McGovern: 1 yr @ start of 2016, 3 years at the end of 2017 - confirmed legend

What do you think McGovern will do?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Our media really is pathetic.

Lynch's comments have been broadcast across the media as "Crows confident of keeping Mitch", when it was one player voicing his opinion. It means nothing really and yet the media have dined out on it because they are s**t.

They are building it up so we look stupid once again when we fail to retain a gun player

He will be much better than LeCras by mid season this year let alone next year
Who would he push out ? I don't know if you've looked at our list but we have a pretty decent "best 22" with about 10 players legitimately pushing to break into it. Mitch would be a good acquisition don't get me wrong but I think he will stay and the price would be too high anyway.
Gov would replace most of Weagles forward line for away games as a minimum. ;)

Who would he push out ? I don't know if you've looked at our list but we have a pretty decent "best 22" with about 10 players legitimately pushing to break into it. Mitch would be a good acquisition don't get me wrong but I think he will stay and the price would be too high anyway.
Name me your forward 6 and I'll tell you who.

If you go to the effort of trading him in on big coin you will be playing him, there is no doubt about it.

Name me your forward 6 and I'll tell you who.

If you go to the effort of trading him in on big coin you will be playing him, there is no doubt about it.
They've already got guns like Josh Hill and Cripps. No room for Shooter.

Our media really is pathetic.

Lynch's comments have been broadcast across the media as "Crows confident of keeping Mitch", when it was one player voicing his opinion. It means nothing really and yet the media have dined out on it because they are s**t.

In fairness, the AFC article started with
"Adelaide is confident it can retain promising forward Mitch McGovern next season, according to Tom Lynch"

http://www.afc.com.au/news/2017-02-08/lynch-confident-gov-wont-go

So are newspaper articles trying to stir up BF! ;)

Damn straight. Not giving that garbage the time of day in feb.

I'm more interested in the India tour coming up.

<waiting for flaming that I have no interest in women's footy>

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I see a bit of jack darling in Gov, and given the way darling has lost his way a little in recent years, Gov probably has a higher ceiling

And that makes a super player.
He's definitely got better hands

Hasn't shown it completely yet

Wait to you see Jake Waterman , he's a very similar type to Darling as well

Agree re the Gov ceiling

No point worrying now, there's plenty of time to sign a new contract. He'd be dumb to sign one now anyway, no CBA announced yet and keep the bidding war going.

Start to panic if there's no news by round 16 I think.

Very important player to keep, could be uber special with a bit more experience. If it doesn't go our way it's got gunston mk 2 written all over it. Lose him for little, continues on his path and dominates the comp when he matures. Already kicking upwards of 40 goals in his first full year!

No point worrying now, there's plenty of time to sign a new contract. He'd be dumb to sign one now anyway, no CBA announced yet and keep the bidding war going.

Start to panic if there's no news by round 16 I think.

Very important player to keep, could be uber special with a bit more experience. If it doesn't go our way it's got gunston mk 2 written all over it. Lose him for little, continues on his path and dominates the comp when he matures. Already kicking upwards of 40 goals in his first full year!
There is no way we can accept a 2nd rounder for Gov like we did for Gunston especially if he develops further . We need at least a first rounder as starting point if it gets to that

Considering we wouldn't trade him for Gibbs but we were happy to give up 1 first rounder you'd think that's the absolute bare minimum depending on WC ladder position ( or Freo)

Not sure about that. Was Betts dumb for signing in the off season, a year out?

We might not know the finer points of the CBA but we'll be working to a rough outline and it will be the scrubs who suffer if we get it wrong, not the quality

Back