Mcdevitt to leave ASADA

MaddAdam

Cancelled
10k Posts Bay 13: Vintage Bay Podcaster North Melbourne - North 2012 Player Sponsor North Melbourne - North 2011 Player Sponsor North Melbourne - North 2010 Player Sponsor North Melbourne - North 2009 Player Sponsor
Jun 8, 2011
In the not so distant future
AFL Club
North Melbourne
ASADA chief executive Ben McDevitt will not be taking up another term.

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/...fter-three-years-in-role-20170207-gu7upj.html

Use this thread to show your appreciation for one of Australia's finest public servants: brave, diligent, willing to fight the good fight all the way despite huge amounts of pressure.

God Speed Mr McDevitt, you leave the great game of Australian Football in a better state than when you arrived.

Nah three years in the Job, he's moved around a bit... probably got bored that there were no big cases
Well after his introduction into the steaming pile of poo that was the Essendon saga, everything else would seem a bit tame.

ben.jpg

Jul 2, 2010
Adelaide
AFL Club
Carlton
as expected, old mate Bruce is taking some credit
http://www.twitlonger.com/show/n_1spjq8s

ASADA’s response to my FOI request confirmed that McDevitt misled Parliament on 3 March 2016 when he corruptly inserted words into a text sent by Stephen Dank to Dean Robinson on 23 August 2011. This was humiliating for McDevitt and he should have resigned then.

In the second half of 2016, I lodged complaints with the Australian Information Commissioner against ASADA for not complying with my reasonable FOI requests. On 9 September 2016, ASADA launched a vicious, vexatious, vile 73-paragraph counter-claim against me and requested that I be declared a vexatious applicant.

On Monday 6 February 2017, the Information Commissioner informed me that he had dismissed ASADA’s case against me.

Having been humiliated twice in recent weeks, once by his own organisation, and once by the Information Commissioner, McDevitt belatedly did the right thing and resigned.

Muggs

Premiership Player
Jan 16, 2015
Your local dark alley
AFL Club
Adelaide
as expected, old mate Bruce is taking some credit
http://www.twitlonger.com/show/n_1spjq8s

Fantastic work Bruce getting someone to resign at the end of their contract, nice forcing him out so quickly that he only gave 4 months notice, how can a replacement be found so soon?!

Bruce I suspect you must have also had a hand in him leaving his previous two positions at the end of his 1st contract based on your current efforts.

Well done Bruce!

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Last edited:
Nov 16, 2004
Location Location
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Melbourne
Fantastic work Bruce getting someone to resign at the end of their contract, nice forcing him out so quickly that he only gave 4 months notice, how can a replacement be found so soon?!

Bruce I suspect you must have also had a hand in him leaving his previous two positions at the end of his 1st contract based on your current efforts.

Well done Bruce!

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
Maybe Bruce can apply?

NoAFLinmycomp

Club Legend
Oct 21, 2014
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Central District
A great innings, even if a former (albeit very brief) Test player doesn't agree!

Even knew when to announce his retirement from the game!

Well played, Sir!

ThirtyFive

Team Captain
Jan 6, 2015
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Sturt Football Club (SANFL)
McDevitt declared at the beginning of his ASADA tenure that he believed CEO's stayed in their positions for too long. He has been true to his word.

Back