Universal Love 2019 #eci thread - #eco is soooooo 2017 - title updated/now with poll.

@_wang_ is an #emo troll stuck in 2016.

• Yes - **** him

Votes: 4 33.3%
  • Yes - double **** him

Votes: 5 41.7%
  • I am an #eco loser who only sees negatives

Votes: 1 8.3%
  • #sack dimma

Votes: 3 25.0%
  • CB17 is a top bloke who will inspire us to glory in 2019.

Votes: 1 8.3%
  • **** yeah, I am #ECI

Votes: 6 50.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

What is alarming for me more so at the moment is the lack of excitement I have about footy season coming up in general.
It's not a Richmond thing but a footy thing. Usually I can't wait but I just have nothing.
It's not just you, I'm hearing this quite a bit, even from people that used to live and breath the game.

I've never been in a toxic relationship, but the tempered optimism I feel during pre-season due to years of disappointment and false dawns must be similar to a domestic violence victim giving their partner "one more chance"

So i'm #ECI but if you so much as lay a hand on by RFC and i'll land a restraining order on your ass! (until next pre-season when you will have another "last chance" to atone) :oops::oops::oops:

I'm definitely ECI.

The reasons why are that: finally we have depth in the inside mids. The cliques seem to have been removed. The game plan disaster of 2016 has (hopefully) taught some lessons. There seems to be a real desire to have leadership throughout the squad. So many players are talking of a different feel this year, more inclusive and supportive. We have gotten some good coaches. Balme. Young players developing well. Lennon getting a kick up the arse. Conca might be fit (OK, pushing that one I know :)). There are lot of teams transitioning up to try and contend or others losing their place - opens up opportunities. No one rates us, even BF tiger supporters - there is too much talent not be at least good, and if we play well very good.

Feeling very mortal,midlife crisis and Richmond still haven't won a flag in a system where other teams get a major leg up.
Feel down about the season when usually I am really positive so maybe when I'm down and out,Richmond finally do something.
Feel sorry for the club though with the media pressure forced on them on a weekly basis and our players having to play grand finals every week as the oppo teams train their little leggies off when Richmond comes up on the fixture with blood baying media sitting in the oppo corner.
Us against the World 2017 style.

Feeling very mortal,midlife crisis and Richmond still haven't won a flag in a system where other teams get a major leg up.
Feel down about the season when usually I am really positive so maybe when I'm down and out,Richmond finally do something.
Feel sorry for the club though with the media pressure forced on them on a weekly basis and our players having to play grand finals every week as the oppo teams train their little leggies off when Richmond comes up on the fixture with blood baying media sitting in the oppo corner.
Us against the World 2017 style.

It's already well and truly under way in the media, according to some of them Dusty already has an in principle agreement with another Victorian club and is a certainty to leave.

https://www.sen.com.au/news/2017/01/30/dusty-is-on-the-move-watson/

“When you put off negotiations at this stage, it means one thing (he is going),” Watson told SEN Breakfast.

“Look at (Patrick) Dangerfield last year, all year – deny, deny … it was already done.

“There are clubs that have been circling Dustin Martin for a couple of years.

“It would be my belief that there is already a deal that has already been agreed in principle somewhere…I would think he is staying in Victoria.”

This preseason has the exact opposite feel to last preseason.

Yeah - last year felt very much same old same old - after 3 straight set finals exits we were just going about our business - clichés flying about how much we had learned and would draw from the disappointments.... meh...
I was excited about Rioli but was sceptical re. Yarran.

The changes over this summer, new look ready made mids, some exciting small forwards, changes to the coaching staff, Neil Balme - all positive IMO.

& biggest of all, much less spin and waffly lip-service about what we have learnt and who was flying.

Never #eco so still #eci

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I won't #eci until finals win.

If you're gonna be like that, you might as well say "I won't #eci until we win a premiership", because what's the point of just winning a final?

As far as I'm concerned, you're either #eci from the start and you enjoy the ride with all the ups and downs, or you're just a bandwagoner.

If you're gonna be like that, you might as well say "I won't #eci until we win a premiership", because what's the point of just winning a final?

As far as I'm concerned, you're either #eci from the start and you enjoy the ride with all the ups and downs, or you're just a bandwagoner.
Hahahahahahahaha.

Ok then. :rolleyes:

Hahahahahahahaha.

Ok then. :rolleyes:

What part of my post do you disagree with? :p

btw I never said being #eco was a bad thing, if you want to tune out, I honestly couldn't blame you, especially after our horror 2016.

I'm just saying that if you're going to be #eco until we start winning a final, that's basically the definition of being a bandwagoner, and also, what's the point of becoming #eci again unless we actually win a Grand Final? For the glory of winning one, or maybe two finals if you're lucky?

Statistically, what you're saying is, you're gonna be #eco for the whole pre-season + 22 weeks of the regular season, and you'll only be #eci for 1, or maybe 2 weeks max, whilst we're playing finals and winning one or potentially two.

Seems a bit silly when you think about it, doesn't it? :D considering that the vast majority of footy that is played in a season is in the H&A season, not in the finals..

Last edited:
Back