Competitions Greatest St.Kilda player of all-time [FINAL]

Who is the greatest St.Kilda player of all-time?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Hello all!

Over the past month we've been nominating who we think should be considered amongst the greatest St.Kilda players in our 144 year history (which you can find here). With such a proud and memorable history, this knockout tournament will highlight players of all eras, culminating in a sole winner and 'Greatest Saint of all-time' title.

We then voted on who would advance to the quarterfinals from POOL A (which you can find here) and POOL B (which you can find here). Results for the quarterfinals can be found here. We then voted on the semifinalists which can be found here, culminating in this thread, the final.

The winner will be crowned BigFooty's greatest St.Kilda player of all-time.

Here is the bracket;
lEFzLll.png

The Semifinal votes have been tallied and the results are in...

The Final will be;

(2) Robert Harvey v (3) Tony Lockett

Very hard to choose. Two players I saw through their whole career. Greatest goalscorer of all time and a Brownlow or 383 games for the Saints and two Brownlows. On some dark darks I would just go to watch each of them play and forget about the belting we were receiving. In the end I'm going to go with the big man, just.

P
L
U
G
G
E
R

No disrespect to Banger who is my favourite ever. But has to be the big unit for me

How do you pick between these 2, watching Lockett in full flight live was just out of this world and we will never see anything like it again.
Many games where I would just watch Harvey carve teams up it was like he was in his own space and no one could touch him, couldn't wait for the weekend to come so I could go watch these 2. Lockett is the best Footballer I have seen but Harvey is the Greatest Saint I have seen

I gotta go for Plugger.
Best ive ever seen play and probably best I'll ever see.
But its still a tuff choice . Geez Harvey was f-ing amazing. Loved tbe way he broke his opponents will by just running them ragged.

IMO on his best days Lockett was totally unstoppable no matter who he played on. Even absolutely terrorized the "AFL Full Back of the Century" a few times.
On the other hand Harvey is probably the most consistent player i have ever seen. The only other player recently to remind me of Bangers consistency was Ablett jnr before the injuries kicked in.
Plugger & Banger i loved them both but unfortunately i can only pick 1.
images-19.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lockett is one of a very few official legends of the game. In the broader footy community he is in most people's 10 greatest players of all time. Harvey is simply not at that level.

Lockett is the best player I have seen play the game. Ian Stewart is close to the second best.

Lol not at his level!! Cmon!

Do you think Lockett would excel in today's footy?

Riewoldt would have excelled in early 1990s footy

Back