2017 - Non Yeo Discussion (Formerly Non Freo Discussion)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remember that time when West Coast took Lamb over Blakely?

Even funnier than when Naomi Watts chose lamb over Tom Cruise.

Foodwise would definitely pick Lamb over Blakely

This guy might be along the same lines of thinking as the some of our fans, however

Hannibal-Cooking-824x392.jpg

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mads is one of my favourite actors. He feels like an older brother in that he is caring but totally terrifying underneath.
To be fair to Mads though, who hasn't wanted to mangle Daniel Craig's goolies?

In the next instalment of our proper cooking techniques series, here's Mads showing the correct way to tenderise your meat before marinating...

Can't believe in the main board some eagles fan still think lamb is better than blakely . :huh:
Is that actually true? Like recently someone has said this?
Its hard to see how you could possibly conclude that on displayed form thus far.

Mind you I wouldn't completely count Lamb out. He reminds me of Mitch Morton who did pretty much nothing except now and then would have moments of brilliance. He may still turn out to be a player although I'd be very surprised if his career output gets anywher near Blakeley who seems a very driven and professional young man with a great footy brain.

Its hard to see how you could possibly conclude that on displayed form thus far.

Mind you I wouldn't completely count Lamb out. He reminds me of Mitch Morton who did pretty much nothing except now and then would have moments of brilliance. He may still turn out to be a player although I'd be very surprised if his career output gets anywher near Blakeley who seems a very driven and professional young man with a great footy brain.
I rated Lamb as well but he just doesn't seem to want it enough - needs a personality overhaul. I am a massive critic of Blakely as I don't think he worked nearly hard enough defensively last year. But the signs are good so far this pre-season so crossing fingers he steps up and becomes a complete inside mid. Blakely is still miles ahead of Lamb and can't see that changing.

I rated Lamb as well but he just doesn't seem to want it enough - needs a personality overhaul. I am a massive critic of Blakely as I don't think he worked nearly hard enough defensively last year. But the signs are good so far this pre-season so crossing fingers he steps up and becomes a complete inside mid. Blakely is still miles ahead of Lamb and can't see that changing.
I'm a big fan of Blakely, so I'm hoping his defensive efforts will improve as his endurance improves (which I'm assuming was a known issue in 2016 given Freo only gave him about 62% Time On Ground).

Ross sent him back to Peel with specific instruction re improving his defensive game.So undoubtedly an issue which Connor has acknowledged and committed to addressing.
Can only see continuing improvement for the fella.He's talented,determined,intelligent wants to improve as rapidly as poss and has a very professional approach in a supportive environment.Has declared he wants to learn from our guns and improve all areas of his game.
Has all the hallmarks of being a gun.
The Bunbury crew say he dominated every ball game he played.

Ross sent him back to Peel with specific instruction re improving his defensive game.So undoubtedly an issue which Connor has acknowledged and committed to addressing.
Can only see continuing improvement for the fella.He's talented,determined,intelligent wants to improve as rapidly as poss and has a very professional approach in a supportive environment.Has declared he wants to learn from our guns and improve all areas of his game.
Has all the hallmarks of being a gun.
The Bunbury crew say he dominated every ball game he played.

Stay on topic would ya :rolleyes:

After reading it again I don't think he is serious,
He Just rate lamb better overhead and Blakely bad at kicking .

https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/tom-lamb.1136390/page-11#post-48280783

Pav and cox have both got ads on tv. I know it's cruel, but the contrast between the two makes me laugh.

(Mostly) Non-Freo stuff:

Having gone through the fixture, I reckon St. Kilda will finish 4th or 5th, and West Coast will cling to 8th on percentage above five other teams incl. Geelong and Hawthorn. I feel like Gold Coast have some sort of direction and cohesion right now and could be among this group, too.
Interested to see how far North Melbourne fall, and how many of the traded players fit into their new squads (Mayne, Williams, Lewis, Mitchell, Kersten, Hill, McCarthy, Deledio).

Oh and a question, since I can't post a new thread yet and it seems appropriate to this thread:
Do you guys reckon Barlow, Mzungu, Silvagni or Deboer will get (m)any games at their new clubs this year?

(Mostly) Non-Freo stuff:

Having gone through the fixture, I reckon St. Kilda will finish 4th or 5th, and West Coast will cling to 8th on percentage above five other teams incl. Geelong and Hawthorn. I feel like Gold Coast have some sort of direction and cohesion right now and could be among this group, too.
Interested to see how far North Melbourne fall, and how many of the traded players fit into their new squads (Mayne, Williams, Lewis, Mitchell, Kersten, Hill, McCarthy, Deledio).

Oh and a question, since I can't post a new thread yet and it seems appropriate to this thread:
Do you guys reckon Barlow, Mzungu, Silvagni or Deboer will get (m)any games at their new clubs this year?
I'd be shocked if WCE finish as low as 8th. I'd love to see them fail, but they should do pretty good. I think Geelong and Hawthorn will play finals, very easily too.

Barlow will get a fair few, Mzungu and de Boer not so much, they're mostly depth and leadership for the NEAFL team, Silvagni yes, should play quite a bit, realistically he is best 22 in Carltons team with ease.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back