Welcome Welcome National Draft Pick #44 - Myles Poholke

Remove this Banner Ad

Lets compare what West Coast got for Judd, what GWS got for Trelor and what Collingwood got for Beams to what we got for Danger.
Lets compare what we gave up for Seedsman and Hampton vs what we got for Lyons.

You've kind of proven my point, you think we are terrible traders and compare us to the field by cherry picking trades, that's confirmation bias. You're also only comparing those trades from the perspective of the team who won.

But if you compare Hampton to Lyons, we gave up 38 for Hampton, got 44 for Lyons not a huge amount of difference and Hampton has a lot more hype about him than Lyons does.

Lets say we paid a couple picks too high for Seedsman or Hampton, if you only have pick 32 and he's worth pick 40 what are you going to do? you already have 2 first round picks, you only plan on taking 2 picks at the draft, are you going to haggle for a couple days to get them to give you back a pick 70 that you have no intention of using and have no need for, or are you just going to get the deal done.

Yeah you've hit the nail on the head. Upside buys you a lot, Lyons is a solid footballer, but lacks upside. I think we got done a bit, but probably not by much. I was hoping a pick in the 20's, but really it would have need pants down laps around the table stuff.

At the end of the day I'm not too fussed, Lyons might have a reasonable career with GC, but i doubt we'll be ruing the day we let him go, similar to Wright and Kerrige.

I'm the same about the ruing comment. We seem to be pretty good at setting up trades that are win win. Maric to Richmond netted us Tom Lynch. I think both clubs would have been pretty happy and I was pretty happy for / with Maric at Richmond. Thus far Kedge has proven to be pretty good for Carlton, admitted we're yet to see how we'll go on our side of the bargain with that one. I didn't rue Mattner to Syd, we weren't using his style of play and they did. Stupid us on that one. I'll be happy for Hendo at Hawks, tho that one wasnt a trade. Obviously I dont count Gunston, Danger and Tippett as we were held over the barrel on those ones.

Guys.

Far be it for me to comment on these things but isn't this supposed to be a Myles Poholke thread?

I hope he, like many others, has a long career to play-out but, if he doesn't debut this year, no dramas.
If he does, good little reward.

Guys.

Far be it for me to comment on these things but isn't this supposed to be a Myles Poholke thread?

I hope he, like many others, has a long career to play-out but, if he doesn't debut this year, no dramas.
The discussion is sort of related, as we traded Lyons for the pick with which we got Poholke.

Guys.

you'll find most threads on this board basically read exactly the same

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Great pick, another mid

The Crows new Rookies and Draftees....Poholke and the others -

I've been looking through the Crows website and elsewhere online, but I'm still trying to get a good idea of what sort/style of player each of them are.

Key Position?
Inside Mid?
Ruck?
Outside Mid?
Inside/Outside Mid blend?

Just can't get a clear overview. If any of them, which are the best Outside-Run-and-Carry-Mids? Somewhat like Smithers and/or Seedsman? And can chase.

Just can't get a clear overview. If any of them, which are the best Outside-Run-and-Carry-Mids? Somewhat like Smithers and/or Seedsman? And can chase.
Signorello and Galluci both fit that description

Edit : Signorello very capable inside as an extractor as well if needed.

Last edited:
First instinct was to look to dish off a handball to a runner, (the simple option) whilst that was good seemed like he didn't want to make a huge error by kicking and risking a turnover.
Was like Sloaney in his 1st game where was obviously nervous & was keen to handball as soon as he gained possession.

Would like to see him play again this weekend, as think he will be more composed & we will see him kicking the ball more.

I've been looking through the Crows website and elsewhere online, but I'm still trying to get a good idea of what sort/style of player each of them are.

Key Position?
Inside Mid?
Ruck?
Outside Mid?
Inside/Outside Mid blend?

General gist:

Galluci - In/Out Mid
Poholke - Inside
Himmelburg - KPF/Ruck
Signorello - In/Out
Davis - Small-Mid Forward
Jarman - Small Forward.

Signorello and Galluci both fit that description

Edit : Signorello very capable inside as an extractor as well if needed.

General gist:

Galluci - In/Out Mid
Poholke - Inside
Himmelburg - KPF/Ruck
Signorello - In/Out
Davis - Small-Mid Forward
Jarman - Small Forward.

Ta.
It seems we've mainly gone for Mids, with a bit of flexibility to play other positions. Or at least it seems so.

good read, obviously a very switched on lad!

http://www.afc.com.au/news/2017-04-16/poholkes-grand-plan
Myles in the making

Drafted to Adelaide with the Club’s second pick at the 2016 National Draft, Poholke has already shown plenty of promise in his first few games as a Crow in the SANFL system. Poholke said he’s been leaning on several senior teammates to fast-track his own development.
“I’m trying to learn what I can from a variety of different people around the Club,” Poholke said.
“Scott Thompson has helped me with a lot of my body work and positioning on the inside. Rory Sloane has guided me with running patterns and how I can improve my work rate. “ROK (Ryan O’Keefe), Nathan van Berlo and Paul Thomas were all outstanding midfielders themselves so they’ve been fantastic for me so far. “Jordy Gallucci and I also try to help each other a lot, because we’re quite different players and we can give each other a few tips to become better balanced players.
“That’s just the way it is at the Club. Everyone is driving each other to constantly improve.”

Remove this Banner Ad

Back