List Mgmt. 2017 - Trading and Free Agency

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 16, 2014
AFL Club
Fremantle
2017 will be another big year for our list management. Currently over a third of our list will be out of contract at the end of 2017. I think we will have another big turnover at the end of year.

Plenty of names have already been bandied about as potential trades from other clubs. Jason Johanissen, Marcus Adams, Mitch McGovern, Jack Martin.

We were in the hunt for Hogan at one point which would have required a significant sum of money. I assume Bondy thought we could afford both Fyfe and Hogan. I very much doubt we're paying Cam McCarthy anywhere near those levels so do we have some cap room to target a free agent?

First I've heard of Jason Johnanissen and potential trade rumor. Highly doubt it. With A. Pearce, Hamling and Logue being our future (first two also being current) defenders for a long time, our interest for Adams could very well depend on how well Collins progresses this year.

First I've heard of Jason Johnanissen and potential trade rumor. Highly doubt it. With A. Pearce, Hamling and Logue being our future (first two also being current) defenders for a long time, our interest for Adams could very well depend on how well Collins progresses this year.
And whether Adams can recover enough to reach the great heights he set in a few games.

And whether Adams can recover enough to reach the great heights he set in a few games.
And whether Collins extends. Many on here have him outside B22, with AP, Hamling and Logue as the potential future. Is Collins just depth, looking for more opportunity - or can Logue find another position - a Luke Hodge quarterback style and press for the Ibbo spot instead.

I like Collins and hope he keeps his spot. Had a very solid first year with plenty of upside.

We have plenty of vets who will free up some significant money in Dawson, Johnson and Griffin. Possibly Clarke. Sandilands and Mundy would be maybes, but I think they have another season or two. That money will be allocated to retaining Fyfe, and he isn't the only one needing a bigger slice. But I am still hopeful we can pull in another player.

I prefer the strategy the club took in the recent trade period. We probably got McCarthy, Hamling and Kersten for the same/less salary it would have taken for Hogan. And significantly less trade capital.

Too early to be doing this thread. Sure the club would've already started talking to management of players but as fans we can't do much than pure speculation. Feels very St Kilda-like only with very different levels of delusion.

Because I've said that I won't mention names but rucks will be a position you'd think we'd be looking at trade wise.

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

I don't think there is any decent good experiences ruckmen out there at trade. Eg 2013 zac Clarke type.

Probably would've thought the same thing last year. Each year there is 2-3 rucks traded. Someone will emerge as an option. Who that is its impossible to tell right now.

Jack Martin will do, I think he is the most realistic option too.
Is it too early to start making ridiculous trade offers to their bf board?

Given we got Hill for an end of first round pick, a late second rounder should do it! Or at a stretch, an improved Suban should make a good starting point :)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jake Patsmore projects as a good 1st round pick....only for us to take an Eastern States player when the actual time comes! :p

Is it too early to start making ridiculous trade offers to their bf board?

Given we got Hill for an end of first round pick, a late second rounder should do it! Or at a stretch, an improved Suban should make a good starting point :)

In my experience it is never too early, lets go with Suban as a straight swap and if they play hard ball we will throw in Zac Clarke & an old locker from Freo oval.

We have plenty of vets who will free up some significant money in Dawson, Johnson and Griffin. Possibly Clarke. Sandilands and Mundy would be maybes, but I think they have another season or two. That money will be allocated to retaining Fyfe, and he isn't the only one needing a bigger slice. But I am still hopeful we can pull in another player.

I prefer the strategy the club took in the recent trade period. We probably got McCarthy, Hamling and Kersten for the same/less salary it would have taken for Hogan. And significantly less trade capital.
I expect several of the older players will be looking over their shoulder at the end of the year, moved on, or retirement.
Just like the players last year, age, output, skills, upside will be discussed.
Wont be hard to make six changes, with so many kids knocking on the door. still stings though as the guys traded were
purple hearts.

Jake Patsmore projects as a good 1st round pick....only for us to take an Eastern States player when the actual time comes! :p

A lot of water under the bridge. Their are always sliders and risings in the draft. Also, the draft is not set and the order affects who you pick. At the same the docker doesn't do norm.

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

A poster on our board who pretty much always gets good mail says you guys are into Johanissen in a big way, was probably a month ago or so he mentioned it. At this stage your offer and our offer are a long way apart so he's apparently leaning towards you guys at the moment. The lure of coming home and getting more money to do it might be too hard to resist.

Very early for this. Initial thoughts and type of player. Very sketchy at this stage, but I'll have a dip. Not saying these are the dudes we should get, more just the kind of players we'll be looking at:

Mid-Size Defender. Jasper Pittard is a free agent, Matthew Buntine is OOC and worth a look. This may not be so desperate if a couple of Hughes, Ryan, Crozier and Tucker have a break-out season.

Ruckman under 30. Tom Hickey is 25 and OOC. Matthew Kreuzer player 21 games last year and an Unrestricted Free Agent. Brodie Grundy would be ideal, but Collingwood would ask a King's ransom.

Forwards. Balla in his twilight years. Yarren, Mayne, DeBoer and Pavlich all gone. Jarrod Garlett would be handy if he's right to go. Mitch McGovern will be pursued. (To be honest, I was stunned we didn't draft one).

Midfield depth. Jack Martin, David Swallow, Tom Rockliff (FA), Patrick Cripps

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back