Resource 2017 AFL Fantasy Supercoach DraftKings discussion (Opposition supporters: all questions here)

Remove this Banner Ad

Sep 7, 2005
SA
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
LA Rams, UCLA Bruins
I've got him and Ryder in the ruck, lets me go full blown on premo mids.

Interesting. I can't go past Gawn as my lead ruck. Man was a freak last year and with the 3rd man rule, he really should dominate. Does more around the ground than Sauce too. Hopefully i can set and forget

Houston

Premiership Player
Feb 3, 2014
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Minnesota Timberwolves
Interesting. I can't go past Gawn as my lead ruck. Man was a freak last year and with the 3rd man rule, he really should dominate. Does more around the ground than Sauce too. Hopefully i can set and forget
I really like Gawn, but feel hesitant to spend that much on a ruck, even with his massive 2016.

azza77

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 21, 2012
Perth
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Minnesota Vikings, Manchester Utd
Hey guys, so there are a few of us on here that participate in an Ultimate Footy Draft Style fantasy league.

It is very much looking like that there will be a few spots opening up this year in our league of 10. Anyone that is interested please feel free to DM me, or come across to the Ultimate Footy Thread in the backyard. Thanks!

DD#23

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 31, 2013
AFL Club
Adelaide
I really like Gawn, but feel hesitant to spend that much on a ruck, even with his massive 2016.
half the fun in SC is filling your side with guys that you're tipping to turn it all around.

my premiums always backfire lol

DD#23

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 31, 2013
AFL Club
Adelaide
Hey guys, what do you think of Curtly Hampton ($204k) in fantasy?

currently got him in my side, heard some good things from the grape vine - can you guys comment on this?
reports have been very good, just a matter of not getting injured I think. Not necessarily a lock for Round 1 at this stage (we'll have to wait and see who plays in the preseason games), but should play plenty of games if he can stay fit IMO. Good value at $204K but carries some risk given his history of getting injured.

T Menzel?

How is he travelling this preseason and what stopped him breaking into the side last season?

Thanks

Seems to be travelling okay, couldn't break into the side last year as we were working hard on his fitness, and he had an interrupted year in the SANFL due to a few concussions and our schedule. He couldn't build consistency unfortunately.

Most of us here believe he will play a fair few games in 2017, but he's a risk. Reports suggest he is in much better condition that the same time last year.

Sep 19, 2007
The Pub
AFL Club
Adelaide
Seems to be travelling okay, couldn't break into the side last year as we were working hard on his fitness, and he had an interrupted year in the SANFL due to a few concussions and our schedule. He couldn't build consistency unfortunately.

Most of us here believe he will play a fair few games in 2017, but he's a risk. Reports suggest he is in much better condition that the same time last year.

Yeah, agreed, probably both he and Hampton are 2 to keep a close eye on during the preseason as both are rookie priced.

Houston

Premiership Player
Feb 3, 2014
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Minnesota Timberwolves
Thanks. Hampton and Menzel are the two I'm keeping tabs on. Rookie priced but been in the system for a while and can both play quality footy when fit, both had injuries holding them back.

Good luck for the year.
You seem nice, so here's another one to keep an eye on for your midfield bench.
Hugh Greenwood is worth watching in the JLT and may play more than a handful of games this year after impressing as a forward and big bodied mid. We have a spot on our list open so he can be upgraded at anytime.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Shaz2012

Cancelled
Sep 15, 2012
AFL Club
Adelaide
Obeanie1 I initially had both Menzel and Hampton in my team. But in the end with my dithering and flip flopping, I had to leave out Menzel to also include Cam McCarthy. Hope I have made the WRONG decision.

Jul 26, 2007
Darwin
AFL Club
West Coast
Obeanie1 I initially had both Menzel and Hampton in my team. But in the end with my dithering and flip flopping, I had to leave out Menzel to also include Cam McCarthy. Hope I have made the WRONG decision.

I've still got Menzel.......AND McCarthy.:D

Loaded up the midfield and chased the younger cash cows as mid forwards where possible.............ok and I just ran out of salary cap when I got the the forward 8.:oops::D

Shaz2012

Cancelled
Sep 15, 2012
AFL Club
Adelaide
I've still got Menzel.......AND McCarthy.:D

Loaded up the midfield and chased the younger cash cows as mid forwards where possible.............ok and I just ran out of salary cap when I got the the forward 8.:oops::D

Hope you are paid back in spades for the Menzel choice. I personally think that Menzel will play most of the season and if so he is going to be great value for money. I am tempted to flip flop back and make some room for him :). The only issue is that we have about 8 forwards that go into 6 spots (Tex, Eddie, Lynch, Gov, JJ, Cameron, Douglas and Menzel). I personally feel that the best of Douglas is behind him and CC will play more up the ground. But Douglas has been a long time performer for us so its really a wait and see as to who will be given the first opportunities in the opening weeks of the season.

#1 Dogs Fan

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 6, 2006
Behind My Keyboard
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Chris Grant & Muhammed Ali
hi guys. anyone care to give me info on how Charlie cameron is looking and how harrison wigg is traveling or pushing for a few games?

DD#23

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 31, 2013
AFL Club
Adelaide
hi guys. anyone care to give me info on how Charlie cameron is looking and how harrison wigg is traveling or pushing for a few games?
Charlie Cameron is probably one of the guys the whole board is most excited by, whether that translates into big scores or not its hard to say but we expect him to have a lot of impact this year, possibly with extra time on the ball.

Wigg its hard to say, I feel like if he was a realistic chance they would have given him a game against Essendon or Brisbane last year for a taste and to rest Thommo as he was looking good in the SANFL at the time, but didn't happen. There's a chance they just don't rate him, but he's a hard one to call at the moment.

DD#23

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 31, 2013
AFL Club
Adelaide
I'm seriously considering sauce for R2 - How has he been tracking this pre-season?
reports are limited but I don't remember hearing about any injury concerns since the end of the season, he's probably humming along alright.

have to say however I'm going cold on Sauce as far as our 22 going forward is concerned... BUT I still think he's a good chance of starting this season a hell of a lot better than he finished last season - he was completely broken down and never should have returned when he did. Might be able to make some money with him but I think the trick would be to get off him at the right time, can't see him producing a "set it and forget it" season.

Tex Danger

Premiership Player
Mar 20, 2013
AFL Club
Adelaide
If Doedee gets a game what scoring should we expect? 60?

Didn't see any sanfl of him so those who know how he went there may be able to give some insight

Houston

Premiership Player
Feb 3, 2014
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Minnesota Timberwolves
If Doedee gets a game what scoring should we expect? 60?

Didn't see any sanfl of him so those who know how he went there may be able to give some insight
I'd expect him to score like Tommy Sheridan from Freo.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back