InFiction

Senior List
Oct 14, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
7 wookies.JPG

Keg on legs

Cancelled
10k Posts St Kilda - Doulton Langlands Player Sponsor 2020 St Kilda - Robbie Young Player Sponsor 2019 St Kilda - Nathan Freeman Player Sponsor 2017
Oct 5, 2014
The beer fridge
AFL Club
St Kilda
latest version of Fear The Beard (78.6k left)

not a lot of defence premos i like the look of, so will go light down here. Laird, Pittard and Mills are the 3 ive decided on so far.
Laird should be over his pissweak injuries and average 100-105 quite comfortably
Pittard has been on the improve for the past 3 years, upping his average by 25 points in the past 2 years. Backing him in for a 95+ ave
Mills, i have been convinced to get him by a few guys on here, who say he will take some of Titch's mid time. Lloyd and HH were the other 2 i wanted here, but didnt want to start JP and HH as we have the round 9 bye.
Rookies are placeholders, but these guys look to be some of the frontrunners early.

Gone deep in the mids, due to the backs being light on.
Danger picks himself. I almost wasnt going to start him, but i started without GAJ a couple of years back when he was similar price and he went 140+ in the first 5 rounds...
JPK i really like the look of this year. The new captain and had an underrated 2016 IMO. His GF was massive and will be looking to avenge for the loss.
Treloar is the 115+ breakout candidate for a lot of people and he was another who slotted in seamlessly into his new team.
Smexy Robbie will only average 105-110 (bloody CD campaigners) but with Port looking to bounce back after 2 down years, he will be the one who leads the way with his sexy footy.
Fyfe, well, Fyfe picks himself basically. Former Brownlow Medallist who was a former number 1 SC player. Question will be can he play a full season?
Tom Mitchell is my smoky for a top 8 mid spot at the end of the year. New team and will be the number 1 man there. Expecting a 105+ average from him.

Rucks are like everyone else. Gawdilands.
Gawn may lose a few points next year due to the trend of top rucks dropping off the year after they finish top in SC.
Sandilands is a risk, but at 308k and with no backup or competition, im backing him to play the first 10-11 games and average 95+

Forwards is interesting.
Nroo is my F1 and im backing him in for a 100-105 year on the wing. With or without the captaincy, this guy always leads from the front and id expect it to be no different in 2017.
Dahlhaus is F2 and im backing him to be a top 3 forward in 2017. However, with the natural progression of the Dogs team, he could drop off a little, but he is such a class player, its unlikely.
Ryder at F3 is a big risk for some, and he may start rusty, but he will come good with the number 1 ruck role at Alberton. Expect him to start slow for the first couple of rounds, but once he gets into the groove of things, he will get back to the Ryder of 13/14
Bennell is the riskiest pick of them all IMO. didnt play in 2016 and has played 45 games in the past 3 years. However, im backing him to get over him calf issues and average 95+. Bennell is full of class and when fit is one of the best players to watch in the game.

View attachment 328258

Coming along quite well mate. Liking some of those pics. But get your bloody hands off my pod JPK. :)

Balls of steele picking Bennell!

Apr 26, 2012
AFL Club
Richmond
v39589458

Backs: Rance and Laird are safe as houses to land somewhere between 95-105 imo, can't go wrong there. JJ is a great little player and would be higher priced had he played the full season, Hartlett likewise is much better than his starting price suggests.
Mids: Pretty simple, went through who I thought would be the top 6 scorers, and picked them. I'm not sure I'll be able to hang onto all of them without sacrificing my rookies which is the biggest no no, but they are pretty to look at for now.
Rucks:pretty standard now, more and more people seem to be warming to Sandi
Fwds: Hate the forwards this year, which is why my mids are so strong. Dahl is the only one I am confident in, everyone else has question marks for me. Heeney obviously unproven but he's an absolute gem and they would be stupid to not chuck him into the mid rotations this year. Ryder has the ruck role uncontested and with his scoring history and discount is more than worth it, DPP makes it even sweeter. Think Ainsworth is the more ready to go player compared to McCluggage FWIW.

