Who is the Best NFL QB of all time?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Oct 27, 2016
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Packers, Raptors, Renegades
As the title says, who is the best QB? Just a few statements before you throw me under the bus for not picking your teams QB;

- These QB's have been selected due to their prominence during their entire careers, not just one or two fluke seasons.

- This is strictly NFL, post 1966 merging. sorry Johnny Unitas.

- These QB's have been MVP for at least one season.

- The selection is in no particular order.

With that said, if you would like to say who you think should make the list feel free to go ahead and debate but... and this is a HUGE but... Keep all conversations and debates at the most professional and intellectual level as you possibly can. I do not want this thread to be taken down because some nut jobs start sending each other personal threats.

Apart from that, enjoy your stay here. Things are about to get heated :)

10 of the Best QB's of All Time:

Joe Montana:
joe_montana_main.jpg

Steve Young:

steve_young_main.jpg

Peyton Manning:
peyton_manning_main_2.jpg

Jon Elway:
jon_elway_main.jpg

Tom Brady:
tom_brady_main_2.jpg

Roger Staubach:
roger_staubach_main_0.jpg

Brett Farve:
brett_favre_main.jpg

Dan Marino:
dan_marino_main.jpg

Terry Bradshaw:

_main_terry.jpg

And my personal pick, Aaron Rodgers:

Aaron-Rodgers-throwing-the-football.jpg

Oct 27, 2016
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Surely Peyton will be more remembered as a Colt than a Bronco?

Nitpick aside, voted Peyton.
Surely Peyton will be more remembered as a Colt than a Bronco?

Nitpick aside, voted Peyton.
Fair point. I'll add the Indianapolis Colts next to his former team. Anything for my Mr. Manning :)

Edit: Turns out I cannot change the poll names so that's unfortunate. At the time I made this I was just thinking of the team they played for in most recent times... Then again I did put Farve in GB :p Don't expect much consistency with me XD

slvr tl blk wht

Debutant
Aug 12, 2013
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
New England Patriots
Tom Brady has done it all in terms of personal and team achievements no one will come close to what he has done in both and hes still going. Porbably add another 1 SB win before hes done and then finally no one will be able to argue against him being the GOAT.

MarcusP2

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 21, 2009
AFL Club
Adelaide
Tom Brady has done it all in terms of personal and team achievements no one will come close to what he has done in both and hes still going. Porbably add another 1 SB win before hes done and then finally no one will be able to argue against him being the GOAT.
What personal achievements does he have that nobody can come close to?

If you're not going to vote Brady at least have respect to your fellow NFL fans and vote either Manning or Montana, or maybe, just maybe, Marino.
You're making the BigFOoty community look worse with stunts like that.

From this list.. I've had to eliminate FOUR. I'm not in a position to compare against the one's I didn't get to see (enough of) at their peak.

How I come up with my final choice.

Smartest IMO: 1. Brady 2. Young 3. Montana
Best arm: 1. Favre 2. Manning 3. Rodgers 4. Big Ben 5. Elway 6. Young
Scrambling ability: 1. Young 2. Cunningham
In the Pocket: 1. Marino 2. Manning 3. Brady
Outside the pocket: 1. Big Ben 2. Rodgers 3. Young

Tom Brady, not because I'm a Patriots fan and a Tom Brady tragic but because he's the most handsome.

And you've seen MORE than enough of him.. that's ok.. I expected that response.. and it's not about being a tragic but more about feeling vindicated. Six CC's in a row along with the katrillion other QB records he has just underlines why your vote holds up very solid.

My vote was more about admiration from afar and having to step back and have a higher appreciation for the all round skill set required by the one and only Steve Young.

Oct 27, 2016
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
From this list.. I've had to eliminate FOUR. I'm not in a position to compare against the one's I didn't get to see (enough of) at their peak.

\
Yeah I can agree with that. In some positions and situations other QBs would make this list. I think Big Ben could've found himself somewhere on this list if it was QBs of most recent time.

\
Yeah I can agree with that. In some positions and situations other QBs would make this list. I think Big Ben could've found himself somewhere on this list if it was QBs of most recent time.

Big Ben has all the attributes… just consistency (numbers) not highly valued from the outside. We're more balanced without needing his heavy reliance. Unlike Brady who has the smarts to shake off a poor drive and go SHE-bang on the next. Light switch QB is TB#12. Steelers obviously need to shut out his light downfield. But how often does TB fail when his team is in trouble? VERY FEW… that's why Brady can easily be a GOAT in my books… no point arguing / debating if someone says that. Give them their pats on the back and say.. yup.. next discussion..

http://www.footballdb.com/leaders/career-passing-tdintratio

I don't know how seriously anyone takes the TD/Inception ratio but according to that the BADMAN Aaron Rodgers is #1 in front of Tom Brady. Whether you believe it is accurate or not, it's still something to take into account.

Yes indeed. Worth mentioning that Rodgers is eq #105 in 4th Q comebacks as well. Brady in the Top 3. :eek: Does that mean certain teams not as dominant as we all thought? I was surprised to find Peyton #1.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/leaders/comebacks_career.htm

Last edited:

Peyton 'coach on the field' Manning not in the top 3 Smartest QB's?

Oct 27, 2016
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Peyton 'coach on the field' Manning not in the top 3 Smartest QB's?

I rated these guys higher.. yes.. Peyton deserves to be amongst the Smartest.. I guess that Divisional play-off loss in 2005/6 lost him a whole lotta credibility. :p #4 at best.

Back