BF Crime Books and Documentaries

Remove this Banner Ad

Aug 29, 2013
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Perth Glory
Just finished "A Murder without Motive" by Martin McKenzie-Murray about the murder of a 19y.o girl in Perth's northern suburbs.

Well written and explores a range of themes including the banality of the 'burbs and the adolescent struggle to develop masculine identity.

Highly recommended.

rank and file

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 9, 2013
michael mitchell country
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
bell park
Tales of the Grim Sleeper one of Nick Bloomfields.Guy had a 22 year run killing women mainly because of the inertia of the LAPD as most of the victims were poor black prostitutes.Doco suggests he could've done over 100,has been charged with 11.
9/10

Bump.

Have read 2 books on Daniel Morcombe's abduction and murder (Police investigation POV and the parent's POV).

Book entitled "I Shot Daddy" which was the story of a girl's horrific sexual abuse (10 year period) accumulating to the eventual murder of her father, by her, due to the fact he basically raped her younger sister in front of her. Sentenced to life in prison with no parole- was a brutal yet amazing story.

And now just picked up a book for $8: "Little Girls Lost: The Stories of Four of Australia's Most Horrific Child Murders"- currently reading the story of the Bega Schoolgirls murders.

/sometimes I wonder why I read this stuff.

Nemisis

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 27, 2012
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Saw a great film last night 'Joe Cinque consolation' based on a book of Helen Garner. Very disturbing case of a young law student who murdered her boyfriend by drugging him and then injecting him with massive doses of heroin.
She received just 4 years gaol and was out within 2 years!!

Nemisis

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 27, 2012
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Bump.

Have read 2 books on Daniel Morcombe's abduction and murder (Police investigation POV and the parent's POV).

Book entitled "I Shot Daddy" which was the story of a girl's horrific sexual abuse (10 year period) accumulating to the eventual murder of her father, by her, due to the fact he basically raped her younger sister in front of her. Sentenced to life in prison with no parole- was a brutal yet amazing story.

And now just picked up a book for $8: "Little Girls Lost: The Stories of Four of Australia's Most Horrific Child Murders"- currently reading the story of the Bega Schoolgirls murders.

/sometimes I wonder why I read this stuff.
Have a read of "The Missing Beaumont Children - 50 years of mystery and misery"

Mar 21, 2016
Down South Corvus Tristis
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Sturt, White Sox
Anyone else just watch "Deep Water" on SBS?
Yes. Posted a thread on Tv and Entertainment. Just shake your head that the police were either complicit in some of the attacks or complicit in not investigating very hard.

And to put my hand up I did have those sentiments as a teenager. Left those behind a while ago.

Now watching Bra Boys.

Yes. Posted a thread on Tv and Entertainment. Just shake your head that the police were either complicit in some of the attacks or complicit in not investigating very hard.

And to put my hand up I did have those sentiments as a teenager. Left those behind a while ago.

Now watching Bra Boys.

Yeah I cannot relate to that at all- easy for me to say I know was too young in that era to know what was really happening (as I was born in 1980) and by the time I was 15/16 I guess it was more acceptable and we knew more about HIV/AIDS then.

As a woman just made me extremely uncomfortable seeing girls involved in those gangs and just saying the most horrific things, just horrible.

One q.

If homosexuals were obviously being targeted- why didnt they group together and fight the fighters?? Give those bastards a taste of their own medicine. Just wondering.

Mar 21, 2016
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Sturt, White Sox
Yeah I cannot relate to that at all- easy for me to say I know was too young in that era to know what was really happening (as I was born in 1980) and by the time I was 15/16 I guess it was more acceptable and we knew more about HIV/AIDS then.
I think the letter that was read out was close to the mark. I didn't understand it at that age, there was truly truly horrendous things said against gays. HIV/AIDS was scaring a lot of people. In Adelaide we had young men disappearing at the time. There was this great divide, similar towards Muslims today. And the fear was perpetuated nightly on tv.
If homosexuals were obviously being targeted- why didnt they group together and fight the fighters?? Give those bastards a taste of their own medicine. Just wondering.
The psychology of homosexuality at the times was one of shame. By ''grouping together'' they then exposed themselves to others , when for many men it was still a dirty private secret to themselves.

I think the letter that was read out was close to the mark. I didn't understand it at that age, there was truly truly horrendous things said against gays. HIV/AIDS was scaring a lot of people. In Adelaide we had young men disappearing at the time. There was this great divide, similar towards Muslims today. And the fear was perpetuated nightly on tv.

The psychology of homosexuality at the times was one of shame. By ''grouping together'' they then exposed themselves to others , when for many men it was still a dirty private secret to themselves.

Again- was unaware. Just assumed these types of crimes/murders happened more in the 50s/60s/70s and by the time the 80s, even early 90s came around people were way more educated and accepted. Obviously I was wrong. Was staggered by the "response" (cant even call it that can you) of the police. Disgraceful.

Mar 21, 2016
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Sturt, White Sox
Again- was unaware. Just assumed these types of crimes/murders happened more in the 50s/60s/70s and by the time the 80s, even early 90s came around people were way more educated and accepted. Obviously I was wrong. Was staggered by the "response" (cant even call it that can you) of the police. Disgraceful.
Look up the Duncan Murder on the Torrens ( Bevan Von Einem makes an appearance) as to Police Complicitness.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Look up the Duncan Murder on the Torrens ( Bevan Von Einem makes an appearance) as to Police Complicitness.

Described in this book ...

Young Blood: The Story of the Family Murders
by Bob R. O'Brien

Oct 2, 2007
Willy back beach
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Everton FC Williamstown FC
Cuckoo by Andrew Rule on Raymond Edmonds or Mr. Stinky is the best I've read, published in 1988 it's out of print now and copies are getting harder to find but well worth it if you can pick one up somewhere.
What a sick * that campaigner was.

Seven to commission two new series in 2017, including Million Dollar Cold Case, where viewers will be offered a reward of up to $1m for fresh evidence leading to an arrest or conviction.

Murder Uncovered, to be hosted by new recruit Michael Usher, will also re-examine some of Australia’s most notorious killings and crimes.

Nemisis

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 27, 2012
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Seven to commission two new series in 2017, including Million Dollar Cold Case, where viewers will be offered a reward of up to $1m for fresh evidence leading to an arrest or conviction.

Murder Uncovered, to be hosted by new recruit Michael Usher, will also re-examine some of Australia’s most notorious killings and crimes.
Hopefully they cover the NCA bombing, although SAPOL might not want to get involved as they have new DNA evidence being tested ... great for the perpetrator/s to finally get what they deserve for this horrible crime.

This looks interesting as well.

Future Crimes.

Attachments

• scaring.jpg
    scaring.jpg
    178.6 KB · Views: 213

Cold Sober

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 28, 2016
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Man U .White Sox;Storm,Victory
Am reading ''Bent: Updated and Uncensored: Australias Crooked Cops''
You will be reading volume 1 ,not enough ink in Australia to go any further,hang on to that one'
While I'm here,can't think of book name but she murdered,skun and cooked a bloke called PRICE,not into s**t like that but the book was actually good read

Back