Tear it to shreds gentlemen
Screen Shot 2017-01-18 at 9.54.42 PM.png

v39589458

Backs: Rance and Laird are safe as houses to land somewhere between 95-105 imo, can't go wrong there. JJ is a great little player and would be higher priced had he played the full season, Hartlett likewise is much better than his starting price suggests.
Mids: Pretty simple, went through who I thought would be the top 6 scorers, and picked them. I'm not sure I'll be able to hang onto all of them without sacrificing my rookies which is the biggest no no, but they are pretty to look at for now.
Fwds: Hate the forwards this year, which is why my mids are so strong. Dahl is the only one I am confident in, everyone else has question marks for me. Heeney obviously unproven but he's an absolute gem and they would be stupid to not chuck him into the mid rotations this year. Ryder has the ruck role uncontested and with his scoring history and discount is more than worth it, DPP makes it even sweeter. Think Ainsworth is the more ready to go player compared to McCluggage FWIW.

View attachment 328397

Like it

Cash left over?

TheBeardAmigos

Brownlow Medallist
May 15, 2013
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
v39589458

View attachment 328397
FYI Chris Fagan is a massive fan of McCluggage, while you think Ainsworth is more ready made than Hugh, it depends on early games and it seems like Hugh will get those over Ben

otherwise a very nice team. Mids are very strong and you are banking on around 800-1000 points a week from your premos, which is totally gettable from them.

Apr 26, 2012
AFL Club
Richmond
FYI Chris Fagan is a massive fan of McCluggage, while you think Ainsworth is more ready made than Hugh, it depends on early games and it seems like Hugh will get those over Ben

otherwise a very nice team. Mids are very strong and you are banking on around 800-1000 points a week from your premos, which is totally gettable from them.
I'd be surprised if a struggling team like GC left the talents and leadership potential of Ainsworth on the sideline for very long, but I think both will play early. Going purely off following last years draft i'd say Ben would have the better scoring potential but we'll know so much more on everything rookies in a couple of months, that it's all just guess work right now

TheBeardAmigos

Brownlow Medallist
May 15, 2013
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
I'd be surprised if a struggling team like GC left the talents and leadership potential of Ainsworth on the sideline for very long, but I think both will play early. Going purely off following last years draft i'd say Ben would have the better scoring potential but we'll know so much more on everything rookies in a couple of months, that it's all just guess work right now
yeah thats true, just thought you should know if you didnt already

Sep 3, 2005
Adelaide
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Baghdad Bombers
OK my turn :)

DEF
Heater
- gun, proven, plays for a team that will win plenty of games, top 3 DEF, loves to kick, reliable
Adams - can go big, proven 100 AV, injury risk but one of the only ones in my whole team and there are plenty of options to sideways to if he goes down. I'm happy to take the risk on him.
Laird - hopefully he's over his soft tissue crap. He is a proven top 10 DEF and is still young playing in a top 6 side that will keep on winning games. Has the potential to play some more midfield and push 100-105 AV
McGrath - should play games and will be one of the first culled. Will watch his JLT
Rookies - lets hope we can get 2 that will take the field every week until the byes

MID
Danger
- good luck starting without the current SC stud
Pendles - Can't remember a year I haven't had him. Under priced a tad after playing hurt early last year
Hanners - JPK always drops in price, this stud muffin is a bull and may even step it up without Mitchel around
Jelwood - Didn't have a preseason last year and still averaged 111 next to a bloke who stole a heap of points.
Can't see Danger averaging 131 again and with Caddy gone I think Selwood can go 115+
Fyfe - too cheap for his potential output to ignore. Proven but an injury risk. Misses one week with anything leg related and he becomes JPK, Sloane, Robbie, Bont etc
Sheed - I don't consider him as risky. Best 22 and about to enter his 4th year although last year he only played the 5 games. Expect a 75-80 average and to be one of my last upgrades.
Taking him over Beams, JOM or D.Swallow. He's played more footy in a year than these three have put together
SPP and Myers - will play games, will make cash, will be slaughtered with a smile on my face
Rookies - Bowes I expect to get games and GC are poo, plus he has a handy DPP. If he doesn't come up Bolton takes his spot and I'll bring in McLuggage to replace Bolton. (May still do this)

