Votes: 6 21.4%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Week 11 PER rankings in.

Kanter at number 12 with 24.9

JaVale at number 22 with 23.0

Russ leads at 30.7

Not listed, Mudiay, Emmanuel

To get back on topic, I can think of one reason why Boston would have trouble with the Jazz and a few other teams in the playoffs, and it was perfectly illustrated in today's game against the Raptors.

It's the same reason why Atlanta continually fell flat against the Cavs in the playoffs.

To get back on topic, I can think of one reason why Boston would have trouble with the Jazz and a few other teams in the playoffs, and it was perfectly illustrated in today's game against the Raptors.

It's the same reason why Atlanta continually fell flat against the Cavs in the playoffs.
Was it a small sample size

7 games, in playoffs.

Not one game, regular season, at home, against the cavs on the 3rd game in 4 nights on the road.

Put it this way... Detroit won 3/4 against the cavs in the 15-16 regular season.
Toronto won 2/3

In the playoffs the Pistons got dispatched 4-0
and the Raptors were beaten 4-2 (but fairly convincingly)
The Jazz just have the Cavs number at home since LeBron went back to Cleveland.

The smallest sample size since some genius decided this provided indisputable proof of divine intervention.

Think Jonas Valanciunas, Tristan Thompson, Kevin Love.
Are u inferring that Kelly Olynyk is not a good big man

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Because they shot the lights out? Or because Horford has no interest at being a force in the paint?

Kids by many mothers

Strip clubs

Also true!

DeRozan had 41 today, but that's probably not the biggest reason the Raptors won today - Valanciunas had 23 rebounds, 11 offensive.

Here's the stats from Atlanta's two playoff whitewashes against the Cavs:

Here's where Atlanta finished in defensive rebounding in those years: 22nd & 25th

Currently Boston rank... 29th in defensive rebounding.

Now I'm not saying it's all Al Horford's fault, but you put he, Amir Johnson and Olynyk up against any competent offensive rebounding team... and there's going to be trouble.

Or because Horford has no interest at being a force in the paint?

Knew a Hawks fan wouldn't let me down.

A few months ago I posted about Al, he had bad back and shoulder injuries early in his career so he worked to change his game to avoid banging bodies every night to extend his career - he has done a great job of it. Our lack of 5 spot since like Kevin Willis era forced him to play the wrong role but anyway stuff is stuff. Dwight is still a monster in the paint and he doesnt even seem to try very hard to do it.

A few months ago I posted about Al, he had bad back and shoulder injuries early in his career so he worked to change his game to avoid banging bodies every night to extend his career - he has done a great job of it. Our lack of 5 spot since like Kevin Willis era forced him to play the wrong role but anyway stuff is stuff. Dwight is still a monster in the paint and he doesnt even seem to try very hard to do it.

Yep Al's still a great player, very efficient offensively and underrated defensively.

But it's not an accident that his teams usually struggle to stop opposing teams swamping them on the offensive glass. Not a big deal against some teams, but against the Cavs or theoretically the Jazz it spells trouble.

Also true!

DeRozan had 41 today, but that's probably not the biggest reason the Raptors won today - Valanciunas had 23 rebounds, 11 offensive.

Here's the stats from Atlanta's two playoff whitewashes against the Cavs:

Here's where Atlanta finished in defensive rebounding in those years: 22nd & 25th

Currently Boston rank... 29th in defensive rebounding.

Now I'm not saying it's all Al Horford's fault, but you put he, Amir Johnson and Olynyk up against any competent offensive rebounding team... and there's going to be trouble.

I let you down like DRose let the Knicks down

Not really but gotta get the mileage outta this

Back