-exist together. Read up on eastern philosophies

Ironically, this is another example of why reform is needed.

C1HaWkBXAAAUyS2.jpg:large

I don't know if God exists. Would hope so but sometimes doubt it.

What I don't get about Religious Fundamentalists is how they absolve themselves from wandering through the s**t of life because some book or some guy told them they were the chosen ones or do this and you have an A 1 ticket to the future. People need to figure things out for themselves while holding onto a modicum of human decency. Seriously if you need the Bible/Torah/Koran to tell you not to go or to go on a shooting spree I question your sanity.

Religion in itself is a Cult. Good or bad in whatever belief system that is what it is. Unquestioning belief and I guess a sense of collective madness. Why? What is it about humanity that seeks that crutch? Fear? Hopelessness about the world? Lack of power? I don't know.

Why do people, all people just believe stuff (and not just Religion) without verification? Gut feel? Safety? What we want to feel? Those that feed existential human needs? I don't know.

bollocks ...

thats a big claim

There is literally no evidence, ever, to suggest there is a god. If you think otherwise please share with us what this evidence is.

As for the alien intervention theory - whilst I personally don't believe it the possibility of this being true is higher than there being some all-powerful all-knowing and all-loving god. The galaxy is so large it is simply incomprehensible to our tiny brains, therefore there are surely endless possibilities out there.

There is literally no evidence, ever, to suggest there is a god. If you think otherwise please share with us what this evidence is.

As for the alien intervention theory - whilst I personally don't believe it the possibility of this being true is higher than there being some all-powerful all-knowing and all-loving god. The galaxy is so large it is simply incomprehensible to our tiny brains, therefore there are surely endless possibilities out there.

source?

sportsbet.com ??

source?

sportsbet.com ??

The fact we exist suggest that intelligent life can exist in this galaxy (having said that, upon reading this forum and in particular these threads I question whether we can really classify ourselves as an intelligent species).

Given the universe is impossibly huge, with millions upon millions of galaxies out there, each containing millions upon millions of planets, suns and stars within each of these galaxies - by sheer weight of numbers, and drawing upon the fact we ourselves exist, it shows that life is sustainable. Among those trillions upon trillions of planets and stars there is likely to be planets like ours with similar atmospheric conditions, which could sustain life. And that is only for life forms similar to our own - there could be other kinds of life.

I suspect we will never confirm this in our lifetime (as in whether there is life out there) - but the chances that there is is much much higher than the fairytale stories in the bible being true. Or that there is some all-knowing omnipresent god that created all of this.

As the chance that this imaginary god is real is 0%, the theory that we were seeded is higher than 0% given the above, therefore it is more likely. Personally I don't believe in either theory (alien plant or god).

Or cynically I could just use your arguments for the existence of god and say I know this and you'll just have to believe me because I have faith.

Last edited:
The fact we exist suggest that intelligent life can exist in this galaxy (having said that, upon reading this forum and in particular these threads I question whether we can really classify ourselves as an intelligent species).

Given the galaxy is impossibly huge, with millions upon millions of galaxies out there, each containing millions upon millions of planets, suns and stars within each of these galaxies - by sheer weight of numbers, and drawing upon the fact we ourselves exist, it shows that life is sustainable. Among those trillions upon trillions of planets and stars there is likely planets like ours with similar atmospheric conditions, which could sustain life. And that is only for life forms similar to our own - there could be other kinds of life.

I suspect we will never confirm this in our lifetime (as in whether there is life out there) - but the chances that there is is much much higher than the fairytale stories in the bible being true. Or that there is some all-knowing omnipresent god that created all of this.

Be that as it may, all we have is the earth, ourselves & the here & now.

Religion attempts to make sense of what there is. And a theodicy attempts to explain the seeming wonder & miracle of our existence & our self-conscious awareness of it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Be that as it may, all we have is the earth, ourselves & the here & now.

Religion attempts to make sense of what there is. And a theodicy attempts to explain the seeming wonder & miracle of our existence & our self-conscious awareness of it.

Great, that makes me all warm and fuzzy to hear.

The difference is that religion attempts to explain things - extremely poorly as has been proven many times over. Whilst science actually does explain things - with actual evidence and facts.

Great, that makes me all warm and fuzzy to hear.

The difference is that religion attempts to explain things - extremely poorly as has been proven many times over. Whilst science actually does explain things - with actual evidence and facts.