RUCKS
Gawnilands
- Goes without saying doesn't it. Unlike Goldy last year where he was too busy nailing trainers and faking injuries so he could nail more trainers. Gawn I expect to keep it up. He's young and has no Daw to play a FWD/RUCK role plus the no 3rd man up rule should help soften any possible loss of points.
Sandi could go 110 but I expect a solid 90 until the byes. Will become Goldy or Mummy if or when required

FWD
Dahl
- Will be a top 5 FWD. Gun. Reliable. Plays in a top 4 team.
Macrae - Top 6 FWD based on last years average. Can improve even more IMO. Plenty of opportunity in the middle with the Dogs injuries and traded players.
Heeney - Kid is a gun. He's cheap for his potential output in a top 4 Sydney side. Will only get better every year after improving his tank and size. Mitchell going is just a bonus. Expect a 90-95 AV
Ryder - Bloke is a pure footballer. Would be chomping at the bit to get out there. New 3rd man rule suites his aerial dominance. No real competition. Will get a break down forward and kick a snag or two. Great coverage.
McCarthy - The way I look at it Freo have no forward line and this guy will probably get the best defender so I'm not expecting much other than he will play and should average 70 which is better for me than it is for him and he has to play for Freo
Eddy/Rioli - Eddy will get Butcher/Schultz spot and Rioli fills a need and will play games if he can push out one of Hill, Cripps or LeCars. Wait and see with these two.

upload_2017-1-18_21-57-31.jpeg

Mar 18, 2013
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
University

DEF
Heater
- gun, proven, plays for a team that will win plenty of games, top 3 DEF, loves to kick, reliable
Adams - can go big, proven 100 AV, injury risk but one of the only ones in my whole team and there are plenty of options to sideways to if he goes down. I'm happy to take the risk on him.
Laird - hopefully he's over his soft tissue crap. He is a proven top 10 DEF and is still young playing in a top 6 side that will keep on winning games. Has the potential to play some more midfield and push 100-105 AV
McGrath - should play games and will be one of the first culled. Will watch his JLT
Rookies - lets hope we can get 2 that will take the field every week until the byes

MID
Danger
Pendles - Can't remember a year I haven't had him. Under priced a tad after playing hurt early last year
Hanners - JPK always drops in price, this stud muffin is a bull and may even step it up without Mitchel around
Jelwood - Didn't have a preseason last year and still averaged 111 next to a bloke who stole a heap of points.
Can't see Danger averaging 131 again and with Caddy gone I think Selwood can go 115+
Fyfe - too cheap for his potential output to ignore. Proven but an injury risk. Misses one week with anything leg related and he becomes JPK, Sloane, Robbie, Bont etc
Sheed - I don't consider him as risky. Best 22 and about to enter his 4th year although last year he only played the 5 games. Expect a 75-80 average and to be one of my last upgrades.
Taking him over Beams, JOM or D.Swallow. He's played more footy in a year than these three have put together
SPP and Myers - will play games, will make cash, will be slaughtered with a smile on my face
Rookies - Bowes I expect to get games and GC are poo, plus he has a handy DPP. If he doesn't come up Bolton takes his spot and I'll bring in McLuggage to replace Bolton. (May still do this)

RUCKS
Gawnilands
- Goes without saying doesn't it. Unlike Goldy last year where he was too busy nailing trainers and faking injuries so he could nail more trainers. Gawn I expect to keep it up. He's young and has no Daw to play a FWD/RUCK role plus the no 3rd man up rule should help soften any possible loss of points.
Sandi could go 110 but I expect a solid 90 until the byes. Will become Goldy or Mummy if or when required

