RJ8812

Draftee
Jan 13, 2017
Canada
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Philadelphia Flyers
ah well, you'll just have to get a footy to kick around once all the snow melts :p

seeing as you're a new supporter I feel like we need to get you up to speed with some legendary Crows history... there's plenty of good and bad lol

this is one of my favourites, 200 gamer Ben "Truck" Rutten who kicked 3 goals with his first three kicks in AFL footy got on the end of this one for his last kick in his last game :thumbsu:

then to keep with the good and bad theme this is a classic lol

I actually bought a ball while i was there and brought it back with me. I tried explaining to my friends what it was and how to kick it, but most of them just started throwing it around like in American Football...haha

That Fire walking video....:tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy: Who would actually think that was a good idea???

TexForPM

Premiership Player
May 21, 2015
Zegema Beach
AFL Club
Adelaide
Nobody is proposing disallowing the Salvos from having their oh so important opinion. Nobody is muting them.

They are more than free to spout any nonsense they want, and we're free to express disappointment that the club would associate with them.
If yours is the minority of the AFC supporters views and we continue to support them as a sponsor do you leave it at that, democracy has won?
more people want them than don't? Does that view stop and "move on" or do you recruit more people and change their thought process to get more followers until the shift of supporters has outweighed that view and AFC needs to change?

Jun 7, 2011
Mount Gambier
AFL Club
Adelaide
If yours is the minority of the AFC supporters views and we continue to support them as a sponsor do you leave it at that, democracy has won?
more people want them than don't? Does that view stop and "move on" or do you recruit more people and change their thought process to get more followers until the shift of supporters has outweighed that view and AFC needs to change?

Yes.

Jun 7, 2011
Mount Gambier
AFL Club
Adelaide
Clearly depends on your view :)
Hopefully it's not too sinister!

I wasn't commenting on that in isolation, but public opinion evolves, so surely we don't vote once and that becomes the end of the matter. Obviously, the alternate view needs to accept the voice of the people at the time, but that doesn't mean that they can't continue to prosecute their views. The Democrat supporters haven't exactly just shut up shop and started to focus on the next election.

TexForPM

Premiership Player
May 21, 2015
Zegema Beach
AFL Club
Adelaide
I wasn't commenting on that in isolation, but public opinion evolves, so surely we don't vote once and that becomes the end of the matter. Obviously, the alternate view needs to accept the voice of the people at the time, but that doesn't mean that they can't continue to prosecute their views. The Democrat supporters haven't exactly just shut up shop and started to focus on the next election.
I know and I agree.
Society seems to be moving to a level where anything and everything has to be accepted and catered for.

arrowman

Brownlow Medallist
Jul 27, 2004
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
I had just been a casual fan and would watch any game involving any team that was on TV here. This past June I took a vacation to Australia and a buddy and I went to a game while in Perth. He was rooting for the Eagles, so I decided to root for the Crows. It was the game where the Crows came from behind to win while blanking the Eagles like 30-0 in the 4th quarter. I had a great time and just decided to stick with the Crows since! Still learning the game, but I have the basics down. I wish I could play it here!!
What a great start to your career as a Crow!!!
Welcome!

Crowstar

Club Legend
Jun 1, 2015
AFL Club
Adelaide
Not sure if it's been said before or if this is thread worthy but I was having a chat with a port supporter and he made a valid point (surprising I know).

Say Tex is captain for another 5 years, who do we see as the next leaders?
I could only name Lever comfortably. There's a massive gap imo with who our future leaders are and if they're capable of leading our club the way Roo, Goodwin, McLeod, VB, Tex, Sloane etc have done in the past and are doing now.
It's too early to suggest Doedee, Gallucci are capable and I don't see Laird, Smith, Brown or CC as the leadership type.

Thought?

mistylake

Cancelled
10k Posts
Mar 21, 2014
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood, Canadiens, Maroons.
Not sure if it's been said before or if this is thread worthy but I was having a chat with a port supporter and he made a valid point (surprising I know).

I could only name Lever comfortably. There's a massive gap imo with who our future leaders are and if they're capable of leading our club the way Roo, Goodwin, McLeod, VB, Tex, Sloane etc have done in the past and are doing now.
It's too early to suggest Doedee, Gallucci are capable and I don't see Laird, Smith, Brown or CC as the leadership type.

Thought?

If Tex was to drop off. Sloane initially. Lever, Probably wouldn't say Talia only because I recon a midfielder would be prefered.
That should see us through about 4/5 years.

Thought?

I presume you mean the leadership group and not just the captaincy. Sloane and Talia will be leaders for a while, Lynch may become part of the group with Vb gone and Thommo in the twilight of his career. I actually think Laird could be another, but like you said it's too hard to tell with the younger guys. Wait and see how they go I guess, I don't really see it issue right now tbh.

ad victoriam

Brownlow Medallist
Jan 2, 2016
Barossa
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
CDFC

Thought?

Today it would be Tex Sloane, Talia, Betts, Jacobs,
In 5 years it may be, Talia, Lever, Hampton, Matt and Brad Crouch, Doedee, Gallucci, Poholke
The Crows currently have no shortages of potential leaders. both now and for the future.

Crowstar

Club Legend
Jun 1, 2015
AFL Club
Adelaide
Today it would be Tex Sloane, Talia, Betts, Jacobs,
In 5 years it may be, Talia, Lever, Hampton, Matt and Brad Crouch, Doedee, Gallucci, Poholke
The Crows currently have no shortages of potential leaders. both now and for the future.
I know you're right. I have absolute faith.

May 17, 2009
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Glenelg

Thought?
I get the feeling that Cameron may develop into a Betts style leader. I think he's grown immeasurably as a person in his few years at the club. I think Knight could be a future leader going forward.

Lever as captain seems almost a lock if he sticks around. Gallucci was a co-captain of his TAC Cup side, so he could probably develop into one in time.

Jun 7, 2011
Mount Gambier
AFL Club
Adelaide

Thought?

Go back 5 years, did Tex seem a future captain. With him, Sloane and Talia at their peak, it's easy to not see what's developing underneath. I wouldn't have thought it would be a concern just yet.

Vhaluus

Cancelled
10k Posts
May 13, 2016
AFL Club
Adelaide
Go back 5 years, did Tex seem a future captain. With him, Sloane and Talia at their peak, it's easy to not see what's developing underneath. I wouldn't have thought it would be a concern just yet.

Did most people pick Tex as a future captain even 12 months before he was appointed?

Back