International Cricket Captain

Remove this Banner Ad

I probably will, just wanted to check whether it's a huge scam and no improvement on its predecessor or not :p
It really isn't an improvement on the other two. 15 is probably the best of the three.

How many runs does he actually score each innings, though? I find he often has a high average that is boosted by like 40% of his innings being not-outs.

Not near his average but I've brought him in at 3 as a night-watchman and 6 a few times and he's been more than handy

I probably will, just wanted to check whether it's a huge scam and no improvement on its predecessor or not :p

I couldn't tell you...I'm not forking out for it either!

I guess the updated database is the key

I couldn't tell you...I'm not forking out for it either!

I guess the updated database is the key
That's the only reason I'd bother updating. I have both 14 & 15 but seem to play 14 more.

How many runs does he actually score each innings, though? I find he often has a high average that is boosted by like 40% of his innings being not-outs.

No reason not to use Lyon in the game IMO. Often ends up with a strike rate below 60 with an economy rate of around 3.1-3.2, which is decent for a Test spinner these days.

I usually go with a Starc/Siddle/Hazlewood/Lyon bowling line-up in regular conditions, and O'Keefe/Starc/Hazlewood/Lyon in spinning conditions. You can still usually get a year or two of perfectly adequate seam bowling out of Siddle in the game, and Pattinson, Cummins or Bird don't often produce that much better.

Also, am I the only one that sims the majority of games, rather than playing ball-by-ball or over-by-over? I'm more interested in just getting through the series and generating the results and stats based on the teams I select. It would be nice to be able to have more control (being able to ensure the bowling order, and that particular bowlers actually get to bowl) in simulation would be nice, but I find I'm more into the management side of sports games rather than actually controlling the play myself.
Nathan Lyon is pretty average on my save.

Plus you play half your matches in Australia where the wickets don't turn.. So 4 seamers seem to get 20 wickets fine.

Then for my sub continent tours. My all rounder who bowls leg spin turns into Stuart macgill in the subcontinent.. So I rarely need to pick Lyon.

I usually play over by over in tests..

But in cc2016 I played over by over in ODIs.. Ended up losing 15 straight games. So now I just sim them.
Same with it20.

The match engine was much better in 2014.

I've also got a screen shot of a series where Lyon got about 25 wickets.

The craziest thing I've seen was in a big bash Comp for Perth and Klinger scored just over 1000 runs in 10 games. Lost the final haha
I had an ashes series where Lyon took between 40 and 50 wickets hahaha

I reckon I'll just go straight down the middle and buy 15. Good trade-off of price and improvements I'd say - cheers for the help lads!

16 has some good fun with the South African domestic system.

Its not a major gameplay change but I liked playing there and finding out about more of their players

India's quicks really suck whenever I play as them. I've just gone and used a 4 spinner attack now, usually Jadeja, Ashwin, Mishra and Jayant.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This is the best individual score and team score I've ever had and best partnership too I'd wager. I kept expecting Warner to randomly get out like batsmen seem to in tests - it wasn't even on easy difficulty!

1UomxZV.jpg

Might need a Pragyan Ojha or Axar Patel in there too, just to make sure you have enough options ;)
I really want to find a left arm leggie to round it out (even though they'll be a left arm offie in this anyway)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back