Teams Carolina Panthers - Cardiac Cats

Remove this Banner Ad

Genuinely hope McDermott gets a HC gig. Whilst he would be a huge loss, the man deserves it. Has missed out narrowly over the past year or two for other vacancies & Rivera can't speak highly enough of him. The bloke deserves it.

Before a fan from another team reads it, please delete your post. Last season was not a fluke. It was a culmination of a good rebuild after the debacle of the 2010 season. We may have got excessive value out of it despite the SB loss. But it was no fluke. Our place as the leading NFC team, and even tye notion of being the best team despite not winning the sb, was of merit

Nope. It didn't amount to nothing. Maybe it did if you're only worried about getting a SB win. But there's more to it than that.

In the months afterwards, I was frustrated as well. Because it was a great opportunity. But last season was a whole lot of fun to follow. Racking up the wins, it was great. There's not too many fans that can say they were confident their team was going to get in as early as week 3. Even the Patsies.

Flogging Atlanta, then giving them a freebie win. Dismantling Seattle, before letting them think they're a chance with a close finish. Then belting the cocky Cardinals. They still haven't gotten over it.

We've seen it too many times before, in the NFL, AFL, and other competitions. The leading team doesn't always win the final. There's more to it than the known factors.

Following an expansion team, in their best season was exciting. Idk if you guys follow motorsport. But I prefer to compare it to Fernando Alonso finishing 2nd in the F1 title in 2010&12. In a weaker car, finishing so close to 1st in the best car. It actually increased his reputation overall.

Atlanta have a longer history. And maybe in two weeks, they'll overtake us in status in the division and the whole league. I don't mean for that to come across badly if you're an Atlanta fan.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Agree with umpy.... it was just a nightmare of year, form wise, injury wise to important players, rookies starting at important positions on D, harder schedule. Lets not throw the baby out with the bath water just yet. I was hoping to make another run at it just like you BB but it didnt happen for a variety of reasons. Gettleman and Ron deserve another chance after building us up from nothing to something only not so long ago. Im 87.367% certain they will get it right.

Agree with umpy.... it was just a nightmare of year, form wise, injury wise to important players, rookies starting at important positions on D, harder schedule. Lets not throw the baby out with the bath water just yet. I was hoping to make another run at it just like you BB but it didnt happen for a variety of reasons. Gettleman and Ron deserve another chance after building us up from nothing to something only not so long ago. Im 87.367% certain they will get it right.

I honestly expected a bit of a down year but last in the NFC South I didn't expect. We've only had 2 winning seasons under Ron and everything that came out of his mouth during this season was utter crap. Yes we had a ton of injuries but I'm really disappointed with how the Organization went about this season.

Idk how you can have such high expectations for a team that hasn't won a SB in its history. it's actually a pretty good history without a win. Last season is as good as you can get without winning the sb. It's actually better than going 18-0 then losing the SB. Because going 18-0 then losing the SB is just stupid.

Idk how you can have such high expectations for a team that hasn't won a SB in its history. it's actually a pretty good history without a win. Last season is as good as you can get without winning the sb. It's actually better than going 18-0 then losing the SB. Because going 18-0 then losing the SB is just stupid.
If having high expectations after last season is wrong I don't know what to say.

Nah man. You're missing it. Yeah in America, they crap on about dynasties. But what I notice over there, when they're talking about sport. Is that they recognise individual teams and can separate seasons from one another, even though there's continuity from the previous season to the next. They recognise that as good as one season was, it doesn't mean success the following season.

We don't talk like that down here with footy. Over here, if you're within range of a GF, you're expected to be a chance for a number of years. How many people have given GWS this year's premiership already? And if you take Hawthorn's GF wins, there's no thought of distinguishing the 13, 14 & 15 sees as different teams. They're considered the one, whole team. Also with Hawthorn of the 80s, they're spoken about like it's the same bunch of blokes who won those GFs, even though there weren't that many common players. 91 is also included in that because it was close enough to the 80s.

I'm someone who thought they'd make the SB with no problem. But when I recognised early on that the wheels fell off, then I understood that it wasn't that easy for them. So it hasn't bothered me that much to miss out on playoffs.

Last season was like playing an awesome innings, then getting bowled for 99. It doesn't mean it wasn't a good innings or that you'll score 100 in the next innings. This season was like struggling to make 15. But it doesn't mean we're making 15 next time.

Man I knew this year wasn't going to replicate last year and I know we got hammered by injuries but I'm still so disappointed. I think I'm mostly disappointed with the off season we had after losing the SuperBowl. I think Gettleman needs a very good off season this year. We've got so many good pieces on our roster but we've also got a declining TD and a Kuechly who has real concussion issues. Not to mention Cam Newton has been well and truly rattled mentally. Our division will only get tougher too. Bring on the Draft and FA. Hopefully we can rebuild a bit of what we had in 2015/16 season.

I'll say this in the safety of this thread.

You know what shits me? You see the post from LA, on the Broncos thread, cracking a boner over the Miller strip sack fumble recovery TD.

How come helmet to helmet is never mentioned?

_20170208_160637.JPG

I mean honestly, you can't find pic of this anywhere. Every other moment before and after, but not this? :huh:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back