Chris Gayle

Remove this Banner Ad

A 40-year-old hit a big century against starc and hazlewood in literally the last test Australia played. Don't see what his age has to do with it

Misbah-ul-Haq has played 24 tests since Gayle played his last. Gayle has not played a FC match at all since 2014.

His T20 work has nothing to do with how he'd fare coming back to Test matches.

This.

Gayle might have been good a couple of years ago (he's played 12 tests since the end of 2010 and none since 2014) but that's no guarantee he'll be good at 39.

Maybe he is genuinely good enough to just turn up and play test cricket when he feels like it but for a guy who averages 42 I doubt it. He is arguably the best T20 batsman in the world (overall), but he's not the best ODI batsman and nowhere near the best test batsman.

Also he still seems like he has a chip over his shoulder with Channel 10 about not getting paid. You would think a megastar like him he would be on thousands of dollars.

This is his quote on Twitter:

"I'm sure Players who used the Cam/Helmet while batting and commentators who did commentary last year BBL has been paid...."

"So why is it I can't get paid like all the others? It's been 1 year now and I need my Money asap! Not because I'm from the Caribbean. #Ten"

"So make sure when I check my account next week it's there! I done talk! Slavery Days done with! Pay Me! #Ten"

I tell you one thing, I'd love it , if he showed a tad bit of humility. To Gayle, take a lesson and note from Rafa and Roger Federer.

I think Cricket Australia and the Big Bash, don't want this kind of personality ruining the game. The Big Bash or Australian sports teams for all that matter, its more about the team ethic and getting that chemistry together over the individual. If we don't see Gayle in the Big Bash again, I'd be a tad sad because his batting was a level above from that of other batsman.

But I'm pretty sure we will still see him in other domestic T20 leagues: IPL, PSL, CPL and maybe the Natwest T20. I do find it a bit strange why he has come out to Australia at the Big Bash point of the season. From what I've seen he also launched his 'Spartan Bats' in Sydney.

I think Cricket Australia and the Big Bash, don't want this kind of personality ruining the game. The Big Bash or Australian sports teams for all that matter, its more about the team ethic and getting that chemistry together over the individual. If we don't see Gayle in the Big Bash again, I'd be a tad sad because his batting was a level above from that of other batsman.

But I'm pretty sure we will still see him in other domestic T20 leagues: IPL, PSL, CPL and maybe the Natwest T20. I do find it a bit strange why he has come out to Australia at the Big Bash point of the season. From what I've seen he also launched his 'Spartan Bats' in Sydney.

Lets be realistic, he's a gun batsman but other than a couple of years for WA and briefly for the Renegades he's never had that remarkable a T20 season on Australian shores.

Lets be realistic, he's a gun batsman but other than a couple of years for WA and briefly for the Renegades he's never had that remarkable a T20 season on Australian shores.
Fair call.
He's still worth the entertainment though given the teams don't pay the ridiculous starting price the Thunder did. 250K out of 1M.

CA have made a bunch of decisions that make it clear they see the BBL as a product first and competition a clear second.

For that reason he'll never get another gig in the comp. Not worth the damage he does to a very successful family-targeted brand.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Funny that Gayle started his Australian career playing for WA in Big Bash v1.0 and is now the last sort of player the Scorchers would sign.

Not that funny. Who would you prefer to watch batting Chris Gayle or DingDong Bell? I can't see how Wez Traillians would find that funny.

Only one reason Scorchers won the title was a Queenslander called Mitch Johnson. I would rather watch Gayle bat than DingDong Bell.

Buy Gayle and you can't afford Johnson

Yeah you've got it cos that's how it all works. If you buy Gayle you can't afford Mitch Johnson. It happens everytime someone buys Gayle. Another one is if you buy Aaron Finch you can't afford Nick Maddison.

Only one reason Scorchers won the title was a Queenslander called Mitch Johnson. I would rather watch Gayle bat than DingDong Bell.
I'd say WA's Richardson with 3 crucial wickets was pretty influential (especially breaking the Haddin/Henriques Partnership)
Ian Bell also played a very good support role alongside Klinger

Yeah you've got it cos that's how it all works. If you buy Gayle you can't afford Mitch Johnson. It happens everytime someone buys Gayle. Another one is if you buy Aaron Finch you can't afford Nick Maddison.

Look how Gayles teams have performed in BBL.
Look how Perth has performed

I'd say WA's Richardson with 3 crucial wickets was pretty influential (especially breaking the Haddin/Henriques Partnership)
Ian Bell also played a very good support role alongside Klinger

Gayle loves to play the supporting role.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back