No....Religion attempts to foster an ethical remedy to the problem of our being....Of a right course of actions & behaviors towards ourselves, our fellow human beings & the world....Science is completely neutral in that respect....Otherwise, we wouldn't have nuclear bombs amigo.:thumbsu:

No....Religion attempts to foster an ethical remedy to the problem of our being....Of a right course of actions & behaviors towards ourselves, our fellow human beings & the world....Science is completely neutral in that respect....Otherwise, we wouldn't have nuclear bombs amigo.:thumbsu:

Haha. People made the nuclear bomb(s), people with agendas.

Science didn't make them.

Science explains the how and whys, not some fable or fairytale stories written by uneducated desert nomads two thousand years ago.

If you wish to take the moral high ground shall we start on the fact Hitler was a Christian, or maybe the holy crusades. In short, more people have died in the name of someone elses god than anything else in our entire history.

Your comments about being ethical, how to behave, etc. are completely redundant. I know how to behave towards others and I didn't need a bunch of fairytale stories to tell me how to do it.

Last edited:
Haha. People made the nuclear bomb(s), people with agendas.

Science didn't make them.

Science explains the how and whys, not some fable or fairytale stories written by uneducated desert nomads two thousand years ago.

If you wish to take the moral high ground shall we start on the fact Hitler was a Christian, or maybe the holy crusades. In short, more people have did in the name of someone elses god than anything else in our entire history.

Your comments about being ethical, how to behave, etc. are completely redundant. I know how to behave towards others and I didn't need a bunch of fairytale stories to tell me how to do it.

No scientists, no bombs....Stop with the nonsense.

If these science geeks had any moral compass whatsoever, then they wouldn't turn a blind-eye to the ends of their work....Which is human destruction on a world-wide scale.

Enough with your apologist nonsense.

No scientists, no bombs....Stop with the nonsense.

If these science geeks had any moral compass whatsoever, then they wouldn't turn a blind-eye to the ends of their work....Which is human destruction on a world-wide scale.

Enough with your apologist nonsense.

Hahaha, no religion = no holy wars, no deaths in the name of phantom gods, no 'holy' cruisades, no Hitler doing 'the work of god.' No Islam, no Sharia law. No persecution of homosexuals, etc. etc.

We can go down this path for longer than you can.

People have the agendas. People can use science to further their agendas. Science doesn't kill or persecute people in the name of science, people kill and persecute people in the name of religion - with the aid of science. However people kill and persecute others in the name of their gods.

You have nothing to offer this debate if that is your crowning point.

Hahaha, no religion = no holy wars, no deaths in the name of phantom gods, no 'holy' cruisades, no Hitler doing 'the work of god.' No Islam, no Sharia law. No persecution of homosexuals, etc. etc.

We can go down this path for longer than you can.

People have the agendas. People can use science to further their agendas. Science doesn't kill or persecute people in the name of science, people kill and persecute people in the name of religion - with the aid of science.

You have nothing to offer this debate if that is your crowning point.

Only science can now exterminate our entire planet, by putting bombs in the hands of fundamentalist whack-jobs....YEAY science.:drunk:

Only science can now exterminate our entire planet, by putting bombs in the hands of fundamentalist whack-jobs....YEAY science.:drunk:

If they weren't fundamentalist whackjobs - or more to the point - if there was no religion to foster the fundamentalist whackjobs, then there would be no bombs or need to worry about such bombs existing.

Who will use these bombs, the Religious nutters or the scientists? Answer that and you have the answer to your ridiculous argument.

Going by your warped logic here I could very well go out and shoot someone and expect that the manufacturer or inventor of the gun would cop the charge.

On second reading I can't truly fathom how you would try to peddle that pathetic argument.

Let's scrap all science because someone invented some bombs.

Let's hold science accountable for the actions of the scientists and people involved in those projects. The actions of people, with their agendas.

Just absolutely baffling stuff.

On second reading I can't truly fathom how you would try to peddle that pathetic argument.

Let's scrap all science because someone invented some bombs.

Let's hold science accountable for the actions of the scientists and people involved in those projects. The actions of people, with their agendas.

Just absolutely baffling stuff.

What is truly baffling, actually....Is how you've managed to turn a simple thread of 'ask a Christian' into a universal hate-filled polemic against all religion.

Get some help dude.

What is truly baffling, actually....Is how you've managed to turn a simple thread of 'ask a Christian' into a universal hate-filled polemic against all religion.

Get some help dude.

Nice deflection.

In other words you have no answers and cannot support that rubbish argument.

LoL....I have no desire to appease your ego by exposing your generalized stereotypical fallacies minion.

And lo, ye cast yet another deflection.

Prove me wrong, please. Don't offer me this 'I could pwnt you right now if I wanted but I just don't wanna.' No one is buying it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back