General MFC Discussion 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
FWIW, Roosy has recently joined Instagram.
He liked two of my posts.
Just sayin.
a04cc0e238bf4765913df3d7ed780a29995b66ca2110765ccc470497ca443e66.jpg

saj_21

Cancelled
Melbourne Board Tipping Champion
Aug 30, 2007
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Warney's IPL team!
I don't think he will be too critical of anyone for a while

I'm reading your comment as tongue in cheek but to be fair his personal life should not be taken into account when his commenting on football matters.

Kinda like a few years back when we were a rabble and I'd comment on players or footy in general and people would say back what would you know you go for Melbourne or jack watts is s**t.....completely irrelevant to the conversation

Oct 13, 2015
Brisbane
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Blackhawks, 76ers
Any idea when they'll release the 2017 jumpers? I thought about buying a 2016 training singlet but figured I'd just wait for the new ones.
They just wore the 2017 training jumper for the first time up here yesterday, so you'd assume they wouldn't be too far away from going on sale.

Probably just preparing for the queues of people clamoring to get their clash jumpers ...

Any idea when they'll release the 2017 jumpers? I thought about buying a 2016 training singlet but figured I'd just wait for the new ones.
They're waiting for a sponsor for the back still IIRC

I still don't know if that terrible jumper (with the logo pasted on the front) is actually our clash jumper yet or not.

I did think the other day a couple of years ago Carlton's light blue jumper was approved for clash occasions (they wore it against us in 2011). So here's a suggestion why not just change the navy colours to the royal blue for clash games. (obviously we'd have to wear home with away shorts against West Coast and the Bulldogs)

I'd forgotten we haven't sorted that yet ... approaching the season without a sponsor, brings back memories doesn't it
In 2012 we at least had Energy Watch on the back for the preseason games!

Feb 15, 2015
South Yarra
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Mt Buller Demons
I still don't know if that terrible jumper (with the logo pasted on the front) is actually our clash jumper yet or not.

I did think the other day a couple of years ago Carlton's light blue jumper was approved for clash occasions (they wore it against us in 2011). So here's a suggestion why not just change the navy colours to the royal blue for clash games. (obviously we'd have to wear home with away shorts against West Coast and the Bulldogs)
I'd forgotton about that light blue jumper that Carlton had for a bit there. Probably the worst I can think of.

Proper Gander's terrible jumper collection:

1. Carlton light blues - they looked like extras from the movie Cocoon.
2. Any Bombers jumper that involves that gunmetal grey rubbish - just looks terrible. I'm not certain how they even came up with that idea, I mean who looks at that design and goes "yep, that's perfect - we're good to go" ???
3. Dees guitar plectrum white horror. Only works so long as it gets used as target practice for archery masters in the stands.

I think perhaps a special mention goes to that weird kimono collar we were sporting a few years back. I don't know why they wanted us to dress as Mr Chang from Dr Who and the Talons of Weng Chiang, but it was over fussy and just looked dumb. I remember feeling super sorry for Jack Watts when I saw him in it for the first time. I mean he was copping it so much for just being Jack Watts back then, and they dress him in some wacko armless smoking jacket look.

Hey guys anyone looked at JLT series tickets? How much does it cost to upgrade to grand stand seats? Looked like it was $30 which is way too much?? Im going with pop and dont want to make him stand but jeez! $90 for three of us to watch a pre season game?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back