FWD
Dahl
Macrae - Top 6 FWD based on last years average. Can improve even more IMO. Plenty of opportunity in the middle with the Dogs injuries and traded players.
Heeney - Kid is a gun. He's cheap for his potential output in a top 4 Sydney side. Will only get better every year after improving his tank and size. Mitchell going is just a bonus. Expect a 90-95 AV
Ryder - Bloke is a pure footballer. Would be chomping at the bit to get out there. New 3rd man rule suites his aerial dominance. No real competition. Will get a break down forward and kick a snag or two. Great coverage.
McCarthy - The way I look at it Freo have no forward line and this guy will probably get the best defender so I'm not expecting much other than he will play and should average 70 which is better for me than it is for him and he has to play for Freo
Eddy/Rioli - Eddy will get Butcher/Schultz spot and Rioli fills a need and will play games if he can push out one of Hill, Cripps or LeCars. Wait and see with these two.

View attachment 328413
Is a 75-80 average really worth 267k though? If that's all he's going to average for me, he'd want to be well under $200k. Davy Swallow only 13k extra;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sep 3, 2005
Adelaide
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Baghdad Bombers
Is a 75-80 average really worth 267k though? If that's all he's going to average for me, he'd want to be well under $200k. Davy Swallow only 13k extra;)
Swallow might average 90 but will he last untill the byes?

Guess i could change him to McLuggage and bank a bit more cash. Nice JS with Sheed though. It's a lazy mans January pick :)

cybajedi

Senior List
Dec 9, 2016
AFL Club
Collingwood

DEF
Heater

MID
Danger

RUCKS
Gawnilands

FWD
Dahl

View attachment 328413

Solid team, not sold on Heeney or Adams but undertand the selections. Nice job.

cybajedi

Senior List
Dec 9, 2016
AFL Club
Collingwood
Just made Sheed McLuggage then spent the extra to turn Heeney into Gunston. Or could squeeze in Lids instead.

Like it, Mcluggage can become any of the 200k guys depending on the pre season and Gunston is never talked about but should be a solid option this year. I'd like GC Lynch at F2 but that bye messes with my forward set up so have Gunston atm.

freddy mercury

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 20, 2009
AFL Club
Tasmania
Other Teams
Jacksonville
Alright, here we go, kicked off my preseason today.

Backs

Rance, Laird, Johannisen, Hibbered, McGrath, Keefe, ( Scharenberg, Stewart )

Mids

Pendlebury, Bontempelli, Fyfe, Heppell, D.Beams, D. Swallow, Powell-Pepper, Myers ( Petrevski-Seton, Berry, Pickett )

Rucks

Gawn, Sandilands ( Strnadica )

Forwards

Deledio, Franklin, Greene, Ryder, McCluggae, Eddy ( McKay, Bolton )

Happy with that. Only worry is Sandilands. Think Deledio will be the highest scoring forward for the season.
Another worry could be lack of forward depth, but this is just one of many teams I will play around with.
Got the two Champion Data's love child's in my side. Probably need Grundy in to have the trio.

Apr 12, 2011
Yarraville
AFL Club
Sydney

Rupert who? :)
Vlastuin and Merrett is BALLSY, love it
I like really like Witts at R3 too. Too many people are jumping on to Ryder as ruck back up for mine, he is in the burnman/never again category for me.
I'm not a fan of Motlop though, otherwise a nice team.

Rupert who? :)
Vlastuin and Merrett is BALLSY, love it
I like really like Witts at R3 too. Too many people are jumping on to Ryder as ruck back up for mine, he is in the burnman/never again category for me.
I'm not a fan of Motlop though, otherwise a nice team.

Rupert Wills

Tall pies midfielder

Played last 5 for a 82odd average (included a 44 in his 5th game) 92 av without that 44

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back