Analysis What if...?

Remove this Banner Ad

Bring back Bas

Club Legend
Apr 10, 2014
AFL Club
Adelaide
What if...we had of won the premiership in 2012? How would it have been viewed once the Tippet draft tampering become public knowledge?

Mar 28, 2011
Pluto
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Reds, Lakers, Gold City, Knights
What if...we had of won the premiership in 2012? How would it have been viewed once the Tippet draft tampering become public knowledge?
It would have depended on the role Tippett played in the GF, I reckon.

Also, if we won the 2012 flag, Sando would still be coaching.

DD#23

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 31, 2013
AFL Club
Adelaide
personally I reckon the AFL knew already (much like the Essendon scandal) and rigged the prelim to avoid that can of worms altogether.

only way to explain the frankly disgusting umpiring in that game, and fits the AFL's puppet master MO perfectly.

Imagine our team with the two first and second round picks we lost, plus the top 10 pick Tippett was worth, together with Danger and Gunston staying.

We'd be in a better position, but you'd have to factor in we wouldn't have Milera, Menzel, Jenkins or Ellis-Yolmen.

We'd likely have Patrick Cripps and another really good first round player plus Dangerfield and Gunston though.

Aug 17, 2007
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
The Autobots and Team America
personally I reckon the AFL knew already (much like the Essendon scandal) and rigged the prelim to avoid that can of worms altogether.

only way to explain the frankly disgusting umpiring in that game, and fits the AFL's puppet master MO perfectly.
Yeah the AFL rigged it so that Shaun Burgoyne would dominate the last quarter and Paddy to fail to see Sloaney for the easy handball and at the end.

Dam you AFL...

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

ad victoriam

Brownlow Medallist
Jan 2, 2016
Barossa
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
CDFC
I know a lot will be against this But my what if is Graham Cornes coaching 2 more games,
that would have netted us, Chad and Kane, and possibly 2 more grand finals.
Closely followed By adding Cripps to our current line out lost from the Tippert fallout

DD#23

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 31, 2013
AFL Club
Adelaide
Yeah the AFL rigged it so that Shaun Burgoyne would dominate the last quarter and Paddy to fail to see Sloaney for the easy handball and at the end.

Dam you AFL...

this doesn't even have all the howlers.

Elite Crow

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts TheBrownDog
Mar 21, 2008
adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
We'd be in a better position, but you'd have to factor in we wouldn't have Milera, Menzel, Jenkins or Ellis-Yolmen.

We'd likely have Patrick Cripps and another really good first round player plus Dangerfield and Gunston though.
Is this tounge in cheek? Those two groups of players aren't comparable.

Bring back Bas

Club Legend
Apr 10, 2014
AFL Club
Adelaide
It would have depended on the role Tippett played in the GF, I reckon.

Also, if we won the 2012 flag, Sando would still be coaching.
He was exceptional in the prelim so there was no way we would have made the GF without him. I think a lot of people would have put an asterisk next to our name and it would end up being a pretty ugly smudge on the clubs history - even more so that it already is.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mar 28, 2011
Pluto
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Reds, Lakers, Gold City, Knights

Think it was rumoured that we'd take Tim O'Brien with that 2012 1st. If we take TOB, we don't take Atkins, as he was our final pick in that draft.

If the trade was 8 (let's say we draft Devon Smith) and Polec for Tippett (as Stiffy said), our team would probably look like this:

B: Brown, Talia, Lever
HB: Cheney, Hartigan, Laird
C: Polec, Sloane, Cameron
HF: Lynch, Walker, Smith
F: Betts, Gunston, McGovern
R: Jacobs, Dangerfield, Cripps
I/C: Brouch, Mrouch, Knight, Douglas

Think it was rumoured that we'd take Tim O'Brien with that 2012 1st. If we take TOB, we don't take Atkins, as he was our final pick in that draft.

If the trade was 8 (let's say we draft Devon Smith) and Polec for Tippett (as Stiffy said), our team would probably look like this:

B: Brown, Talia, Lever
HB: Cheney, Hartigan, Laird
C: Polec, Sloane, Cameron
HF: Lynch, Walker, Smith
F: Betts, Gunston, McGovern
R: Jacobs, Dangerfield, Cripps
I/C: Brouch, Mrouch, Knight, Douglas

And the premierships rain down upon us with that team

Jun 23, 2016
AFL Club
Adelaide

Dam you AFL...

Yeah Danger while good that game did play a pretty selfish game, hmm kind like most of this games.

The AFL could've very well stripped us off the flag.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back