Prediction 2017 Free Agency & Trading - go to the Gibbs thread if you wish to discuss Gibbs!!!

Who do you think the Crows will get during the 2017 trade period?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Id rather throw the cool mil' at cleanskins the likes of the Bont, Cripps or Petrecca. Guys that havent quite hit their straps but will do in the next 1-3 years, but dont quite demand that kind of coin just yet(Bont prolly does).

Martin Id pay 850k tops on the books,but set him up with the local chapter and buy him Focarellis old parlour on Hindley st off the books.
Bont has already hit his straps...

Superstar already I agree but I dont think we will see him peak for another couple of years as crazy as that may sound.
If you watch him closely last year, he was the Bullies crunch player in close games.

Agree that he will be even better.

Would offer him more money than Fyfe... but isn't going anywhere.

If you watch him closely last year, he was the Bullies crunch player in close games.

Nah I know its a pipe deam but if we are going to dream (Fyfe) we may as well dream big.

My main idea was that 1.5mil would be better spent on someone like Bont who may not be in the top 3 players right at this moment in time and who I doubt could command such a cheque from most clubs just yet but whos price will only rise with time.

Nah I know its a pipe deam but if we are going to dream (Fyfe) we may as well dream big.

My main idea was that 1.5mil would be better spent on someone like Bont who may not be in the top 3 players right at this moment in time and who I doubt could command such a cheque from most clubs just yet but whos price will only rise with time.
I would be very surprised if 10 clubs didn't have Bont as their number 1 or 2.

Fyfe and Bontempelli. Who is next? Or before?

If we had a spare 1.5mil to chase a FA then I would look to get 2 guns then just 1 in Fyfe.

That could potentially get us both Martin and Rockliff as free agents at seasons end.
$900k - 1mil = Martin
$500k - $600k = Rocky

All unlikely but how I would play the market

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If Fyfe wants 1.5 crows should walk away. He needs to realistic and if he wants a flag he would know most clubs who in contention won't pay that. That's almost double what danger would be on

With a year out I wonder if he'll have a quiet year as he comes up to speed.

If he doesn't play that well, his 1.5 mil is way off the mark
Fyfe's attraction to playing for AFC isn't a big pay cheque, as Freo can match anything we can offer...but to play with his idol Sloaney. :)

To land both Fyfe and Martin we would have to get rid of McGovern, Lever and Lynch. I rate McGovern the most out of the trio but I'd do it to get a flag in 2018

I would absolutely love to get Martin and/or Fyfe.

However, our entire trading history shows that it just isn't in our clubs DNA, and I would be gobsmacked if either were even close to being at Adelaide next year.

So now Cripps has joined his manager and Carlton saying Kornes is full of crap.
Kornes has gone to Rooch school, where you just make stuff up to grab headlines.

Gone are the days of actually seeking out a journalistic source...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back