The REALLY REAL Tom Doedee Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

May 25, 2009
Back in S.A.
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Sporting Clube de Portugal
Yes this is a piss-take thread, but only partly.

As we all know the first thread dedicated to this enigmatic player was completely and utterly overridden by a certain poster's (who shall not be named) deliberate argumentativeness that made it impossible for anyone to track Doedee's progress.

Now with the second thread fast falling to the same fate and with the advent of Doedee's debut approaching this season I thought a third thread might be needed for those of us who would like to read up on his whole journey from the start of the year, without having to wade swim through a torrent of Marty's trolling. Oops I named him.

So feel free to post club videos, photos*, reports, etc. here and hopefully this thread will last more than a week, though secretly I'm hoping for at least a month.

*don't forget your watermarks.

Ce3BwjSUEAACm9s.jpg

Last edited:
I am hoping for a massive year from Tom. At the moment Hamish and his team have my 100% backing. I will wait to judge them on their results some time in the future. At pick 17 and out of the blue, Tom represents a pick where Hamish and Co have really put their reputations on the line. I love that. It excites me to no end. So far the signs from the SANFL have been nothing but positive. This being his second year is really a year where I would expect an elite kid, taken at pick 17, to really show some big things in the senior team. My expectations of a such a high draft pick in his 2nd would be that he should displace one if not both of Cheney and Brown.

I am hoping for a massive year from Tom. At the moment Hamish and his team have my 100% backing. I will wait to judge them on their results some time in the future. At pick 17 and out of the blue, Tom represents a pick where Hamish and Co have really put their reputations on the line. I love that. It excites me to no end. So far the signs from the SANFL have been nothing but positive. This being his second year is really a year where I would expect an elite kid, taken at pick 17, to really show some big things in the senior team. My expectations of a such a high draft pick in his 2nd would be that he should displace one if not both of Cheney and Brown.

Fair Call

If we have another blessed injury run I won't mind if he doesn't debut as long he's dominating in his spot in the SANFL. This will be his first full preseason and he's a relative latecomer to the game. But at his pick, he'd better be playing early in 2018 or it'll be looking like a bust. But I feel he'll be debuting this year and will take to it pretty well.

1 player to replace 2? He must be good!

I'm pretty bullish about Tom's ability to succeed at this level. He seems pretty determined and when you have talent + determination, it is the best combo for successful footballers

Reckon he'll play a bit this year

Glad to have a new Tom thread to contribute to. I was thoroughly confused by the last one as I have Marty on ignore, so I wasn't reading something like 7 out of 10 posts.
Yeah, he'll debut this year, maybe as early as Round 1 and I reckon he'll play most games. Mightily impressed with what I saw of him in the 2s last year. He will strengthen an already strong backline.

He strikes me as the smart, cool headed and professional type. The very sort that would inspire coaches to give them an opportunity despite their age and inexperience. Had he come from a football background and if not for the interrupted preseason last year I think he would've debuted last season.

On a side note; I'm getting the same vibe from Gallucci.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

An upgrade on Cheney and possibly Brown if his progress keeps tracking upwards

I like his kicking action

Leaves little room for error in ball drop

Appears to really attack the ball

I watched the Crows beat Sturt at Thebarton last season. Doedee was BOG for mine. He reads the play superbly and takes a great mark for his size. He was also marshaling the defence. I think we have a good one here. He should start round 1 after Cheney's interrupted preseason.

I watched the Crows beat Sturt at Thebarton last season. Doedee was BOG for mine. He reads the play superbly and takes a great mark for his size. He was also marshaling the defence. I think we have a good one here. He should start round 1 after Cheney's interrupted preseason.
whenever he gets his shot I can't see whoever he replaces getting back in in a hurry

I've said it before and I'll say it again, he's the next Easton Wood. Hopefully plays games in 2017 before completely overtaking Cheney before the start of 2018, because that's the role he needs to make his own.

An upgrade on Cheney and possibly Brown if his progress keeps tracking upwards

I like his kicking action

Leaves little room for error in ball drop

Appears to really attack the ball
I don't want to upset you, but the club is working on changing his kicking action at the moment! And they are doing it wrong...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back