The REALLY REAL Tom Doedee Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

From the horses mouth!
And I'm still 100% confident Menzel is very far behind midfield fitness and dreams of him playing midfield are just that
So you heard from Tom himself, or was it in that interview AFC made (I didn't hear it)?

Also, I know you can't say who the Menzel source is, but is it a more reputable source than TSR's (who was a family friend and current player)?

Will be interesting to see who's right

Hardly. Cheney was very good last year, and Brown impacted by injury. Its not a no brainer by any means.
It all depends on how much (if at all) Doedee progresses. We know that Cheney can perform, at least. Despite that, I'd be willing to forgo a little less proven quality for some games in '17 if it means Doedee can progress quicker and be a better player than Cheney by 2018.

Hardly. Cheney was very good last year, and Brown impacted by injury. Its not a no brainer by any means.
Cheney was okay last year. If we can't imagine an upgrade on him though, we are in serious trouble. Brown was absolutely hampered by injury, but it's not exactly been resoundingly good news on that front.

I would certainly be hoping that a low draft pick like Doedee who has been groomed for half back would be earmarked for one of those spots.

They were pretty good in a team that was ultimately crushed by real contenders when it mattered. Can't go with the same players who have minimal or no scope for improvement.

Well, unless we were happy with last season which I actually suspect we were.

I 100% expect Doedee to play mostly SANFL this season unless we pick up a heap of injuries.

I 100% expect Doedee to play mostly SANFL this season unless we pick up a heap of injuries.

With Cheney, Seedsman and Brown's limited pre-season, I wouldn't be surprised if Doedee is in round 1 contention

They were pretty good in a team that was ultimately crushed by real contenders when it mattered. Can't go with the same players who have minimal or no scope for improvement.

Well, unless we were happy with last season which I actually suspect we were.

I agree with you, we must change how we operate, but not holding my breath.

From the horses mouth!
And I'm still 100% confident Menzel is very far behind midfield fitness and dreams of him playing midfield are just that
I think most of us are hoping he can play forward this year, surely his fitness is up to scratch for that.

As for Doedee are you saying he thinks he's being taught incorrectly?

EXCLUSIVE photo of Troy Menzel in his spare time seems to confirm what DJ75 has been saying

1oe2Lcm.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How the hell do we recruit a guy in the first round If there was a need to teach him how to kick?

Why do we recruit so many goofy kicking styles in the first place?

How the hell do we recruit a guy in the first round If there was a need to teach him how to kick?

Ogilvie to Vic Scout: Tell me about Doedee?

Scout: Well, he's a defender and-

Ogilvie: Sold!

We are not picking from the top of the available draftees.

I'd rather draft someone with a goofy but solid (or fixable) kicking style who wins contests.

Anyway Milera is a great kick.

We are not picking from the top of the available draftees.

I'd rather draft someone with a goofy but solid (or fixable) kicking style who wins contests.

Anyway Milera is a great kick.

Milera is a refreshingly great kick.

Would not surprise at all if Doedees in the side Rd 1 given given Cheney and Brown have had restricted preseasons.

Might be all he needs to cement a spot.

No matter what happens we won't be able to blame David Noble anymore...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back