Hi

Remove this Banner Ad

Ross Oakley PI

Draftee
Jan 9, 2017
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Hi,

I'm new and this is my introduction thread. My screen name is Ross Oakley PI, because 'The Ghost of Ross Oakley' was too long.

I have joined big footy as I am planning a bucks party. The theme will be 'Old VFL Grounds' where we will tour the old haunts such as Victoria Park, Lake Oval, Princess Part etc. We plan to take a peek at the oval than head to the nearest pub for a frothy before heading to the next ground.

I want to find the pubs that were most frequented by fans after a win (or loss). This will be the theme of my post once I pass the three-day waiting list to post.

If anyone knows which pubs were notorious pubs for VFL supporters please let me know.

Ross PI

Welcome!

The Brickmakers Arm in Essendon used to the most frequented post-game haunt near Windy Hill, but that's a cafe/restaurant now.

The Great Northern is a ten minute walk from Princes Park and is a great pub. Likewise with the Carringbush and Victoria Park.

Welcome!

The Brickmakers Arm in Essendon used to the most frequented post-game haunt near Windy Hill, but that's a cafe/restaurant now.

The Great Northern is a ten minute walk from Princes Park and is a great pub. Likewise with the Carringbush and Victoria Park.

Thanks Doss, great tip. I will be flying in early from Adelaide so maybe The Brickmakers Arm for breakfast.

The Carringbush sounds like an experience not to be missed.

Ross

Thanks Doss, great tip. I will be flying in early from Adelaide so maybe The Brickmakers Arm for breakfast.

The Carringbush sounds like an experience not to be missed.

Ross
The Bricky is in Essendon so yes, pretty close to the airport. Get the pork belly and eggs, you won't regret it.

Carringbush is a very good pub, yep. Great Northern often has some pretty sensational beers on tap though; if you like weird beers and lots of them, that's the joint for you. A nice big signed guernsey of Chris Judd adorns the wall next to the bar too.

As for others, well Richmond has the The Royal right opposite Punt Road Oval. It's...salt of the earth though. To put it one way.

The Bricky is in Essendon so yes, pretty close to the airport. Get the pork belly and eggs, you won't regret it.

Carringbush is a very good pub, yep. Great Northern often has some pretty sensational beers on tap though; if you like weird beers and lots of them, that's the joint for you. A nice big signed guernsey of Chris Judd adorns the wall next to the bar too.

As for others, well Richmond has the The Royal right opposite Punt Road Oval. It's...salt of the earth though. To put it one way.

Yes, I think I have seen the royal 9n the way out from the MCG car park.

You happen to know where a shinboner would drink?

Yes, I think I have seen the royal 9n the way out from the MCG car park.

You happen to know where a shinboner would drink?
The Leveson Hotel is a favourite stomping ground for Roos fans these days, but I'm less sure about where they drunk in the Arden Street days. Might need to ask a North fan.

Twinkletoes?

The Leveson Hotel is a favourite stomping ground for Roos fans these days, but I'm less sure about where they drunk in the Arden Street days. Might need to ask a North fan.

Twinkletoes?

The Royal Mail on Spencer St West Melbourne. It's owned by a North man and has the club colours painted out front. But there are others.

The Royal Mail on Spencer St West Melbourne. It's owned by a North man and has the club colours painted out front. But there are others.

I am currently living opposite the Arden St Oval. The closest pub is The Limerick Castle on the corner of Arden and Errol Streets. It's a good old fashioned pub with cheap parmas and steaks, as well as a TAB. It has a few North photos on the walls, including the 1977 and 1999 Premiership teams, and a signed Brent Harvey jumper on display.

I am currently living opposite the Arden St Oval. The closest pub is The Limerick Castle on the corner of Arden and Errol Streets. It's a good old fashioned pub with cheap parmas and steaks, as well as a TAB. It has a few North photos on the walls, including the 1977 and 1999 Premiership teams, and a signed Brent Harvey jumper on display.

Yep, as I said, there are others.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back