Competitions Awesome 2016/2017 draft game selection thread - starts Sat Dec 17th

Remove this Banner Ad

Sure. But voting took longer than the draft last year.

Hello fellow competitors, as you may have read several posts above, adelaidecrows is a bit busy to complete this competition right now. That's fine, because I have volunteered to continue running this competition through to its completion.

Let's get down to what will be happening in the next month

VOTING

As interest has waned in the game over the past few weeks, we will not be continuing with any more rounds of drafting. Unfortunately, an odd number of rounds has slightly disadvantaged some players like Kristof and Drugs, who had the last pick in both the first and final rounds, however it's too late now to correct this. Future games should have an even number of rounds to address this issue.

Every team at this point should be finalized and have their full team listed correctly in their team post. These team posts are vital to the voting process, so be sure yours is accurate.

To give people plenty of time to vote on everyone else's team (this has been a tedious process in the past, apparently), the voting deadline will be three days before the first AFL pre-season match. The voting deadline is Monday February 13th, 2017 at 11.59pm ACDT. This should give everyone three weeks to vote.

Every competitor in this game must vote on every other team in the competition. Failure to vote by the deadline will result in your team receiving a score of 0. You will also be publicly shamed and humiliated.

Votes should be submitted to me (Scorpus) via a DM before the deadline. Please try and lay out your votes in an easy-to-read fashion so I can quickly chuck the figures into Excel. Even better, just send me an Excel spreadsheet.

The results and winner by voting shall be revealed on Wednesday February 15th. The winner can bask in their glory before everyone realizes they actually have a crap team after watching pre-season matches.

SCORING PROCESS

We will be using the scoring process outlined in the OP.

At the end of the draft, we vote on the structure and balance of each line up.
Forward line (out of 15)
- 6 points; Aerial prowess (eg goals via contested marking, leading)
- 6 points; Ground level (eg goals via crumbing, goal sense)
- 3 points; Defensive pressure (tackling, speed)

Midfield (out of 20)
- 6 points; Inside skills (contested ball, clearances, tackling)
- 6 points; Outside skills (spread, speed, skill level)
- 6 points; Midfield depth (number & quality of players who can rotate through midfield)
- 2 points; Tagging (shut down ability)

Ruck (out of 10)
- 4 points; Tap work (hit outs to advantage in all ruck contests)
- 4 points; Around the ground (marking, pushing forward, dropping back)
- 2 points; Ruck cover (secondary ruckman)

Defence (out of 15)
- 6 points; Aerial prowess (marking contests, spoils, intercept marks)
- 6 points; Ground level (shut down skills)
- 3 points; Rebound (run and carry, kicking penetration)

Penmanship (out of 5)
- 5 points; Were your selections interesting and fun enough to bring life to the game, or did you half ass it and just name the player? We don't need Shakespeare, but we do need contribution!

This voting should be less about predictions of how teams will perform in the season ahead (too subjective). It should be more how they are rated at that point in time. All players vote on each team and each team gets a score out of 65.

Your submission to me via DM must contain a scoring full breakdown. Half-assing this is not in the spirit of the game. Plus, getting a full breakdown will allow me to award some teams with 'best midfield', 'best defence' and 'best forward line' trophies.

SUBMISSION CHECKLIST

When I have received your votes, I will update the following list of competitors to indicate this fact. You can also use the list to remind/shame/pressure/blackmail other posters into voting if they haven't done so.

As a courtesy, I will remind everyone who hasn't voted one week and one day before voting closes.

Competitors
Hank93 - No votes received
adelaidecrows - No votes received
Daniel1812 - No votes received
Scorpus - No votes received
billy fragos - No votes received
Allefgib - No votes received
Danger in Texas - No votes received
FAITH - Received!
Drugs Are Bad Mackay? - No votes received
Kristof - No votes received
Coopers - No votes received
Mr MysteryGuest - No votes received
AdelaideFan14 - No votes received
roo2macca - No votes received
Danger Zone - No votes received
1990crow - No votes received
Jcpdragonx - No votes received
Danoz - No votes received
hendo8888 - No votes received
Maggsy - Received!

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Everyone has one week left to vote

Hank93 - No votes received
adelaidecrows - No votes received
Daniel1812 - No votes received
Scorpus - No votes received
billy fragos - No votes received
Allefgib - No votes received
Danger in Texas - No votes received
FAITH - No votes received
Drugs Are Bad Mackay? - No votes received
Kristof - No votes received
Coopers - No votes received
Mr MysteryGuest - No votes received
AdelaideFan14 - No votes received
roo2macca - No votes received
Danger Zone - No votes received
1990crow - No votes received
Jcpdragonx - No votes received
Danoz - No votes received
hendo8888 - No votes received
Maggsy - No votes received

My voting is completed.. I won't drop any names, scores etc, but I will say.. it's damn tight up the top..

Out of a possible 65 total.. my highest score given was 56 .. AND there are 16 teams between 49-56.

It was clear when I was going through everyone's teams that the majority of teams drafted well and had a great spread of talent..

Silly question.. but you don't vote on your own team do you???

Remove this Banner Ad

Back